Author Topic: Insole shenanigans and recommendations in the year of our lord 2023  (Read 3335 times)

linty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 36
Re: Insole shenanigans and recommendations in the year of our lord 2023
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2023, 01:49:40 AM »
Expand Quote

Fourth consecutive pair of custom orthotics that do this. Footprint does give you a discount code when you reach out to them but at this point this feels like a feature instead of a defect. The fact that it's rebranded china bulk doesn't help, either.

Are the Remind remedies any better, should I try out a pair of G6 insoles? Emerica's pour-in midsoles are so good that I skate those shoes exclusively.
[close]

This is why I just get the kingfoams, they have like a rubber outside layer which doesn't crack.

Kingfoams don't do much for me, I've got ankle pronation and need at least some arch support. I have a pair I've used on and off in walking shoes and those have started to crumble, too.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2023, 04:10:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Fourth consecutive pair of custom orthotics that do this. Footprint does give you a discount code when you reach out to them but at this point this feels like a feature instead of a defect. The fact that it's rebranded china bulk doesn't help, either.

Are the Remind remedies any better, should I try out a pair of G6 insoles? Emerica's pour-in midsoles are so good that I skate those shoes exclusively.
[close]

This is why I just get the kingfoams, they have like a rubber outside layer which doesn't crack.
[close]

Kingfoams don't do much for me, I've got ankle pronation and need at least some arch support. I have a pair I've used on and off in walking shoes and those have started to crumble, too.

Yeaa... Unfortunately it seems to be a feature at this point.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 11:38:55 PM by in love w/ fs shuvs »

hardestflip

• Rep: 3
  • CHAMBERLAIN WITH THE STATS
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2023, 04:57:10 PM »
So, I got the super feet adapt run and did a sesh, def felt some improvement but not enough for it to be worth it, despite that I think this is on me since I am rather heavy AND I have a family member who also skates and has flat feet try them and he said they did help him.
Will continue to update.

PS: I knew i’d have to try a few anyways, I am getting a podiatrist appointment soon as well.

roll_dog

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2023, 05:20:08 PM »
Expand Quote
I personally like the flat FP insoles. I think they live up to their claim that they absorb impact, I've absolutely stomped primo with them in my shoes and didn't feel any pain. They definitely help me keep  skating vulcs at my somewhat advanced age. Their orthotics seem universally unlocked here so I can't speak for those.

Be careful going too thick, the 7mm ones will definitely make your show fit a bit tighter in the toe area. Which may be desirable if your shoes are a bit big.
[close]

Can I ask what brand of shoes you favour?

Forgot to reply to this: Vans. I haven't tried the new skate versions, but the pro old skools and slip ons worked fine with 7mm insoles. They were too tight with some other models though.

I should also note that I have high arches.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2023, 01:32:21 AM »
I tend to use/reuse the STI or G6 removable insoles from Etnies and Emerica in many shoes to beef up support in whatever shoe feels like it needs more cushioning: cups and vulcs.

They're dense and squishy since it's PU but they're not super prone to packing out like plain foam insoles do. They blend a squishy comfort with a firmer support feel.

Not for everyone or every shoe, but I believe in them!
Super Champion Fun Zone

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2023, 11:03:08 AM »
Buying insoles online is a bit annoying, would appreciate some help and hearing about your experiences.

So far I have noticed:
- Remind insoles are confusing, when they say low arch, do they mean the insoles or that my foot should have a low arch to use? I don’t find ANY info on it at all.
- FP Insoles look dope but I worry they will be too thick and end up causing my Ishod's to be too tight.
- Superfeet scares me with those Adaptive Control Technology shit.

I just don’t wanna waste money, bros… :-[

I have flat feet for the record!

i got a high ass arch - in my exp i use FP kingfoams in a lot of Lakai XLK i skated and all my DC's (tiago, matt miller, lynx zero) ive been skating the nb#1010 and i dont use them on there

i also wear lots of thin vulcs for work and use the FP kingfoams in there.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Ride it to dust

• Rep: 54
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2023, 09:44:56 AM »
Can also vouch for FP kingfoam. I’ve had the same set of elites in probably 5 or 6 pairs of shoes in the past 3 years and they’re still good. Ive had them in vulcs and nb 440 hi’s.

dipped

• Rep: 0
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2023, 12:22:39 PM »
Can someone give me a recommendation for insoles that i can use for my last resort shoes, which have a similar shape to the stock insoles? I tried king foams but wasn’t really feeling them. I have a high arch so i don‘t really need arch support.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2023, 12:45:52 PM »
A high arch requires more arch support. Some of the thinner Superfeet would work. I put my Run Comfort into some and they weren't too snug.

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 35
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2023, 02:50:09 PM »
I've had orthopedic insoles for about 14 years and never had skatebrand soles. Is it worth it? I feel like they're more for impact absorption instead of foot correction/support

LebowskisRug

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2023, 08:38:47 PM »
No, definitely not. They can mute some vibrations and have a lot of foam, but they all have almost no heel or arch support compared to a modern off the shelf insole and definitely not compared to something you're used to.