Author Topic: Have pros ever ruined your local spot ?  (Read 8110 times)

GroovySinner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -79
Have pros ever ruined your local spot ?
« on: January 01, 2023, 06:26:37 PM »
I went to school by staples center and it was never really a bust until the girl and chocolate teams came through for like 3 days in a row while filming for pretty sweet and basically caused staples to knob those perfect ledges and all the other ledges around the outside making skating staples really boring now in my opinion. All we have now is a manual pad and stairs.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -211
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Have pros ever ruined your local spot ?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2023, 07:42:02 PM »
Steve Berra ruined the last weekend at Love for the locals.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2023, 08:28:36 PM »
Jahmal Williams ruined all of Boston even before PJ.

We just all focused our decks and quit.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2023, 10:24:56 PM »
Not a pro but somebody who thought very highly of themselves/was basically one of the top looks of greater sydney who didn't understand his nickname "the hero" was completely sarcastic once came to a DIY we had just finished building and proceeded to skate around at top speed.
We kept like physically blocking him and being like oi stop it's not ready but he had massive headphones on and just thought everyone was like trying to watch him skate and accidentally getting in his way or something.
After maybe ten mins he stops for a second and before we can tell him to fuck off he's instantly like yeah How'd you guys find out about this spot? my friends built it all to which one of our group responds you're not our fucking friend but he didn't understand.
Finally we get him and were like yeah don't skate all the stuff it's not ready and he says something like it's ok I'm pro I can handle it.

69woodpusher69

• Rep: 3
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2023, 10:26:59 PM »
Fuckin Dan Corrigan keeps blowing up my local and saying it had the best euro and best skate surface in the world so only a matter of time

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2023, 04:35:07 AM »
Not a pro but somebody who thought very highly of themselves/was basically one of the top looks of greater sydney who didn't understand his nickname "the hero" was completely sarcastic once came to a DIY we had just finished building and proceeded to skate around at top speed.
We kept like physically blocking him and being like oi stop it's not ready but he had massive headphones on and just thought everyone was like trying to watch him skate and accidentally getting in his way or something.
After maybe ten mins he stops for a second and before we can tell him to fuck off he's instantly like yeah How'd you guys find out about this spot? my friends built it all to which one of our group responds you're not our fucking friend but he didn't understand.
Finally we get him and were like yeah don't skate all the stuff it's not ready and he says something like it's ok I'm pro I can handle it.

This wasn't that Hugo guy was it?
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2023, 04:45:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This wasn't that Hugo guy was it?
ah I don't know any Hugo (altho I guess one of the group could be called Hugo, don't know all their names). Kinda don't want to say his name because apparently he's ok now but for years him and his crew were just the worst. Like think they were putting on a demo everytime they skated a park.

Dong Hanglo

• Rep: 34
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2023, 06:58:48 AM »
Greg Lutzka got a photo wearing a fedora on this rail in my neighborhood. The spot lost all credibility that day.

thebacker

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2023, 07:11:53 AM »
And never paid out any money

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2023, 07:14:14 AM »
I've never lived anywhere near black rock but it's safe to say that the GX guys blew that out.

mareo

• Rep: -342
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2023, 07:41:38 AM »
I ruined Pulaski by not bringing beer and pizza to the locals, but I'm not pro tho

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2023, 11:45:07 AM »
I ruined Pulaski by not bringing beer and pizza to the locals, but I'm not pro tho

I've skated pulasksi a bazillion times and never once seen someone bring beer and pizza to the locals. It's not burnside, you don't have to pay off the people that live under the bridge, you just have to be sensible and not a asshole.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1058
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2023, 01:29:08 PM »
Elijah Berle put a bike lock on my local park flatbar until his insta edit dropped

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2211
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2023, 02:25:37 PM »
Mike V was at my local and didn't recite any poetry there

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2023, 02:53:17 PM »
Mike V was at my local and didn't recite any poetry there

Damn that sucks. A session without listening to Mike v’s poetry is like eating a hot dog without a bun.

I especially like his most feted and known poem, “A Treatise on Physical Harmony,” which goes as follows:

Roses are red
Your eye’s black and blue
Your urine is crimson
I beat the shit outta you

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2023, 02:56:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've skated pulasksi a bazillion times and never once seen someone bring beer and pizza to the locals. It's not burnside, you don't have to pay off the people that live under the bridge, you just have to be sensible and not a asshole.

Yeah I feel like the whole pizza and beer thing was something that people took way too literally
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 03:43:37 PM by pizzafliptofakie »

deathturd

• Rep: 88
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2023, 03:18:13 PM »
The amount of unnecessary bondo jobs pros have been doing in my state is getting out of hand.

HiResDes

• Rep: -39
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2023, 03:35:06 PM »
we had a spot w/ smooth ground until Gershon fell doing flatground and the sweatstain outline hasn't evaporated yet. it's now a water gap known as Great Salt Lake and woe to any who falls in there.

switchfrontshuv

• Rep: 48
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2023, 03:45:37 PM »
Tompkins gets ruined like that often, skating it empty is a whole different experience

not ruined by Eli Reed tho, he's really really chill

greenbeans

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2023, 06:31:23 PM »
Idk if this counts but Nike SB team came to my hometown and after street skating this one spot, forgot which but I will see if I can find it, the owner of the property was pissed for all the marks but they went back to paint it.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2023, 06:49:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've skated Burnside plenty of times and you don't even have to do it there

CurbyPuckit

• Rep: -39
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2023, 07:08:25 PM »
Tompkins gets ruined like that often, skating it empty is a whole different experience

not ruined by Eli Reed tho, he's really really chill

I went and skated flat at Tompkins when I was in NY for work, and Eli was there and was so nice.  My trucks had some serious jiggle so I skated over to some mystical figure sitting on a bench and digging in his backpack.  He looked up and it was Eli Reed…I was shocked.  He was cool as hell though and gladly lent his skatetool and made small talk.

Fully back his weird ass dance shit he’s got going on these days
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 09:41:36 PM by CurbyPuckit »

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 826
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2023, 08:12:37 PM »
Markovich ruined one of my favorite local indoor parks with his shitty art all over the walls…

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1933
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2023, 08:24:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
And never paid out any money

What's the story on this?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2023, 10:41:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah I feel like the whole pizza and beer thing was something that people took way too literally

When you're laying in bed at night, replaying the highlight reel of dumb shit you've said in your life, just remember Slap is still quoting a dumb Worrest joke from 3 years ago.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2023, 01:23:22 AM »
TNT burning down wooden obstacles in a swiss or austrian skatepark while drunk

livin on a speyer

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2023, 02:00:58 AM »
He and some other antihero guys got beaten up for that. Rightfully so.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2023, 04:50:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
He and some other antihero guys got beaten up for that. Rightfully so.

Where did this happen, and when, and who beat up the Antihero guys?
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

IpathCats

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2023, 06:29:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You wont get chased out if you come empty handed or anything, and its not like back in the day where you'd get vibed out of the place. BUT You'll def have a better time if you come bearing gifts.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2023, 06:45:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I've skated Burnside plenty of times and you don't even have to do it there

I was at Burnside back in September and there were numerous parents watching their fully padded 8 year olds learn to skate there.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021