Author Topic: Have pros ever ruined your local spot ?  (Read 8107 times)

TheWineClub

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 41
Re: Have pros ever ruined your local spot ?
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2023, 06:54:05 AM »
A pro once brought pizza and beer to my local and ruined the vibes

skippersoldballs

• Rep: 72
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2023, 06:56:25 AM »
Andy Anderson and Nka are banned from sixside for life after posting stupid vlog bullshit there on YouTube. Mega influx of scooter kids after that one locals were not stoked

livin on a speyer

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2023, 07:04:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
TNT burning down wooden obstacles in a swiss or austrian skatepark while drunk
[close]
He and some other antihero guys got beaten up for that. Rightfully so.
[close]

Where did this happen, and when, and who beat up the Antihero guys?
Trujillos interview where he tells about it.
http://www.caughtinthecrossfire.com/skate/interviews/tony-trujillo/

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2023, 07:06:30 AM »
Jamie Thomas gave the exact coordinates to the Albany pool in a Thrasher. Albany pool was not my local spot but now i know how to get there. Thanks Chief!
That didnt blow it out though he just kookd himself hard. On the other end of the spectrum my friends and I were skating a ledge spot in Brooklyn this summer and DC came through with mad beer and we just stopped skating and ended up drinking a bunch. Does that count ?

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 618
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2023, 07:33:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Wtf is wrong with this dude. How can anybody be this much of an asshole. Fuck him

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2023, 07:41:23 AM »
I can't believe I read that entire shitty interview. What an insufferable clown of a kook.

Here's the story isolated so Easy Slider or any other curious party don't have to subject themselves to any more of this fried bozo's words.

Brixlegg is a big park as well though, that must have been fun…..

Err… well we fucking had a lot of Jim Beam! We brought like 4 or 5 bottles started drinking at 6, hung out at the park, watched some skating, hung out with the locals and we were just all fired up knocking all the tables over, harassing the beer tent, playing dice, losing hundreds of dollars! It’s getting fucking weird. People are scared of us. They wouldn’t even fucking approach us (laughs) because we would yell at every person that would walk by. So we’re like drinking and doing whatever and then we had a fire. We were like let’s start a fire so we go to the street course section and we take all of the banners even though they were on the bracket system it’s on a huge poster and we took it down and we started to burn all this plastic and then we were like, oh it’s the fucking fun box over there, no one was even skating….I didn’t see anyone skate it, so there was a little grind box and I pulled it over the fire and we started to light the wooden skate park on fire which is funny because we were reading a book called Lords of Chaos and it’s all about black metal and shit and they fucking burn churches (laughs) but this is was our version…..we burned wooden skate parks!

So people got all pissed at us because we were burning their shit and they came over with the fire hoses and sprayed it out and we were like oh fuck the party here is over. So we went back to the hotel and it was like 9’o clock and we were like fucking hammered. Some people were blacked out, everyone at the hotel was outside eating dinner it was like 20 tables set up there was a full crowd people were kind of relaxing having a nice dinner and we all went on fire and sat down where ever the fuck there was as open chair, yakking at each other. I don’t know what the hell we were talking about but one of their dudes came up and he was like I’m sick of this shit, got up out of his chair he was sitting about 10 tables away.

It got all quiet, he came over, got in my face, he was like “you disrespect us, you don’t respect what we do here” and I’m like, what the fuck are you talking about man? He was like “you fucking Americans just come over here you scare people you were scaring people all weekend people were timid around you.” We were like fuck man that’s just how we ride man, and he was like, “you don’t respect what we do”. I’m like fuck what you do here, we built this shit, this is Dreamland man, this is American built, this skate park in your shitty arsed town, you should be a lucky man you should feel lucky that shit is there! Don’t fucking talk shit to me about how you think I feel about Austrians or whatever….it was like a real bummer. Then Frank Gewer spoke to some other kids earlier and those guys were pissed about that too. Frank was like “you can suck my mother fucking dick” when everyone was eating and it was quiet. No one said a thing before he said it and he yelled it out and the dude just ran over and choke-held Frankie, dragged him off his table like pulled him away out to the street!

We don’t want to have a fucking fight man, these people are tired, we got nothing to fight for like. I’m not trying to fight but they were getting in our faces and then Omar’s whole team got into it, we were hammered on the Beam we were just hammered you know, what the fuck. It was still light out almost all of them had weed and couldn’t handle it and they were trying to step up but we got our asses kicked!

We left at 7 in the morning to get on the train and we were outside of the hotel and Omar hears us outside and he came out of the hotel to the front of the hotel and getting in my face what you still want some? You think T.A (Tony Alva) knocked your teeth out I’ll knock your fucking teeth back! Do you remember Marseille a few years back?

Yeah…

You remember the Austrian kid fucking cradle fag? I was getting a burger over there and I seen him he was like “what’s up you fucking cradle boy” and he was like “you fucking burned my fun box!” I was like yeah, I did! I thought he was joking like it was alright. He was like “yeah you fucking try that again come down by yourself next time!” I was like what the fuck you got a problem with that? He was like “your fucking team, they don’t skate, they just drink booze and don’t skate so what the fuck”! I’m like, that’s how it is man, don’t think that you know us, what are you judging us on? You don’t really fucking know us…that’s our life! So don’t even bother trying to defend your shit, we are just being ourselves….You know what though, shit happens but we all make up. One night, I had a room with Jake Phelps and in the middle of the night Jake was sleeping on this futon couch thing, then he fucking tips the thing over and falls and hits his head on the light stand and he has a big scar there now!

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2023, 08:03:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

This happened (and Thrasher appears to have scrubbed their video from YouTube). My recollection was that there was a part of the video (maybe it was on Instagram at the time?) which involved Andy Roy and a sex act with the minor depicted in the homemade "BORN TO FUCK" t-shirt, with his dentures in her mouth at 6:00, but do not quote me on that.

And it resulted in this.

They said in Thrasher they “lit it up like Vietnam” and that’s what they did. It was like an attack of coked out gremlins. Those guys sucked. The weekend was great until the black thrasher cloud rolled in. They acted like a bunch of asshole – tough guys with something to prove. Or more like pirates!!! Fires, graffiti, beers tossed into the bowls, trash, girlfriend snatching, fighting my friends, shit talking and just pure disrespect. I will never allow any of those thrasher guys, Antihero, Grant Taylor, etc. back to my place again. They are very unwelcome!!! It’s was like an attack of terrorism. No thank you Thrasher. And your music sucks too!
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

nollieflip

• Rep: -17
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2023, 08:09:28 AM »
yeah, JB Gillet with some other early 2000s Cliché team mates went to a local spot in my city at the wrong hours and shortly after it was made unskatable.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2023, 12:15:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I ruined Pulaski by not bringing beer and pizza to the locals, but I'm not pro tho
[close]

I've skated pulasksi a bazillion times and never once seen someone bring beer and pizza to the locals. It's not burnside, you don't have to pay off the people that live under the bridge, you just have to be sensible and not a asshole.
[close]

I've skated Burnside plenty of times and you don't even have to do it there
[close]

I was at Burnside back in September and there were numerous parents watching their fully padded 8 year olds learn to skate there.

Who? Haha at like 7 in the morning? Lol

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

KGB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2023, 12:32:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Wtf is wrong with this dude. How can anybody be this much of an asshole. Fuck him

Tony “Tool” illo lol

zuma

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2023, 12:53:29 PM »
didn t the anti hero dudes put lsd into drinks at a party there as well... i remember some pretty well known euro skater had a bad trip and mental issues later on

i remember phelps bragging about burning the skatepark down too somwhere

Sid Farkus - Bra Salesman

• Rep: 30
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2023, 01:02:21 PM »
Tompkins gets ruined like that often, skating it empty is a whole different experience

not ruined by Eli Reed tho, he's really really chill
then the dancehall drops
Free Charlie Rambo

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2023, 01:04:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I ruined Pulaski by not bringing beer and pizza to the locals, but I'm not pro tho
[close]

I've skated pulasksi a bazillion times and never once seen someone bring beer and pizza to the locals. It's not burnside, you don't have to pay off the people that live under the bridge, you just have to be sensible and not a asshole.
[close]

[close]

I was at Burnside back in September and there were numerous parents watching their fully padded 8 year olds learn to skate there.
[close]

Mid-afternoon on a beautiful Saturday.

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2023, 01:06:08 PM »
didn t the anti hero dudes put lsd into drinks at a party there as well... i remember some pretty well known euro skater had a bad trip and mental issues later on

Jesus

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2023, 01:17:38 PM »

i remember phelps bragging about burning the skatepark down too somwhere

It's in his bunt interview, he was saying some older dude wouldn't let him and his boys skate his ramp so they burnt it down in the middle of the night. I can't remember who the older dude was but i don't think it was anyone well known.

Grosso took a little jab at him about it in another podcast/interview where he talked about not being allowed to skate someone's ramp and then he said something to the effect of 'but we would never burn a ramp down or anything like that, that just seems sacrilegious'. Something about the halfpipe being a sacred place haha
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2023, 01:23:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Anyone who thinks you have to bring “payment” to skate Burnside has clearly never been there. Reputation aside it’s one of the more welcoming parks I go to and the people there are juiced when a newbie is learning how to handle that place. I grew up at Burnside, you won’t have problems if you don’t cause any.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2023, 01:41:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Anyone who thinks you have to bring “payment” to skate Burnside has clearly never been there. Reputation aside it’s one of the more welcoming parks I go to and the people there are juiced when a newbie is learning how to handle that place. I grew up at Burnside, you won’t have problems if you don’t cause any.

What if you're not a newbie but you're just a regular skater? I had a friend go there by himself and said the locals were pretty unfriendly although there was no heckling or anything. Said it was a 'one at a time' kind of park so everyone would watch you as you skated. I've been there too and it was empty but I was alone and it had been raining and the concrete was a bit slippery in the dark areas so I barely skated.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2023, 02:08:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It’s all way different now, especially after covid. It’s not like the old days where wed go into the city and the cops would impound your board if they caught you skating there .
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2023, 02:18:10 PM »
Thx for filling me in lads. Bummer about the ramps.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2023, 03:53:01 PM »
Didn’t Kerry Getz get the NC courthouse ledges banned after a freak out?

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1223
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2023, 04:26:26 PM »
Didn’t Kerry Getz get the NC courthouse ledges banned after a freak out?
yeah and my friend was the one that broke the rail

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2023, 06:22:51 PM »
One time when I was a kid Chris Cole was trying a trick on a rail at this school that we would regularly skate at.  Some of us were watching him from a seemingly respectful distance when one of his homies yelled at us telling us we were too close for Chris.  We moved to the other side of the street and started a “fuck Chris Cole” chant.  There were no winners in this situation but the story brings a smile to my face.

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2023, 06:43:48 PM »
Salba tagged an empty pool in my old neighborhood. I think it was in an abandoned motel, so no big deal, just seemed like a dick move to get an already sketchy spot shut down.

thebacker

« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2023, 06:46:27 PM »
One time when I was a kid Chris Cole was trying a trick on a rail at this school that we would regularly skate at.  Some of us were watching him from a seemingly respectful distance when one of his homies yelled at us telling us we were too close for Chris.  We moved to the other side of the street and started a “fuck Chris Cole” chant.  There were no winners in this situation but the story brings a smile to my face.

hahahahahahah what the hell

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2023, 06:55:18 PM »
Funny how people would get shot at Lockwood and nothing happened.  Talking to you Chuck Wampler

wheelchair skitch

• Rep: -19
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2023, 02:23:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah I feel like the whole pizza and beer thing was something that people took way too literally
[close]

You wont get chased out if you come empty handed or anything, and its not like back in the day where you'd get vibed out of the place. BUT You'll def have a better time if you come bearing gifts.

This is the weirdest "out of towners" tribal mentality I've heard of in skating... It's a public park, nobody spent any money or time to make pulaski skateable. When DC skaters travel, are you showing up to eggs, pier 7 or macba with a 30 pack and donuts for the "locals"?

That being said, I've skated pulaski many times, I've waxed the ledges, filmed lines and never encountered this vibe at all, everyone's been friendly
BE LIKE WATER

Dirty Douggie

• Rep: 11
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2023, 04:04:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Woah, TNT and Frank sound like real pieces of shit.
Side story to that trip :
In Sugar magazine, french skateboarder Max Genin told how Frank gave him the end of a beer during the Bowlrider contest and an hour after or so Max (16 at the time) started to experience acid effects and he went MIA for 24h. He came back to his senses as he was wandering by himself in Marseille... He also suffered occasionnally from resurgences of these effects many months after the event.

That's how you become a legend in skateboarding apparently...

KGB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2023, 05:22:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah I feel like the whole pizza and beer thing was something that people took way too literally
[close]

You wont get chased out if you come empty handed or anything, and its not like back in the day where you'd get vibed out of the place. BUT You'll def have a better time if you come bearing gifts.
[close]

This is the weirdest "out of towners" tribal mentality I've heard of in skating... It's a public park, nobody spent any money or time to make pulaski skateable. When DC skaters travel, are you showing up to eggs, pier 7 or macba with a 30 pack and donuts for the "locals"?

That being said, I've skated pulaski many times, I've waxed the ledges, filmed lines and never encountered this vibe at all, everyone's been friendly

Exactly. Only time I’ve seen someone get vibed was a crazy bum talking trash that got swarmed and beaten by 10 or so people swinging boards…

KGB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2023, 05:27:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

If it was a beautiful day in Portland people were pro probably skating elsewhere. I’d say you got lucky going there on a weekend without encountering a billion people skating the curb in the road while 3 people skate the park

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2023, 05:36:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

What if you're not a newbie but you're just a regular skater? I had a friend go there by himself and said the locals were pretty unfriendly although there was no heckling or anything. Said it was a 'one at a time' kind of park so everyone would watch you as you skated. I've been there too and it was empty but I was alone and it had been raining and the concrete was a bit slippery in the dark areas so I barely skated.

I'm just some schmuck who rolled in from nowhere and I was like "Hey guys, I'm here to skate Burnside!" and everyone was super friendly. I just do my usual kill 'em with kindness thing and cheerily assume everyone is interested in being friends and then no one vibes me. This attitude works lots of places, and makes it easy to get along with people.