Author Topic: 2023 Skate/Trend Predictions  (Read 20075 times)

sle_epy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -94
Re: 2023 Skate/Trend Predictions
« Reply #210 on: January 20, 2023, 09:56:50 AM »
Some man-made horror beyond comprehension type scandal done e.g. Berra running a slave labor/ sex ring with the berrics as a front while blackmailing other skaters so they don't snitch. Berrics being basically Epstein island for skaters.
2022 didn't left me much hope for a better 2023, sorry

Brothel at the berrics
eau de toilette: Sk8IQ by Sle_epy

Heshrat

• Rep: -11
« Reply #211 on: January 20, 2023, 10:25:48 PM »
Definitely back the punk style making a comeback in skating in 2023.
I did your mom

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 84
« Reply #212 on: January 20, 2023, 10:56:51 PM »

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #213 on: January 21, 2023, 08:00:02 AM »
Earthy toned clothing and gum sole shoes.

More fun shaped boards that are functional for street

Bay Area rap in skate videos

Fila starts skate line with team of ogs with Italian names like Mariano and Gino
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1193
« Reply #214 on: January 21, 2023, 08:04:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Some man-made horror beyond comprehension type scandal done e.g. Berra running a slave labor/ sex ring with the berrics as a front while blackmailing other skaters so they don't snitch. Berrics being basically Epstein island for skaters.
2022 didn't left me much hope for a better 2023, sorry
[close]

Brothel at the berrics

On the bright side, we’d have shit to talk about for months and months.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Gunot

• Rep: 10
« Reply #215 on: January 21, 2023, 08:14:29 AM »
Way more diversity.

LGBTQI+, people with funny haircuts in various colors, broken teeth, ironic shirts, armpit hair on all genders, slimmer jeans but with the funny prints and patches that baggy pants have now, flat and curb skating becoming more popular because gen-z is not into taking risks.
Digital detox: less importance of followers but more importance of street cred!

Magnolia

• Rep: 441
  • She/They
« Reply #216 on: January 21, 2023, 08:20:28 AM »
Way more diversity.

LGBTQI+, people with funny haircuts in various colors, broken teeth, ironic shirts, armpit hair on all genders, slimmer jeans but with the funny prints and patches that baggy pants have now, flat and curb skating becoming more popular because gen-z is not into taking risks.
Digital detox: less importance of followers but more importance of street cred!

The Venn diagram of these two is a circle
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #217 on: January 21, 2023, 09:37:57 AM »
ASICS skateboarding/ ASICS in general

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #218 on: January 21, 2023, 10:34:41 AM »
nah, i have a feeling asics is going to flop hard

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #219 on: January 21, 2023, 11:06:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
nah, i have a feeling asics is going to flop hard

They’re coming into skateboarding right at the moment when it seems like there are way too many brands, too many pros, and the market is about to undergo a huge correction.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #220 on: January 21, 2023, 11:27:42 AM »
ASICS bout to be trending hard in fashion... We will see how they far in sk8...

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #221 on: January 21, 2023, 12:08:52 PM »
Berra goes to Chicago
Jub comes to town
Richard King SOTY 23

borats cat

• Rep: -20
« Reply #222 on: January 21, 2023, 12:26:00 PM »
after a flippant comment or caption, fat bill strobeck starts to become known as 'wild bill'. initially reluctant, wild bill leans into it.
southie makes a comeback at some gimmicky 'where are they now?' batb and steals the show. gives berra a wedgie and dunks koston's head in a toilet. argument ensues whether it was natural or scripted.
old thrasher videos are posthumously canceled for playing jungle drums whenever panama dan appears onscreen.
mike v makes it about himself,whatever 'it' is.
dave carnie suffers a mild heart attack.

JamesFardy

• Rep: 65
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
« Reply #223 on: January 21, 2023, 12:29:15 PM »
More clips of people looking back at an obstacle and flicking it off like Matt Mumford. But on like just a tailslide on a bench.

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #224 on: January 21, 2023, 01:36:59 PM »
More clips of people looking back at an obstacle and flicking it off like Matt Mumford. But on like just a tailslide on a bench.

Lmao
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

OneMore

• Rep: -3
« Reply #225 on: January 21, 2023, 01:39:54 PM »
Earthy toned clothing and gum sole shoes.

More fun shaped boards that are functional for street

Bay Area rap in skate videos

Fila starts skate line with team of ogs with Italian names like Mariano and Gino

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #226 on: January 21, 2023, 02:55:38 PM »
Improved dental hygiene amongst the skateboarding community, more videos being shot in 4K / HD in general and having visible gum disease is not a good look if you’re trying to get on Supreme

ejazzle

• Rep: 78
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #227 on: January 23, 2023, 09:11:12 AM »
boards are shrinking again

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #228 on: January 30, 2023, 08:44:40 AM »
I think more pro skaters are gonna get into YouTube which will result in the current YouTube skate community complaining about "their" space getting saturated by the industry. I'm already seeing more established pros with their own channels and content, and for the most part their content comes off as way more genuine than the vlogger types.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #229 on: January 30, 2023, 08:51:56 AM »
I think more pro skaters are gonna get into YouTube which will result in the current YouTube skate community complaining about "their" space getting saturated by the industry. I'm already seeing more established pros with their own channels and content, and for the most part their content comes off as way more genuine than the vlogger types.

Similarly, the line between influencer and skateboarder was continue to vanish.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #230 on: January 30, 2023, 09:03:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Was thinking about this the other day after watching what Tom astas been doing and I think it's gonna be like a race to start channels and get a following before there's too many. There's just not enough variety of skateboarding related content to go around for how many skateboarders there are.

Also went thru a mini rabbit hole of non skate related youtubers and there's def different levels and all but the top is pretty gross. Could def see basically all the same shit just with skateboarders

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #231 on: January 30, 2023, 09:15:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Was thinking about this the other day after watching what Tom astas been doing and I think it's gonna be like a race to start channels and get a following before there's too many. There's just not enough variety of skateboarding related content to go around for how many skateboarders there are.

Also went thru a mini rabbit hole of non skate related youtubers and there's def different levels and all but the top is pretty gross. Could def see basically all the same shit just with skateboarders

Tom's channel is what inspired this post, but I also keep seeing P-Rod post on his channel and earlier today I got recommended an edit on Frankie Villani's channel.

I've only watched a couple of Tom's videos but I honestly kinda like them. He seems like a nice guy without all the pseudo-positivity you see among the other vlogger types.  There's no clickbait or corny themes, just good skating and talking about good skating.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #232 on: January 30, 2023, 09:20:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Zuckerberg lays awake at night fantasizing about the kind of growth YouTube is seeing year-over-year - roughly a consistent 30%. Revenue for YouTube grew by $10b from '19-20. The Super Bowl will be broadcast on YouTube this year. It's sort of impossible to overstate how popular and important YouTube is.

It's definitely something of a land grab, especially as Facebook shrinks, Instagram plateaus, and Twitter circles the drain. There's TikTok, but also the constant looming threat that the government could just shut Americans out of the platform entirely. Skateboarding occupies every crevice of our minds, but it's actually incredibly niche and yeah, there's just not going to be all that much room for it on a platform like YouTube in the future.

Wax Sniffer

• Rep: -311
« Reply #233 on: February 03, 2023, 10:45:48 AM »
The "wider board than truck" combo is going to become vogue. It'll be a net positive as flip tricks will feel/appear crisper and we'll be subject to less droopy-ass crossed-locked 50/50's in vids. Besides, Ishod already ok'd it. Magic carpet's are back.

Terminal

« Reply #234 on: February 07, 2023, 12:16:49 AM »
Penny's form will continue to improve
Berra's will not
My prediction true so far, anyone see Penny's new short? So cool to see him on the up with his board. Half-cab kicky was tidy, actually all of it was tidy...

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #235 on: February 07, 2023, 04:11:16 AM »
Bell bottoms apparently

Richard Skidder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 460
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #236 on: February 07, 2023, 04:24:09 AM »
Tight trucks/ magic carpet combo

boston_bruins

« Reply #237 on: February 07, 2023, 10:18:29 PM »
69mm wheels, 420mm wheelbase

FrenchSkater

• Rep: 28
« Reply #238 on: February 08, 2023, 02:19:08 AM »
Maybe the return of the 7.5 / 7.75 era ?  ;D

Surely a dream .. do you think it will come back one day ?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #239 on: February 08, 2023, 02:26:53 AM »
Maybe the return of the 7.5 / 7.75 era ?  ;D

Surely a dream .. do you think it will come back one day ?
I think it currently is back even tho it's not a huge range there's more boards that size available now than a couple years ago. On one hand as skateparks get bigger and more varied designs they may be seen as less useful as the old days when people had a small shitty prefab park or one spot in town that was a ledge or Manny pad.
Other hand with skateboarding becoming more and more popular with younger children I can see companies upping production of smaller size boards.