Author Topic: Nollie tre flips on lock, but I can't regular tre?  (Read 841 times)

Daewons front truck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 30
Nollie tre flips on lock, but I can't regular tre?
« on: January 06, 2023, 04:39:18 PM »
I've finally started skating again after years of knee surgery and recovery so needless to say it feels great to get on a board. I can't jump down big stair sets like I use to but there is quite a bit I can still do. Anyway,  for some reason I have got nollie tre flips on lock but I suck at regular tre flips and only land them once out of every ten times. Does anyone else have this issue or am I just cursed with this alone. Also it's my first post some I am happy to be hear in this community.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
Re: Nollie tre flips on lock, but I can't regular tre?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2023, 03:38:40 AM »
I've finally started skating again after years of knee surgery and recovery so needless to say it feels great to get on a board. I can't jump down big stair sets like I use to but there is quite a bit I can still do. Anyway,  for some reason I have got nollie tre flips on lock but I suck at regular tre flips and only land them once out of every ten times. Does anyone else have this issue or am I just cursed with this alone. Also it's my first post some I am happy to be hear in this community.

Don‘t fret, I can‘t do either. Enjoy your nollie tres and one out of ten regular tres. Welcome to the forums!
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2023, 05:41:48 AM »
What about fakie and switch?
Fakie/nollie is much easier than regular/switch.

Daewons front truck

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2023, 05:14:28 PM »
What about fakie and switch?
Fakie/nollie is much easier than regular/switch.

Fakies for me are shit like my regulars. I'm ok at fakie big flips for some reason though. As for switch,  I got those as well, but I use the nose for switch tres. I like boards with big shovel noses.  I can do both regular and fakie varial flips though

Skatebeard

• Rep: 129
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2023, 06:45:14 AM »
i can fakie bigflip but can't fakie tre to save my life, i'd be stoked on having nollie tres.

Be thankful for having that one in the bag!

Daewons front truck

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2023, 05:30:19 PM »
i can fakie bigflip but can't fakie tre to save my life, i'd be stoked on having nollie tres.

Be thankful for having that one in the bag!

Oh yeah, I definitely am, it's just crazy. Everyone around me knows that and gets a letter on me

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 121
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2023, 06:42:45 AM »

I feel you my man. I can nollie tre/switch tre very well but my regular tre flips continue to evade me for 20+ years. I stopped caring honestly and focus the bit of energy I have left on other challenges/new tricks. Hope your knee recovers fully.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2023, 08:12:42 AM »
I learned them fakie first, then nollie before landing a regular tre. Then I was 32 before I landed a switch tre. Keep trying.

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2023, 01:12:10 PM »
i can nollie flip and switch flip pretty good but my regular kickflips are trash

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2023, 01:44:28 PM »
wow, if you can do switch tres who cares. switch tre is the one flip I've never done. not to say i can do everything every try but they're all doable except switch tre.
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2023, 03:59:51 PM »
It’s funny because you never know when you will unlock them. I was three or four shots deep into some Jim beam when I rolled away from my first. Almost bolts and not a complete stop. You don’t forget a moment like that.

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2023, 09:38:48 PM »
looking forward to it!
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2023, 01:53:49 PM »
I'm in the same boat. I can do a solid nollie tre but my regular tre flip leaves much to be desired. The biggest problem with my regular tre flip is that I struggle to keep my shoulders parallel to my board when I pop. My shoulders always want to turn and face towards the nose of my board. I spent my last session training my shoulders to stay parallel to my board on tre flips and I did a handful of really solid ones.

But ultimately, it depends on which part of the tre flip that you're struggling with.

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 300
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2023, 12:21:17 PM »
i can nollie flip and switch flip pretty good but my regular kickflips are trash
lol this is me. rolled my front ankle so many times that kickflips just never feel right. i do get some that satisfy me but i can straight up roll out of bed and land solid nollie/switch flips.

for tre flips, i pretty much do 95% of the trick with just my backfoot. not sure if that will help your case. i can also do nollie tres, but they basically do a lego roll on the ground. not sure how to get more lift while still executing the full rotation/flip of the nollie tre yet

LebowskisRug

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2023, 01:18:02 PM »
I'm the opposite. I have no functional ligaments on my popping ankle so I can't articulate it to switch flick. To compensate I've spent the better part of a year maddeningly perfecting my kickflips, fakie flips, and 360 flips to the best of my meager abilities.

switchfrontshuv

• Rep: 47
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2023, 11:32:36 AM »
Fuck, nollie tre always eluded me. Ive landed about 3 good ones in my life (all ghost pop)

Ive been practicing really violent and high nollie shuvs I think I'm getting somewhere