Author Topic: What budget vid camera to buy just for shitty Instagram videos  (Read 617 times)

Dolphinpony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -8
  • i do not agree for slap magazine to selll my info
What budget vid camera to buy just for shitty Instagram videos
« on: January 09, 2023, 05:15:36 AM »
I suck at skateboarding and not going anywhere with it but I still want to film my stupid clips and put it to my stupid Instagram bc I'm 35 and never picked up any other hobbies and never even got great at the one I was dedicated too so I just want to have my little clips for me to see and my mom to look at (she tells me im very talented) bC it's my only social media and I live across the country from her

I typically hate gopro footage but maybe that is my best bet idk.
i do not agree for slap magazine to sell my person information to facebook or mark zuccerberg this is legally binding

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
Re: What budget vid camera to buy just for shitty Instagram videos
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 07:43:18 AM »
Probably best to just use your phone. It'll save you money and the cameras are actually good.

69woodpusher69

• Rep: 3
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 08:13:39 AM »
your phone probably has a better camera than any camera under $1k

Dolphinpony

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2023, 03:58:50 PM »
Probably best to just use your phone. It'll save you money and the cameras are actually good.
i am an electrician and my phone gets all busted up bc all my calculators are on it so i dont have a good smartphone bc i need like 1 every year so i buy the shittier androids
i do not agree for slap magazine to sell my person information to facebook or mark zuccerberg this is legally binding

Jordan Wiens

• Rep: 48
  • @wardenjeans
    • portfolio avatar image
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2023, 08:38:12 PM »
do you need it to have a zoom rocker? fisheye?
youtube.com/wardenjeans
twitch.tv/wardenjeans

Dolphinpony

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2023, 09:35:26 AM »
do you need it to have a zoom rocker? fisheye?

I'll be by myself and just hoping to set it up on a tripod. If I'm able to do like zooms in editing that would be cool but not necessarily. But just a static tripod setup is what I'd go with probably

OnSlapAtWork

• Rep: 16
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2023, 12:38:24 PM »
I've been using the Sony AX700 with an MK1 recently to film more casual stuff and it's a really nice camera for size and price.  It has the zoom rocker, which is nice if you are filming others, or you could try filming in 4K which might allow for zoom in post production.

You could try looking at the Sony AX100 on ebay, which seems to be a bit cheaper.  I'm not entirely sure what the difference is between the AX100 and 700, but I think it's still a good quality camera.

You could also look at a used HVX or HPX on eBay, it seems like they are less than $1K now.

Keep in mind, you will probably need editing software and a laptop to get videos from camera -> computer -> instagram.

Dolphinpony

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2023, 06:05:19 PM »
I've been using the Sony AX700 with an MK1 recently to film more casual stuff and it's a really nice camera for size and price.  It has the zoom rocker, which is nice if you are filming others, or you could try filming in 4K which might allow for zoom in post production.

You could try looking at the Sony AX100 on ebay, which seems to be a bit cheaper.  I'm not entirely sure what the difference is between the AX100 and 700, but I think it's still a good quality camera.

You could also look at a used HVX or HPX on eBay, it seems like they are less than $1K now.

Keep in mind, you will probably need editing software and a laptop to get videos from camera -> computer -> instagram.

Hey man this was great 👍 I appreciate the help
And yeah I got my epic pc gamers rig

bataaard

• Rep: 40
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2023, 03:38:44 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Hey man this was great 👍 I appreciate the help
And yeah I got my epic pc gamers rig

if you need to go cheap, and its for the gram, you don't need an ax700 or ax100. an ax43 should do the job

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2023, 04:07:07 AM »
Probably cheapest to buy a cheap android phone only for filming. The ones that are super cheap because they give all your data to the chinese government, like xiaomi.

Even stupid cheap phones have great cameras now

Jordan Wiens

• Rep: 48
  • @wardenjeans
    • portfolio avatar image
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2023, 08:22:43 PM »
https://www.adorama.com/us1629741.html

this seems like a great deal. adorama and b&h always have great used deals
youtube.com/wardenjeans
twitch.tv/wardenjeans