Author Topic: Game of s.k.a.t.e KO/ Secret move?  (Read 1266 times)

Daewons front truck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 30
Game of s.k.a.t.e KO/ Secret move?
« on: January 09, 2023, 05:41:02 PM »
I was just curious about seeing if anybody has a trick that is easy for you that not a lot of people in your area  can do in a game of skate? For example, I have noticed that  these tricks of mine lead to a letter more often than not.

Hospital Flip
Fakie Varial Heel
Pop shuvit rewind
Switch FS 360 shuvit. (My favorite.)

I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys have.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 129
Re: Game of s.k.a.t.e KO/ Secret move?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2023, 06:40:21 AM »
Heel or fakie heel body varial (FS body rotation, so not a disco flip).
Switch BS pop shuv body varial (a personal favourite KO as literally nobody bothered learning these)
Nollie 360 pop shuv
Nollie BS or FS 360 popped
Various other pop shuv body varials in all stances

Some of those pretty illegal but come in handy, managed to get a certain youtube skater all the way to SKAT before xmas. I usually get rinsed on tre flips and nollie/switch flip tricks.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2023, 06:45:53 AM »
fakie double flip
double heel
rick flip (fakie big heel)
ONTARIO CANADA

Skatebeard

• Rep: 129
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2023, 06:49:45 AM »
double heel

The one single trick I had in my early 20s which I haven't been able to get back since i started skating again... need a 7.5 setup lol.

Pbn_jake

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2023, 10:50:48 AM »
Honestly most pop shove its outside of the regular one. Catching people lacking on 180s is nice too

Daewons front truck

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2023, 05:34:43 PM »
Honestly most pop shove its outside of the regular one. Catching people lacking on 180s is nice too

Yeah,  full cabs and nollie 360s usually are one I'll sometimes catch someone on. I've had someone the other day get me on a switch bs 180. I was madder then hell

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2023, 08:46:37 PM »
Hate that I've got all the dorkus malorkus shit on lock and any regular good trick I don't do for a week I basically lose
All shove reverts, shove body varials
Little spins/Lotti spins (you go 360 board goes 180)
Bunch of hospital and Casper flips best being frontside halfcab with a Casper

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2023, 01:42:16 AM »
Bunch of groms at my work can’t ollie north, and I love that trick

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2023, 07:07:04 AM »
Fakie fs bigspins has always worked. I used to do fakie fs 360 shove without pop too. Nollie bigflips.
I've done nollie flip bs body varial a couple of times.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2023, 07:11:53 AM »
nollie bs shuv body varial, fakie shuv body varial, varial flip body varial, fakie varial flip body varial, nollie bs shuv revert, almost guaranteed 5 easy letters but nobody will want to play skate with you after that
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

crob legs

• Rep: -8
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2023, 07:16:22 AM »
i usually play with honor but i can bang switch ollie body varials or fakie flip body varials. what else, nollie big flips aren't as hard as they sound. fakie inward heels even though i don't practice them often. even nollie varial flip is out of most people's wheelhouse.

Daewons front truck

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2023, 01:25:28 PM »
i usually play with honor but i can bang switch ollie body varials or fakie flip body varials. what else, nollie big flips aren't as hard as they sound. fakie inward heels even though i don't practice them often. even nollie varial flip is out of most people's wheelhouse.

Man, I haven't been able to get inward heels (any stance) back since my first surgery three years ago.  I've only been back skating for a few months so there was a ton  of down time without skateboarding. I'm 30 now, I think my inward flipping days are behind me sadly :/

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2023, 02:02:18 PM »
Fakie fs bigspins has always worked. I used to do fakie fs 360 shove without pop too. Nollie bigflips.
I've done nollie flip bs body varial a couple of times.

Fakie fs bigspin is op

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2023, 02:44:57 PM »
damn some of you need to go to jail

Logic

• Rep: 35
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2023, 02:55:17 PM »
Used to be able to whip out fakie laser flips and fakie 360 front shoves, both would virtually guarantee a letter. I would typically get wrecked though if I was against someone that could do nollie/switch flips.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2023, 07:14:05 AM »
Not going to lie, something I feel guilty for having done once or twice before, always 'against' a very insistent and ego driven skatepark kid (in my defense, they really had to be the caricature), was give them a simple stare at the beginning of the game and just announce 'I'm going to give you all of SKATE in a row and yet never pop my tail', then proceed to do just that because I have a gazillion of pseudo-tricks where you don't pop. Otherwise I'm the boring dude who goes through all the 180's, then pop shoves, then kickflips. I'll also adjust to the other skater's repertoire like it's a rehearsal and I'm not trying to fuck it up. Just if they give up on etiquette first and start doing weird shit I'll give them some of mine.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 07:37:53 AM by silhouette »

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2023, 10:17:49 AM »
When you play against your friends, for sure try to avoid doing tricks you now they can’t do.
It’s much more fun to do tricks they atleast can try.
But as far as secret weapons go, switch inward heelflip is a pretty solid letter-getter.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2023, 11:59:58 AM »
I used to catch people on nollie bigspin heels a lot. My other secret weapon was the cab bigspin. I landed the first one I ever tried and had it on lock for a long time. I try to have some etiquette while playing and only do the whacky tricks once we’re deep in a game and it doesn’t appear to be going anywhere. Playing multiple games in a row with no repeat tricks is usually a fun time
fuck you bama

Pbn_jake

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2023, 06:18:56 PM »
Back before the berrics and No comply hype, the bs 360 no comply would get a good amount of letters. Still can’t step down like ray barbee tho

FrenchSkater

• Rep: 28
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2023, 03:15:39 AM »
Fakie frontside big spin, switch big spin front and pressure flip ahaha

switchfakie

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2023, 07:19:43 PM »
fakie front big + ollie north + switch back 1

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2023, 08:06:42 PM »
Fs 360 heelflips just work for some reason. I can barely front 360, but if I spin it with a heelflip it's easy. Never seen anybody do it besides myself.
Also, it seems like most people can't do regular fs bigspins. That's my favorite trick.

If it's going really bad or my opponent did something highly illegal: Nollie hospital flip. Easiest trick ever.

Other terrible tricks: hardflip revert, all the late flips, fakie inward heel 180.

Not me, but a kid at my local can do ollie fs 360 bodyvarials. I'll probably never get that one. Doesn't even make sense

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2023, 02:47:23 AM »
shove it body varial
nollie shove it body varial

Most have never done these tricks, because - well-  they are ugly! Unfortunately, because they are also super easy some will do them first try.

less embarissing "finishing moves" I will do:
fakie heelflip
switch one foot ollie
fakie frontside heelflip

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2023, 03:09:32 AM »
Fs 360 heelflips just work for some reason. I can barely front 360, but if I spin it with a heelflip it's easy. Never seen anybody do it besides myself.
Also, it seems like most people can't do regular fs bigspins. That's my favorite trick.

If it's going really bad or my opponent did something highly illegal: Nollie hospital flip. Easiest trick ever.

Other terrible tricks: hardflip revert, all the late flips, fakie inward heel 180.

Not me, but a kid at my local can do ollie fs 360 bodyvarials. I'll probably never get that one. Doesn't even make sense

That you can do frontside 360 heelflips easily is pretty inspiring, I'm not sure I ever seriously even tried that trick but now that you're saying that I kind of want to. Only ever done a few switch ones, mostly on banks where they are easier since rolling away from those on flat is super weird. A long time ago I had good backside heelflips and could choose to either revert them back to get shifty heelflips or keep going around and revert into backside 360 heelflip, those days are long gone though and frontside looks better anyway, somehow I instantly think PJ when those get brought up.

I also love regular frontside bigspins, so fun to just scoop around, people do sleep on that trick which is also part of what makes it so good. The nollie hospital thing I know exactly what you're talking about and it's as easy as it is mean. Pretty much a nollie pop shove-it with extra toe flair, only learned that one by accident when trying to figure out nollie hardflips, the board would keep sticking to my foot. Easy to throw a late flip in there too. But maybe learning how to do it the proper casper, Ed Templeton way could be stupidly interesting.

360 body varial I've heard a story before about some local skatepark kid who would do those out of nosewheelie, imagine that.

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -291
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2023, 10:07:53 AM »
Having the straight eight dialed