Author Topic: Cringiest Thing You’ve Ever Done in Skating  (Read 11195 times)

thebacker

Re: Cringiest Thing You’ve Ever Done in Skating
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2023, 05:31:43 AM »
joined slap

360analflip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
  • fat curb skater
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2023, 05:36:43 AM »
Spam no-comply, And crack a pair of ventures in 9 months from doing nothing but slappys after breaking my ankle.
live, laugh, love

SwitchNollieHeel

• Rep: -6
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2023, 05:39:46 AM »
For Satan, always.

In middle school there was a solid two weeks after baker has a deathwish came out where me and my friend would ironically say “green room or die” or “for satan” before trying tricks, we acted like it was a joke but deep down we loved it.

sle_epy

• Rep: -94
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2023, 05:54:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Shoestring belts.
[close]

i still do this, i tried an actual belt and it rips into your hip when to try to pop your board

They're the best belts imho.
eau de toilette: Sk8IQ by Sle_epy

JamesFardy

• Rep: 66
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2023, 05:58:01 AM »
Ditched my best friend at the mall to drive 3 hours to  Boom Boom Huck Jam. Only for t-hawk to not be there. What’s crazy is everything in my life sort of went downhill from there.

El Freegano

• Rep: 217
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2023, 07:03:36 AM »
I used to be quite noisy and have acted like a fool so i could attract attention and impress others. a fucking dumbass i was, and probbaly still am at times.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2023, 07:09:40 AM »
i do backside willy grinds to fakie rn

GrailleArmy

• Rep: 3
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2023, 07:10:13 AM »
Bad fits

Yakusoku2

• Rep: 44
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2023, 07:44:53 AM »
During one of my first days skating I learnt a kind of fakie FS shove it body varial without rolling. I had no idea about trick names so I called it sex change because I remembered that name from the Tony Hawk game. I was telling people I can do sex changes as a 13 years old...

My first time going to a skatepark I was trying ghetto birds on a quarter pipe just like Kareem Campbell. The funny thing is the board was spinning like a nollie 360 shove it and I was landing with one foot. Some other skaters were encouraging me and it felt like a dream because I looked more skilled than I was. I didn't know how to ollie.

Jewel Runner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2023, 07:46:32 AM »
When I was somewhere around the age of 12–15 me and my friends would litter the park and even threw cinder blocks into the bowl, but then we heard some older skater who had gotten out of jail recently was pissed off and looking to beat us up so we were pretty deterred after that and stopped.

OMG HAHAHAHAHAHA

pretend you got gnarred

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2023, 07:55:47 AM »
I thought of something

Back in the '80s some big kids convinced me that if we broke my roskop that my dad would buy me a new board

I have no idea why I listen to them.

We took the board to Fort Seawall. And dropped boulders 30-40' on to the board.

All that happened was I got massive dents. Watson was incredible

I got a new board with my own money but my dad refused to switch the trucks. I can picture him telling me to figure it out myself.

I didn't and later that year I got caught stealing bubble gum. I got grounded for a whole summer and he beat my ass and the back of my knees with the Paint stirring Stuck. Then he took my boards and cut them in half with a saw under my bedroom as I first attempted suicide with a belt.

I was like 10. My brother caught me who was 9. My dad came in and thrithe two halves of my new McGill on the floor of the room. Don't remember if I got whipped with the stick more that day. Probably.

End of the summer he's like tricked you! Here's your old roscopp back you little punk fuck skate homo

https://auralbutcheryers.bandcamp.com/track/dttbomn

This song is about all the ptsd trauma dreams of beatings across the back of my knees.

"Don't touch the back of my knees
I had a dream once when I was a child "

"THUNDAR the Barbarian '
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 08:04:29 AM by Uncle Flea »
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

dropintopileout

• Rep: -39
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2023, 08:06:48 AM »
I thought of something

Back in the '80s some big kids convinced me that if we broke my roskop that my dad would buy me a new board

I got a new board with my own money but my dad refused to switch the trucks. I can picture him telling me to figure it out myself.

I didn't and later that year I got caught stealing bubble gum. I got grounded for a whole summer and he beat my ass and the back of my knees with the Paint stirring Stuck. Then he took my boards and cut them in half with a saw under my bedroom as I first attempted suicide with a belt.

I was like 10. My brother caught me who was 9. My dad came in and thrithe two halves of my new McGill on the floor of the room. Don't remember if I got whipped with the stick more that day. Probably.

End of the summer he's like tricked you! Here's your old roscopp back you little punk fuck skate homo

This song is about all the ptsd trauma dreams of beatings across the back of my knees.

"THUNDAR the Barbarian '

Everytime I read your shit I get contact cracked out

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2023, 08:08:56 AM »
When I was a freshman in college I lived on campus and all the kids would skate to class. Penny boards and longboards mostly but there was a few skateboard. 90% of these kids looked like it was their first time ever stepping on a board. Besides me it seemed there was only like 3 people who actually skated at the school so I felt too cool. Doing sw 180s and kickflips all the way to class. I would go so fast weaving through crowds, and power sliding last second to stop myself from slamming in to people. Thought I was so cool. One day I was doing that on my way back from class. There was a huge hole in the pavement right in front front of the gym that I had pass. I was too busy avoiding people and going too fast. By the time I saw the hole, I had no time to avoid and had to try to ride through it. Of course it didn’t work and I got pitched to my face. Sunglasses went flying and all. There’s a giant window that runs along the entire length of the gym so everybody in there saw me. Plus the other 200 kids in the area walking down that street.

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 108
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2023, 08:12:53 AM »
When I was a freshman in college I lived on campus and all the kids would skate to class. Penny boards and longboards mostly but there was a few skateboard. 90% of these kids looked like it was their first time ever stepping on a board. Besides me it seemed there was only like 3 people who actually skated at the school so I felt too cool. Doing tre flips, sw 180s and kickflips on the way to class. I would go so fast weaving through crowds, and power sliding last second to stop myself from slamming in to people. Thought I was so cool. One day I was doing that on my way back from class. There was a huge hole in the pavement right in front front of the gym that I had pass. I was too busy avoiding people and going too fast. By the time I saw the hole, I had no time to avoid and had to try to ride through it. Of course it didn’t work and I got pitched to my face. Sunglasses went flying and all. There’s a giant glass window that runs along the entire length of the gym so everybody in there saw me. Plus the other atleast 200 kids in the area walking down that street.

always the worst feeling. something similar has happened to me many times, one time i had a tall can of beer but managed to save it while bailing and everyone on the street who saw gave me props for saving the beer

cringiest thing ive ever done was ride a fully flared biebel deck with alan key grind king trucks in plaid. flipping that thing could trigger epilepsy in anyone watching

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2023, 08:15:19 AM »
cosplaying nick trapasso in his suffer the joy era

doublesteveburger

« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2023, 08:59:36 AM »

if you didn't wear tie-dye in 2008 you're a god damn liar

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2023, 09:08:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Could only bring myself to do the bleached/acid wash shirts. Full multicolour was too much. (no lie promise). Def wore the pattern slacks/chef pants which is what I thought trapasso wore and maybe still cringe but I still rubber band my pants at the ankle sometimes

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2023, 09:12:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

grateful dead shirts and all. i looked fucking insane.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2023, 09:17:56 AM »
Expand Quote
I thought of something

"THUNDAR the Barbarian '
[close]

Everytime I read your shit I get contact cracked out

Damn. Think about Xanax or something? Crack is wack.

Now I'm off drugs I have crack flash backs. It's the worst drug on earth for sure

It's ok. I hope my darker personal post serve to illuminate that life today isn't so bad for others
(A)pl(E)

Warmup

• Rep: -16
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2023, 09:19:13 AM »
Joined slap

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2023, 09:19:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I definitely rocked the chinos, tie-dye shirts, and chukka low/half cabs combo during that era. Not even going to pretend otherwise. I even switched to CONS when Trapasso got on.

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 94
« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2023, 09:28:46 AM »

Backside out would be cool.

Not me but in middle school we had to make a presentation about ourselves and this kid made a poster that said SKATER in big letters in the center and pics of es kostons all over it. He quit and became a thief to support drug habits.  Shitty

Me: I brought my board to parties a few times in high school

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2023, 09:42:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Backside out would be cool.

Not me but in middle school we had to make a presentation about ourselves and this kid made a poster that said SKATER in big letters in the center and pics of es kostons all over it. He quit and became a thief to support drug habits.  Shitty

Me: I brought my board to parties a few times in high school

I agree. Back Willy lifting up and popping out backside over the corner of the ledge is awesome.

I definitely would do it switch so it's like fakie Smith fs half cab out tho.

Also I'm thinking we should add a heel flip
(A)pl(E)

tadej Pog

• Rep: -527
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2023, 10:15:16 AM »
Dylan cosplay. I don't regret it though cus I thought I was hot shit and skated harder than I probably would have.

Once I saw a 40 years old dude cosplaying Dylan and I commented "Yes Dylan, you are the best man."

He cursed me and said "I've been skating for 25 years and have my own style." Then, blocked me.
Miss you Rusty Berings

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2023, 10:15:30 AM »
As a teen I used to absolutely berate my younger brother when I didn't like how he filmed something. In one particularly heinous instance, he was 10 or 11 years old and I made him film my shitty kickflip attempts down a 3 stair for literal hours on end. When I finally landed it he didn't quite get it on film and I absolutely lost my shit. Focused my board and told him he would have to get me a new one because he fucked up filming and made me do what I did... I have very few regrets in life, but I really fucking wish I hadn't been such an asshole to my brother growing up.

Man, that sucks. I hope you and your brother have a better relationship now. I was also pretty mean at times to my younger brother growing up and while we have a pretty good relationship now it still makes me sad to think about.

I'm kinda taken back by how many pro skaters I've heard say 'I started skating because my older brother did it and I thought he was the coolest person in the world' in interviews. I wish that there was some way to communicate that kind of power dynamic to older brothers so they would appreciate it instead of just thinking your little brother is annoying.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2023, 10:17:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Dylan cosplay. I don't regret it though cus I thought I was hot shit and skated harder than I probably would have.
[close]

Once I saw a 40 years old dude cosplaying Dylan and I commented "Yes Dylan, you are the best man."

He cursed me and said "I've been skating for 25 years and have my own style." Then, blocked me.

You came to the right thread to post this.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

Pastasash

• Rep: 73
« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2023, 10:27:58 AM »
my first couple of years skating I thought doing shuv it body varials was cool, friend filmed a clip of me doing it down a two stair with skinny jeans and a shoelace belt in slo mo, lolz

Underpressureflips

• Rep: 41
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2023, 10:50:21 AM »
It’s kind of cringey that I am at an age where people are contemplating portfolios and investment properties and I’m just thinking about slappies and manuals I could try to learn.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2023, 10:51:50 AM »
sometime in the late 90s... wanna say like 1997.. I was skating at some doctor building and there were some attractive females outside. In my infinite wisdom, I thought I should show off.... like lame macho "if i do a cool trick, these ladies will be so impressed that they will decide to have premarital relations with me ASAP" mentality. Anywho... I go to do a kickflip off this ledge and get credit carded in the taint harder than I ever have in my life. They definitely were second hand embarrassed and I played it off like I was all good until I got around the corner. I was not all good. Never did again. In fact because of this.. if I saw attractive lasses near the spot, i'd just chillax (a combination of chill and relax) until they were gone.

Sidenote: my son's possible future wife is the granddaughter next door... and when she comes over he starts actin a fool on his BMX. I told him to be careful because karma seems to want to get you right in deez nuts

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2023, 10:56:29 AM »
Definitely had my Aidan Mackey cosplay summer a few years ago. Nasty.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?