Author Topic: Cringiest Thing You’ve Ever Done in Skating  (Read 11112 times)

Logic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 35
Re: Cringiest Thing You’ve Ever Done in Skating
« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2023, 12:10:07 PM »
Broke my foot skating a gap and told my friends to just fuck off when they offered to help, I figured it was just a sprain and that it would only take a few moments before I'd be able to walk again. Fortunately the gap was just down the road from my house so I managed to roll myself home, still not exactly sure what was going through my mind then though.

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2023, 12:16:05 PM »
Expand Quote
As a teen I used to absolutely berate my younger brother when I didn't like how he filmed something. In one particularly heinous instance, he was 10 or 11 years old and I made him film my shitty kickflip attempts down a 3 stair for literal hours on end. When I finally landed it he didn't quite get it on film and I absolutely lost my shit. Focused my board and told him he would have to get me a new one because he fucked up filming and made me do what I did... I have very few regrets in life, but I really fucking wish I hadn't been such an asshole to my brother growing up.
[close]

Man, that sucks. I hope you and your brother have a better relationship now. I was also pretty mean at times to my younger brother growing up and while we have a pretty good relationship now it still makes me sad to think about.

I'm kinda taken back by how many pro skaters I've heard say 'I started skating because my older brother did it and I thought he was the coolest person in the world' in interviews. I wish that there was some way to communicate that kind of power dynamic to older brothers so they would appreciate it instead of just thinking your little brother is annoying.

Yes, thankfully we're very close today. We've talked it all out years back and there's no bad blood between us at all, but I'd still like to kick myself in the face whenever I think about my own actions. The absurd thing is I absolutely looked up to my older brother at the same time, so I should have known better. Teenage ignorance I guess.

On a much lighter note, I've also had my fair share of utter failures trying to show off in front of girls. Instant karma.

sluggers

• Rep: -405
« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2023, 01:14:53 PM »
I wrote out the Gettysburg Address on the grip of my Powell Peralta Per Welinder deck that almost had a barnyard shape.

I had a massive Harley Davidson chain wallet where the links were at least three inches long and super thick. Schools probably wouldn’t let you in with it these days as it was a real weapon.

Vision Street Wear hip pack with the most random shit in it including a skate key as if I would need it every day. But, hey if a homie or random needed a tool I was the hookup.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2023, 01:21:32 PM »
I’d say the cringe at thing I did as far as actually skating, would probably be airwalks down/off stuff.

but i remember about two years ago, I broke my right ankle skating at SPOT, and for some reason, I was embarrassed when I broke it, because everyone just looked at me. didn’t even stop skating. 🤣
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

sluggers

• Rep: -405
« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2023, 01:38:14 PM »
Sophomore year of high school we had to memorize and recite a story of your choice in front of the entire English class, I chose the dumbest story about skating in the Wild West or some shit from a Thrasher magazine. Classmates had no fucking clue what I was talking about.

But, it was all good because a few popular girls liked me as I had a Beverly Hills 902101 shirt and didn’t realize it was a parody and I hated that show.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2023, 01:45:08 PM »
I wrote out the Gettysburg Address on the grip of my Powell Peralta Per Welinder deck that almost had a barnyard shape.

i take back everything ive ever said about you

backfliptofiftyfifty

• Rep: -138
  • commitment issues (in life and skating)
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2023, 01:45:48 PM »
cosplayed sean pablo

BL0B

• Rep: 412
« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2023, 01:54:46 PM »
As a teen I used to absolutely berate my younger brother when I didn't like how he filmed something. In one particularly heinous instance, he was 10 or 11 years old and I made him film my shitty kickflip attempts down a 3 stair for literal hours on end. When I finally landed it he didn't quite get it on film and I absolutely lost my shit. Focused my board and told him he would have to get me a new one because he fucked up filming and made me do what I did... I have very few regrets in life, but I really fucking wish I hadn't been such an asshole to my brother growing up.

ha, i filmed some stuff for someone that did something similar to this. i drove them to the spot, knew where the spot they wanted to skate was. they were too young to drive at that point. anyways, dude makes his trick in couple tries down a huge gap at the time, newish trick also. would be a small-medium size gap by today's standard, i get so excited by it, i hit stop on the roll away a little premature and jump up like holy shit. dude watches the footage and gets super pisst! he could have easily done it again, which i'm pretty sure i was willing to do. nope, mad the whole hour long way home, mad for months. fuck that guy!

glad you stopped being a dick to your brother though.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2023, 02:00:13 PM »

This is by far the funniest shit I’ve read on here in a while and that’s saying something.

itsyourdad

• Rep: 56
« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2023, 02:16:28 PM »
cutoff jorts were awful. i don’t even remember who or where that whole look came from but i was all in

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2023, 02:19:49 PM »

What the fuck?

Mallie

• Rep: 32
« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2023, 02:23:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This is by far the funniest shit I’ve read on here in a while and that’s saying something.
Chi vive in baracca, chi suda il salario,
Chi ruba pensioni, chi ha scarsa memoria,
Chi ha crisi interiori, chi scava nei cuori,
Chi legge la mano, chi regna sovrano,
Chi suda, chi lotta, chi mangia una volta,
Chi gli manca la casa, chi vive da solo,
Chi trova scontato, chi come ha trovato...

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #102 on: January 12, 2023, 02:55:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

SonnyHillLeague

• Rep: -1
« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2023, 04:15:00 PM »
I may or may not have boneless "bigspinned" down an 8 stair

SonnyHillLeague

• Rep: -1
« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2023, 04:16:05 PM »

Tireeedd

• Rep: 27
« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2023, 04:17:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Tireeedd

• Rep: 27
« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2023, 04:19:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Pony_Slaystation

« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2023, 04:27:32 PM »
In high school I used to wear those super tight kr3w jeans with a large t-shirt and actually thought I looked cool.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2023, 04:48:13 PM »
Man where do I start? I did the dylan. cosplay, did the tight skinny jeans with the tall tee look, would only try random tricks I could only kind of get close to the entire session at a skatepark, learned bonelesses and no complys because I couldn't do "real tricks", threw temper tantrums and focused boards, all that shit. I also would scrape my shoes against my grip to make them look more skated. I had a Skateboard City account long before I had an account on here.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2023, 05:07:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

True vibes

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 78
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2023, 05:10:29 PM »
i used to do what i called "no comply handflips"

basically you go to do a no comply (put front foot on the ground, pop the tail with the back foot) and when the board pops up in the air, you reach your front hand down and smack the board (downward motion) so it essentially does a kickflip rotation, then land back on it with both feet. i would also do variations of this like "no comply hand frontside flip" or "no comply hand hardflip" (you get the picture)

admittedly i never took them seriously and even when i was like 14, i knew it was a joke trick, but i definitely did it enough that the lines were blurred.

now that i think about it, i should bring these back. i may be cringe, but i will be free

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2023, 05:19:49 PM »
I'll drive past a skatepark first to get a look at the crowd before I actually pull in and skate.

Can't count the number of times I just go straight home instead

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -197
« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2023, 05:37:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

by far the funniest, and not even remotely the cringiest.... actually kind of tight, lol

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2023, 05:42:36 PM »
Can you explain what this means? I’m trying to picture it

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -617
« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2023, 05:48:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Clearly you never had a boneless kid around when you were growing up
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2023, 05:51:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Clearly you never had a boneless kid around when you were growing up
Sadly my crew has never included one. I honestly feel like I missed out now.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #116 on: January 12, 2023, 06:16:03 PM »
Bert slides after watching Lords of Dogtown when it came out.

My friends and I would do “pig style” where our asscracks would show like in Slaughterhouse.

I saw Van Wastell do those lil scrape ollies he was so good at and after doing them very badly for like 4 months I fucked up my ollies.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2023, 07:21:42 PM »
There was a kid in town that was the son of a cop. I focused like 5 of his boards

It's not his fault he's the son of an asshole. He grew up mean too.
Probably partly my fault. I robbed him a bunch too.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

apply today

• Rep: 5
« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2023, 07:33:53 PM »
one time I said "let's go!" never again

boogs

« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2023, 07:50:11 PM »
In middle school there was a solid two weeks after baker has a deathwish came out where me and my friend would ironically say “green room or die” or “for satan” before trying tricks, we acted like it was a joke but deep down we loved it.
must be reading this post, you gotta do better