Author Topic: Cringiest Thing You’ve Ever Done in Skating  (Read 11109 times)

Easy Slider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
Re: Cringiest Thing You’ve Ever Done in Skating
« Reply #150 on: January 13, 2023, 02:05:12 PM »
When puffy shoes were in we stuffed several pairs of socks under the tongue and often would lose the shoes while skating with the socks getting spread all over the place. I still can‘t comprehend how I managed to skate like that, but it worked somehow.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
« Reply #151 on: January 13, 2023, 02:32:47 PM »
I used to do switch boardslide back 180 out and front board nollie 270 out on wide ledges when those types of tricks were trendy in the early 2010's. Still whip them out if no one is around to judge me. They're lower on the list of illegal tricks but still cringey nonetheless

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #152 on: January 13, 2023, 02:46:11 PM »
I used to do switch boardslide back 180 out and front board nollie 270 out on wide ledges when those types of tricks were trendy in the early 2010's. Still whip them out if no one is around to judge me. They're lower on the list of illegal tricks but still cringey nonetheless

Front board nollie 270 out on a ledge is incredibly not cringe imho

BL0B

• Rep: 412
« Reply #153 on: January 13, 2023, 03:04:37 PM »
When puffy shoes were in we stuffed several pairs of socks under the tongue and often would lose the shoes while skating with the socks getting spread all over the place. I still can‘t comprehend how I managed to skate like that, but it worked somehow.

thanks for reminding me of this crime.

i un-stitched old tongues and stuffed those in my shoes, they would fly out all the time. was the equivalent of having the sock fall out of your pant leg. i stopped doing that pretty quick.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #154 on: January 13, 2023, 03:30:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

thanks for reminding me of this crime.

i un-stitched old tongues and stuffed those in my shoes, they would fly out all the time. was the equivalent of having the sock fall out of your pant leg. i stopped doing that pretty quick.

We started out with the unstitched tongues but they were not puffy enough, hence the socks.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
« Reply #155 on: January 13, 2023, 03:53:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Perhaps calling it cringe was a bit harsh. You're right

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #156 on: January 13, 2023, 04:02:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

One switch and one regular from a tasteful legend at 1:46

https://youtube.com/watch?v=YRQ-JP8Qx78

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #157 on: January 13, 2023, 04:36:47 PM »
I cut the tops of my enigmas. Then I did it again to several other shoes.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

cky enthusiast

« Reply #158 on: January 13, 2023, 07:25:38 PM »
boardside shoves, fs or bs

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #159 on: January 13, 2023, 08:03:21 PM »
I wore a XL crimson shirt with the faces on it with red kr3w tight cords and some és. At least I wasn't one of those kr3w pacman hoodie kids
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

Dirty Douggie

• Rep: 11
« Reply #160 on: January 13, 2023, 11:29:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Man, those are precisly 2 tricks i'm working on at the moment. Those and boardslides nollie out straight .
I'm pretty cringe though.

vinithebr

• Rep: -25
« Reply #161 on: January 14, 2023, 06:32:38 AM »
Being too into late flips for like 1 year, it's cringe but not the cringiest thing. A better thread would be 'cringe thing's you'v done[..]'

when i was really young i loved muska and would wear my shoes super loose so that if i did a trick (terrible ollie) i could run out of my shoe like he did in fulfill the dream
That's just wholesome, well maybe depending on how young you were.

sketchysenpai

• Rep: 5
« Reply #162 on: January 14, 2023, 06:58:54 AM »
beamed Bobby Worrest at Pulaski after landing a back 180 over a cone on flat and made eye contact on my first trip to DC after I spent the whole day fanboying over the fact I was watching him skate. I will never forget that.

Acid Drop

• Rep: -61
  • Everyone sucks but me
« Reply #163 on: January 14, 2023, 06:08:42 PM »
Filming myself and uploading it to youtube.
What-ah? Ah-how-wha? huh? You're confused, you're alone, it's Saturday night, you have no pants on

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #164 on: January 14, 2023, 06:26:00 PM »

Link?

Heshrat

• Rep: -2
« Reply #165 on: January 14, 2023, 06:30:09 PM »
Those are fun tricks, slappy boardslide type shit with the spin out. Prob not the most impressive
I did your mom

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #166 on: January 14, 2023, 10:40:22 PM »
Picking out a skateboard from K-Mart, and then another from Freewheelin’ n Calgary.
Powell Swird and Skull in a Weilender-ish shape, Indy’s, orange Crossbones, orange rails rails and tail skid. AND orange grip.

And it went downhill from there.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Acid Drop

• Rep: -61
  • Everyone sucks but me
« Reply #167 on: January 14, 2023, 10:57:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Link?

I won't tell you because I want to keep my anonimity but let me just say this; I ollied into a fifty-fifty grind on a curb wearing tight jeans. I will learn to slappy one day.
What-ah? Ah-how-wha? huh? You're confused, you're alone, it's Saturday night, you have no pants on

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #168 on: January 14, 2023, 11:06:26 PM »
I didn't beat up the kids who burned down my ramp to make room for a trampoline.

It was on their property and that NEVER should have happened.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #169 on: January 15, 2023, 04:20:55 AM »
Making Ben Gore hunt for my size in like 3 or 4 different shoes at FTC. I was already acting awkward as hell because I had never met him, and every time he went into the back I was praying they'd have the 9 so I could pay and dip.

Sometimes I imagine he was just going into the back to stand there and pretend to look, just like I used to do at my old retail job when I knew we didn't have something or if I hated the customer. That makes the memory way worse lol.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Yakusoku2

• Rep: 41
« Reply #170 on: January 15, 2023, 05:04:58 AM »
From my teens to 22 years old I only wanted to date girls who were into skateboarding (although they didn't skate) and punk/metal/emo/hardcore music. I thought that if I dated a normie, we wouldn't work as a couple. I even dated a goth girl for 4 years and every time I wanted to go to skate, I had to tell her I'm going to skate. The funny thing is she was thinking all the time that I wasn't skating, but dating other girl. So she came with my every time I went to skate. It was a nightmare. Now I've been married for almost 11 years with a normie who doesn't care at all about skateboarding or my music taste. Surprisingly, she is really supportive with my hobbies and I can skate every time I have free time and she doesn't care our 5 years old son come to skate with me. Even her parents bought skate things and protective gear to our son. Normies win. My young me looking for skatepunk girlfriends was cringe.

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -453
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #171 on: September 05, 2023, 09:37:53 AM »
Nollie front lips.  Still making myself cringe on a weekly basis

I mean it’s yuto but he makes them look amazing. Nollie front lip down Hollywood high was one of the smoothest looking handrail tricks I’ve ever seen

I didn’t really know any other skaters growing up because I was from a small town, we had a little scene but nobody from my neighborhood or school skated so I was a little isolated. I went to the stay gold premiere at our local shop. Pretty much just ten folding chairs and a little crowd of tweens. I was shy so I didn’t talk to anybody, everybody seemed to be with their friends and I was dolo so I just kept to myself. When Leo’s part came on I loudly exclaimed “Everybody loves Leo!” Couple kids whispered to each other “what the fuck was that”. Didn’t say a fuckin word for the rest of the day

svilleantigo

• Rep: 61
« Reply #172 on: September 05, 2023, 10:21:57 AM »
i was just doing flatground pop shuvs and another dude skating was like "damn that was high" and i actually looked at him said thanks instead of pretending i didnt hear it

its a tough balance to strike - scowling is impolite and will probably get you gang-beaten unless you bring friends to watch your 6. i believe you were allowed to smile up to a 60 degree radius in past years, but anything happier than that was considered gay. however, rule changes since 2017 now make it ok to do full smile/appear gay as long as its not in front of any pros on plan b.

i used to wear a grey blazer, weed beanie and CKY shirt and do berts on flat because my town didn't even have banks

TheWineClub

• Rep: 38
« Reply #173 on: September 05, 2023, 10:43:13 AM »
one time I said "let's go!" never again

PalaceButtPlug

• Rep: -298
« Reply #174 on: September 05, 2023, 10:45:24 AM »
One time at a park in a suburb, a kid about 6-7 years younger than me kept laughing menacingly when I would fall on some warm-up trick and would come over to tell me I sucked. After about the 4th blatant neg comment, I lovingly focused his board, then I left as the kid started crying. The next day I went on a 2 week trip with my homies to skate San Francisco, and after I came back the locals of said park were telling me the local police were looking for me for stomping that shithead's deck so I stopped going to that park.

It felt cringe at the time, but I have no regrets.

Regarding boardslides on ledges, you should go to skate jail. Shame on you.

Groondor the Orc

• Rep: -106
  • Doper than Joey Bast’s shelltoes
« Reply #175 on: September 05, 2023, 11:23:48 AM »
Nothing makes me cringe when I'm expressing myself and manifesting the reality I want around me. There is no shame in being yourself.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #176 on: September 05, 2023, 12:26:04 PM »
I went through a RVCA graphic tee phase because those things were so soft.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Mother Goose.

« Reply #177 on: September 05, 2023, 12:51:20 PM »
Yelled Dustin Dollin’s name in excitement from across Orchard St with nobody else around and get ignored.

Jebediah

• Rep: 110
« Reply #178 on: September 05, 2023, 12:57:00 PM »
I almost landed on a scooter kid who rode into the landing zone of a set of stairs I had been skating for the past 10 minutes. I screamed at him and still regret it, still feel bad for him and embarrassed for making a scene. At the least hopefully he now pays more attention to what's going on at the park, it could have been a bad collision.

Dustgod

• Rep: 0
« Reply #179 on: September 05, 2023, 01:14:41 PM »
In ‘03 I convinced my family to go on vacation to SF mainly cause I was hyped on pier 7 and wanted to see that and other spots in person. Got my dad to take me to a few spots to skate and also visited FTC to get a shirt. When I was there they told me that the hot chocolate tour was going to be at Wallenberg in a few days. My dad is super rad and took me to that too. I didn’t really know what to do with myself once I was there though and my dad was trying to encourage me to get a photo with a pro. At 13 I thought this would be cringe. What actually ended up being cringe is the photos my dad took of me lurking awkwardly in the background in my Justin Eldridge cosplay (59fifty backwards to the side. I thought he was god when he popped is finger back in place. Even weirder to dress like him while I’m watching him skate) I still regret not saying what’s up to anyone and getting that photo. Plenty of other people were doing it and every one of the skaters was cool about it. I reflect on that situation a lot and it got me to care a lot less about appearing cool and what people would think of my actions. If anyone was there and remembers seeing a nervous kid in a giant yellow dvs shirt, that was me
Nice to meet you, I’m a artis