Author Topic: Are there any good flat insoles?  (Read 483 times)

Evrart Claire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -16
Are there any good flat insoles?
« on: January 13, 2023, 04:32:14 AM »
I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but i need completely level insoles or else i'll lose my mind. Not necessarily without any arch (I can do both with or without), but the thickness has to be the same both on the toe and on the heel side. The few mm of raised heel that seems to be standard on most shoes gets on my nerves.

So the question is are there a good insoles i can order, that have the same thickness on both ends?

Scottboarding

• Rep: 76
Re: Are there any good flat insoles?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 08:04:16 AM »
Footprint insoles make three completely flat insoles. 3mm, 5mm, and 7mm so choose based off your shoes and how much impact protection you want.

https://fpinsoles.com/shop/insoles/shock-absorption/king-foam-insoles/

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 08:13:16 AM »
Depending on what feeling you want may or may not work for you but ortholite have pretty flat ones. They're really soft and spongey so not so great for impact but for walking around I find them decently comfy

Evrart Claire

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2023, 02:22:04 AM »
Footprint insoles make three completely flat insoles. 3mm, 5mm, and 7mm so choose based off your shoes and how much impact protection you want.

Damn 20-30$ for insoles. Wtf?

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2023, 04:43:05 AM »

The stand alone insole market is pretty big and can be very expensive.

I guess it comes down to what shoes you do buy, what is in them already, and what you need to have to make them work for you.

Most more padded or supportive shoes already have significant rise from toe to heel, but many of the thinner or softer shoes, especially vulc shoes have a way flatter overall feel to them.

Some that come to mind are Last Resort, with a completely flat footbed.

Others like Emerica have the G6 insole which might be the most simple on the market right now, but I can't remember how flat it is from toe to heel.

Ideally you would get shoes that have removeable insoles in them that would work for you as well, or that you could swap out if needed, but a little more info might help with what shoes you have had, what you prefer and what you don't want.

The plain / basic flat no nothing $2 insoles from department stores over whatever is in the shoe might be the simplest option if you just need a little more, which I know works for some people I skate with.

Another guy buys high density rubber foam sheets and cuts out his own, but that can easily end up more expensive overall than the specialty insoles.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Richard Skidder

• Rep: 410
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2023, 05:33:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Given that most insoles will last longer than multiple pairs of shoes and give you a consistent feel across most models $20-$30 for insoles is an inexpensive and worthwhile investment. If finding a specific feeling from your footwear is important to you then that kind of pricing shouldn’t be a huge issue. You could always trace the stock insole onto a piece of cardboard and cut them out as a temporary fix until you can afford it.

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2023, 05:46:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Given that most insoles will last longer than multiple pairs of shoes and give you a consistent feel across most models $20-$30 for insoles is an inexpensive and worthwhile investment. If finding a specific feeling from your footwear is important to you then that kind of pricing shouldn’t be a huge issue. You could always trace the stock insole onto a piece of cardboard and cut them out as a temporary fix until you can afford it.

I second this, I've had my 2 pair for about 3 years now. I reheat and remold them as needed
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

Lessfillingtastegreat

• Rep: 54
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2023, 06:57:40 AM »
I had mastoiditis and these insoles helped get me back on the board.  You can reuse them and reform them by putting them in the oven. 

Unless you’re a grom and or really strapped, it’s a worth while investment in yourself.

Bummer here is we keep Joey Brezinski paid. 
8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx

Evrart Claire

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2023, 08:42:26 AM »

The stand alone insole market is pretty big and can be very expensive.

I guess it comes down to what shoes you do buy, what is in them already, and what you need to have to make them work for you.

Most more padded or supportive shoes already have significant rise from toe to heel, but many of the thinner or softer shoes, especially vulc shoes have a way flatter overall feel to them.

Some that come to mind are Last Resort, with a completely flat footbed.

Others like Emerica have the G6 insole which might be the most simple on the market right now, but I can't remember how flat it is from toe to heel.

Ideally you would get shoes that have removeable insoles in them that would work for you as well, or that you could swap out if needed, but a little more info might help with what shoes you have had, what you prefer and what you don't want.

The plain / basic flat no nothing $2 insoles from department stores over whatever is in the shoe might be the simplest option if you just need a little more, which I know works for some people I skate with.

Another guy buys high density rubber foam sheets and cuts out his own, but that can easily end up more expensive overall than the specialty insoles.

G6 insoles have some heel raise, i remember swaping insoles in my hermans for the same reason.

Anyway, I have a pair of brand new Lakai Manchesters and they have like 2mm raise on the heel side. Fortunately I found some busenitz vulc insoles i had and they fit perfectly and are completely flat
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 08:51:53 AM by Evrart Claire »

burner

• Rep: 86
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2023, 08:45:32 AM »
I had mastoiditis and these insoles helped get me back on the board.  You can reuse them and reform them by putting them in the oven. 

Unless you’re a grom and or really strapped, it’s a worth while investment in yourself.

Bummer here is we keep Joey Brezinski paid.

Yeah, definitely a worthwhile investment if it keeps you skating more, for sure. I'm size 12, so I skate thinner/less puffy shoes or they just end up too huge. But then my old knees (and back) were really struggling, so I invested in some of these (currently skating these in the Puig so capsule but flex and board feel):

https://scholl.com.au/shop/insoles-orthotics/orthotic-insoles/in-balance-lower-back-orthotic-insole/

They are kinda thick and spongy (so not actually what OP was asking for, sorry), they took a bit of getting used to, but for me they've made a huge difference, can't skate without em (well, I can but them I'm fucked for days). And yeah, they last ages and longer than the shoes for sure.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2023, 09:17:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I was buying 3 pairs a year at 40 something bucks I think. The game changer just werks. Idk why.

I can land on primo all frickin day. I feel like they was designed perfect for the dunk/af2/fast break cup too.

FP is like a mag lite or a dragon wheel to me. Sick gimmick shit that actually works but is kinda extra and expensive.

Makes sense that those dudes are all human centipede and shit in the industry.

If I lived out there I'd find Joey Buttah and be like. Hey I'll trade you some burritos for some insoles yo.

I make the best burritos on planet earth.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)