Author Topic: Bones Bushings Question  (Read 624 times)

srfoden

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
Bones Bushings Question
« on: July 27, 2023, 05:42:52 PM »
So I have been riding bones medium bushings for like four years now. Is there a difference between bones white bushings and bones black bushings?

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9957
Re: Bones Bushings Question
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2023, 10:06:18 AM »
Hopefully the black ones don’t blow out as fast as the white ones?

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

Samsquantch

• Rep: 60
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2023, 10:43:31 AM »
Hopefully the black ones don’t blow out as fast as the white ones?

*spoiler* they do

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2023, 05:35:03 PM »
So I have been riding bones medium bushings for like four years now. Is there a difference between bones white bushings and bones black bushings?

They are supposed to be exactly the same, but from a few batches that were not quite the same (maybe from a while back now), questions arose and some people were saying the black ones were softer than the white ones.

All up, they should be the same, but if you are not sure, stick with the colour you are used to, black or white, or try the other one and see if there is any difference to you.

And yes, for most people they all blow out but for some people they seem to have success and they work well for them.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 980
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2023, 06:20:10 PM »
I've found the black ones to be softer overall out of the box AND they stay softer over time (when not using them) compared to the white ones; the white (all duros) seem to stiffen as they yellow/over time.

HHH

• Rep: -4
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2024, 11:57:34 AM »
Just set up some bones soft bushings (black) in my indys and they totally blew out in the 3rd session. It feels like they are made from cookie. I'm running front truck totally loose and back truck medium loose. Front bushing cracked in half and my trucks sits crooked now. On the back truck the top of bushing just sunk in. I loved the turn but hate the quality. Might try some other soft bushings, such as Indy, hopefully they are better than this

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2024, 12:10:05 PM »
Just set up some bones soft bushings (black) in my indys and they totally blew out in the 3rd session. It feels like they are made from cookie. I'm running front truck totally loose and back truck medium loose. Front bushing cracked in half and my trucks sits crooked now. On the back truck the top of bushing just sunk in. I loved the turn but hate the quality. Might try some other soft bushings, such as Indy, hopefully they are better than this

Unless you weigh ~50lbs bones softs are not for you.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 12:17:28 PM by Xen »

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2024, 12:14:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They are supposed to be exactly the same, but from a few batches that were not quite the same (maybe from a while back now), questions arose and some people were saying the black ones were softer than the white ones.

All up, they should be the same, but if you are not sure, stick with the colour you are used to, black or white, or try the other one and see if there is any difference to you.

And yes, for most people they all blow out but for some people they seem to have success and they work well for them.

Guess I am one of the lucky few. Only Bones bushings I ever blew out were white soft ones. I usually ride a mix between (strictly white) mediums and hards. Never blew out any of them.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2024, 12:36:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Guess I am one of the lucky few. Only Bones bushings I ever blew out were white soft ones. I usually ride a mix between (strictly white) mediums and hards. Never blew out any of them.

Mine never blow/blew out running mediums; now I run hards, no problems at all except they really compress down in size; the tops turn into 'low' tops really fast and the bottoms turn into regular tops...roughly 190lbs.