Author Topic: Behind The Fisheye: Jude Harrison  (Read 466 times)

suckmadeck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 27
Behind The Fisheye: Jude Harrison
« on: January 26, 2023, 11:16:59 AM »
Ay up everyone.

In this episode of the Behind The Fisheye podcast, I chat to Jude Harrison. Jude's only been filming for a few years but he's getting his name out there, having been featured in magazines online numerous times and getting thousands of views on his edits. He has numerous full lengths under his belt and in my opinion has a bright future ahead of him. We chat about Tunbridge Wells, filming HD for Phase, and general shit talk. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84ucBJ6jLt8

Available on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Pandora, Amazon, Deezer (should show up in the next few hours or so. RSS takes it's time to send it out to all the platforms.)

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/behind-the-fisheye-al-hodgson-orwellian-world/id1667053910?i=1000595831618

« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 11:34:30 AM by suckmadeck »

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
Re: Behind The Fisheye: Jude Harrison
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 07:09:37 PM »
I listened to the whole episode throughout the afternoon on the day you posted it - great work and very interesting guest pick, Jude is so stoked on skateboarding for the most inspiring reasons it's amazing to see, and his maturity I think can at least in part be explained that he seems like a really quick learner. I was one of the (many, I'm sure) people he got in touch about 'It's a Sony' with - we actually premiered the last part and interviewed him for Live, two years ago: https://liveskateboardmedia.com/en/article/premiere-jamie-manning-its-sony-jude-harrison-interview - that video really wasn't as bad as he makes it sound and more importantly I don't recall he ever was any obnoxious about it, at least not to me. Enthusiastic for sure but only in all the right ways if that makes sense. Just before that, I had first heard of him via James 'DJ' Davidson. His story about spreading the word about that video through all the different schools actually is cool as fuck and it's even better that it sounds like it might take him some more time and perspective to realize that.

linty

• Rep: 36
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 10:00:39 PM »
Enjoyed this and Al Hogdson's episodes, looking forward to the next one. Nice to hear about the younger filmer generation's inspirations and approach to filming. Cheers!

suckmadeck

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2023, 01:52:31 PM »
I listened to the whole episode throughout the afternoon on the day you posted it - great work and very interesting guest pick, Jude is so stoked on skateboarding for the most inspiring reasons it's amazing to see, and his maturity I think can at least in part be explained that he seems like a really quick learner. I was one of the (many, I'm sure) people he got in touch about 'It's a Sony' with - we actually premiered the last part and interviewed him for Live, two years ago: https://liveskateboardmedia.com/en/article/premiere-jamie-manning-its-sony-jude-harrison-interview - that video really wasn't as bad as he makes it sound and more importantly I don't recall he ever was any obnoxious about it, at least not to me. Enthusiastic for sure but only in all the right ways if that makes sense. Just before that, I had first heard of him via James 'DJ' Davidson. His story about spreading the word about that video through all the different schools actually is cool as fuck and it's even better that it sounds like it might take him some more time and perspective to realize that.

Thanks man! Glad you liked it. Jude gives me hope there will be some great filmers in the coming year.

suckmadeck

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2023, 01:54:05 PM »
Enjoyed this and Al Hogdson's episodes, looking forward to the next one. Nice to hear about the younger filmer generation's inspirations and approach to filming. Cheers!

Hey thanks man I appreciate it! The next episode features Slap Pal @pedro_mayn so look out for that soon :)