Author Topic: Tired of hearing about the "Dylan Outfit"  (Read 6815 times)

quackquack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -397
Re: Tired of hearing about the "Dylan Outfit"
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2023, 02:02:49 PM »
Am I still allowed to discuss Dylan's Infit, or is that not allowed either?
Oh, the places you'll go.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2023, 02:34:33 PM »
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

McBrandt

• Rep: -13
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2023, 02:42:11 PM »
There's that guy on Stereo that's really going for the whole dylan thing, he's kind of like a middle class man's arne stein cause he has better skills and a modeling contract.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2023, 02:58:10 PM »

Aged Chinese men in Beijing wear this exact outfit when strolling the block at sunset as if it's their pajamas.

skunty

• Rep: 73
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2023, 03:27:50 PM »
it is a socially created term, arising from subjective opions of individuals interacting with each other into an idea that is widely recognized by a whole group. it's basically just because dylan was influential, and if you don't feel or see that influence yourself you're not going to grasp it easily by explanation. Easiest way I could put it is that skateboarding at the time had become hesh, fresh, or goofy, and he represented something new that was none of those and was very cool.

HeapsCool

• Rep: -171
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2023, 05:55:22 PM »
Honestly singlets are great. Very versatile for throwing a button up shirt over. Our grand dads were onto something.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1219
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2023, 06:13:41 PM »
How do you all think Dylan would be dressing today?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

livin on a speyer

« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2023, 06:29:39 PM »
Hesh

tadej Pog

• Rep: -527
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2023, 06:50:17 PM »

2005 Wade D cosplay.
Miss you Rusty Berings

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2023, 05:48:41 AM »

This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

marty mcfly

« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2023, 06:10:13 AM »
That’s my favorite version of Dylan’s outfit (because grey,or white shoes always look better imo)
I keep calling it Dylan outfit just to piss you off,op…who ever you are
https://youtu.be/eII-LR76jWY

Pipe Dreamer

• Rep: 24
  • Slap hard Slap often
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2023, 06:16:55 AM »
Says he is tired of hearing about it, then proceeds to start a new thread about it.

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2023, 03:21:46 PM »
it is a socially created term, arising from subjective opions of individuals interacting with each other into an idea that is widely recognized by a whole group. it's basically just because dylan was influential, and if you don't feel or see that influence yourself you're not going to grasp it easily by explanation. Easiest way I could put it is that skateboarding at the time had become hesh, fresh, or goofy, and he represented something new that was none of those and was very cool.

“Very cool” was definitely not the response to Dylan’s style, kit, and loafer shoes at the time.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1219
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2023, 04:32:33 PM »
The thing with that look is that you’d have to win some genetic lottery to pull it off as good as he did.

You need long beautiful legs, thin thighs, no body fat to speak of, but relatively broad shoulders.  The first adjectives which should come to mind when others think of you should be agile, lithe, nimble.  If that does not describe you, don’t even attempt it.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

BootsWithTheFerg

• Rep: -19
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2023, 04:53:08 PM »
The thing with that look is that you’d have to win some genetic lottery to pull it off as good as he did.

You need long beautiful legs, thin thighs, no body fat to speak of, but relatively broad shoulders.  The first adjectives which should come to mind when others think of you should be agile, lithe, nimble.  If that does not describe you, don’t even attempt it.

He died of lukemia mate. Not exactly the genetic jackpot. He was skin and bones cause he was sick, not because of some Uber strict fitness routine and diet. He could barley eat. He was dying. That's why he looked the way he did. Look at him in time to shine vs when he died and all the in between and you can watch his body deteriorate in real time.

Not that it really matters. Nor is it any disrespect to the terminally ill. But you could get that same physique with a meth addiction or bulimia. His body gave up. He was dying.

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2023, 04:55:58 PM »

*cough* elijah berle
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

dannyprovolone

« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2023, 05:02:18 PM »
shouts out to the good homie arne stien

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2023, 05:06:16 PM »
This thread makes me want to go clothes shopping
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2023, 05:24:20 PM »
There's that guy on Stereo that's really going for the whole dylan thing, he's kind of like a middle class man's arne stein cause he has better skills and a modeling contract.

Andrey Tarasov

Skated with him back in 2015 as he was residing in Georgia at the time & he was at the local park I was at while I was down visiting relatives. Say what you will but seeing him skate then was wild. Great style, skated fast & wasn’t your typical young kid with no idea.

I get the dislike for the look or style associated with Dylan. It’s simply not for everyone. I’ve been into the look for awhile myself & it certainly has to also do with playing in bands, getting into printmaking & meeting others who were part of the music scene & art scene. Obviously skating & admiring Dylan too. Love loafers, love tucking my shirt in, all of it. But it’s certainly not a carbon copy. Never was. Just influence from Dylan & many others in the world.

Honestly when you see it in the wild or when I go out & skate with my shirt tucked in, no one says a word or at least has the guts to say anything. Not sure if that’s because they don’t actually care or they’re pissed that everyone else has the same DC’s & polar board, polar pants & a Depop account with a similar name.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2023, 05:53:01 PM »
In the future, we all will wear Dylan outfits or go straight to jail

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -444
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2023, 06:13:44 PM »
Honestly when you see it in the wild or when I go out & skate with my shirt tucked in, no one says a word or at least has the guts to say anything.

Not trying to be funny but where are you skating where people would openly rip on you for a Dylan fit?

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2023, 06:29:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Honestly when you see it in the wild or when I go out & skate with my shirt tucked in, no one says a word or at least has the guts to say anything.
[close]

Not trying to be funny but where are you skating where people would openly rip on you for a Dylan fit?

I am simply saying in general & referring to some of the posts on here & the comments made in the past.

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -444
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2023, 06:41:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I am simply saying in general & referring to some of the posts on here & the comments made in the past.
Yeah NYC nobody thinks about it negatively I don’t think, every Dylan fit guy tries to skates fast so you gotta respect it

switchfakie

« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2023, 08:01:34 PM »
have to agree with you, was really confused when gifted hater made his statements about berle & for some reason said that he had too big of a body for that fit. berle looks like any old greaser with that fit

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2023, 08:18:33 PM »
have to agree with you, was really confused when gifted hater made his statements about berle & for some reason said that he had too big of a body for that fit. berle looks like any old greaser with that fit

I remember seeing that & that confirming GH knew nothing outside of skate culture. My friend & I were discussing how this happens when there are any reference made when interacting with some people & they are only skate references or about skate culture. Same with music. Only able to talk about music from skate videos which is just about the saddest thing to hear….

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2023, 08:37:16 PM »

When you use your allowance to buy the deck with the F word on it

nothing's been the since same

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2023, 10:11:35 PM »
Really wish I had seen the OG Arne Stein video. It feels like when I missed out on that mid-day Greg Hunt mind field b-roll stream because I was working during the pandemic.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2023, 04:59:55 AM »
OP is Arne Stein

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2023, 06:05:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

He died of lukemia mate. Not exactly the genetic jackpot. He was skin and bones cause he was sick, not because of some Uber strict fitness routine and diet. He could barley eat. He was dying. That's why he looked the way he did. Look at him in time to shine vs when he died and all the in between and you can watch his body deteriorate in real time.

Not that it really matters. Nor is it any disrespect to the terminally ill. But you could get that same physique with a meth addiction or bulimia. His body gave up. He was dying.

Actually no, getting cancer doesn’t make you super hot.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

boogs

« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2023, 06:51:41 AM »
In the future, we all will wear Dylan outfits or go straight to jail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7SvtikTkrM