Author Topic: Street bonelesses  (Read 3266 times)

modern life is war

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -619
Re: Street bonelesses
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2023, 08:43:06 AM »
I think fs bonelesses in transition look way sicker than bs bonelesses when done correctly. But the difference is that a bs bonelesses almost always look good while fs bonelesses look like shit 50% of the time, decent 30% of the time and amazing 20% of the time.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

sle_epy

• Rep: -95
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2023, 09:03:12 AM »
Legal if you have a bag of tricks to support it that aren't kook. Mike V def doesn't have a sandwich baggie of tricks to hold up against his street boneless... Or his street plants. Shudder.
eau de toilette: Sk8IQ by Sle_epy

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 48
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2023, 09:14:47 AM »

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2023, 09:20:07 AM »
I think fs bonelesses in transition look way sicker than bs bonelesses when done correctly. But the difference is that a bs bonelesses almost always look good while fs bonelesses look like shit 50% of the time, decent 30% of the time and amazing 20% of the time.
True.

I enjoy watching woman’s skateboarding but there was a period a few years ago when 8 of 10 park skaters were doing FS bonelesses and they were all bad. Basically just doing a foot stall as an obvious time-eater. Like people please do anything else. An axle stall would look cooler.

Someone, I forget who, started boosting them so there’s hope but for a while there OMG it was hard to watch. When that trick is bad it is so bad.

Banned from the room

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2023, 09:24:07 AM »
Will there be a resurgence of this trick in 2023?

Also, is it ever acceptable?

I Fucking hope not. Mostly it's done wrongly.

You gotta pop that shit into your hands not scraping the ground with your back hunched up like a dog laying a crescent moon shaped poop.

Chin up is the secret. Looking down makes bad posture. Try it. I'm always right about OCD truck details.

I think of nothing else but details all the way to counting my breaths before I try a trick.

You gotta hear the POP and try to keep your back straight hop and then turn. NOT SCRAPED ON THE GROUND. I like to get my knee on the grip and grab it as close to the back wheel as possible.
Really boneless are best when you do them to forward.

Switch 360 boneless in transition like Cab in 1979 is totally acceptable but you still got to pop it into your hand... Also you gotta try to put it down on the tiles.

The biggest rule in transition is to you gotta put everything down high on the ramp. Jumping to flat and rocking the bottom of the ramp has nearly zero value.

I noticed all Powell guys got issues with this even though those guys got crazy tricks. They Rick the bottom of ramps with no let up in sight.

Whats up with that?

I'm in a bad mood. I got ripped the fuck off by an online purchase. This is why I never fucking do that. Now I'm kinda fucked.

I'm about to order shoes. I tried to get the same ones again but the shop has taken them off sale.

I blame t funk.

Gd. Robert Neil just asked to follow me. I love that cat. Unfortunately it's not the right guy.
I wanna fix that kids get up. He needs to get off that Burberry bullshit fashion and get down with me.

There's only one way to do it my way. All else is poser shit

Lazyskater

• Rep: 5
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2023, 10:00:05 AM »
I think bean plants definitely look nicer then a boneless on street, but just because of this post I'm betting on a resurgence of all street footplants.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2023, 10:01:39 AM »

yep, that one came to mind for me too--a thing of beauty

speaking of Mark Gonzales and frontside bonelesses

by the way, Mark Gonzales is also one of the few people who do backside bonelesses like they do frontside--thrusting on their way up, instead of like a foot plant...he truly is one of the masters in this genre as well

WavyDavy

• Rep: 126
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2023, 10:04:55 AM »
What about those stale fish boneless things?

Lee Ralphs Dear Old Mum

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2023, 10:06:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Is there any trick that is more different frontside vs backside than the boneless? Backside seems a lot more delicate, nimble and precise, where frontside is like rahhh brute force mike v smash.
[close]

i like the arguments against doing them based on being too fat, tall, and/or simply lazy to bend over to grab the board.

none of the insecure kooks in here talking shit can do anything that looks as smooth as this

beautiful and smooth indeed but neither of those are street bonelesses. I still contend that a boneless looks smoother when you can pop it into your hand and that's easier on transition...

As for being fat and lazy... for sure but i do try...

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2023, 10:09:56 AM »
Bonelesses are raw that's why I'll always love them
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2023, 10:53:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Is there any trick that is more different frontside vs backside than the boneless? Backside seems a lot more delicate, nimble and precise, where frontside is like rahhh brute force mike v smash.
[close]

i like the arguments against doing them based on being too fat, tall, and/or simply lazy to bend over to grab the board.

none of the insecure kooks in here talking shit can do anything that looks as smooth as this

[close]

beautiful and smooth indeed but neither of those are street bonelesses. I still contend that a boneless looks smoother when you can pop it into your hand and that's easier on transition...

yeah, i figured this would be as good a place as any to simply talk about bonelesses in general. after all, this thread is supposed to be about whether some specific type of skateboarding is "ever acceptable?" what kind of boob would take that question seriously?

Lee Ralphs Dear Old Mum

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2023, 11:03:15 AM »
I think this thread is about the "street boneless."  ::)

pretty simple, Deputy...

cky enthusiast

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2023, 11:14:21 AM »
i have a fucking vicious street boneless. shit is tweaked to fuck. judge me til the cows come home, you spend all your time missing flip tricks on flat

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2023, 11:16:14 AM »
i have a fucking vicious street boneless. shit is tweaked to fuck. judge me til the cows come home, you spend all your time missing flip tricks on flat

I'd love to see it!
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 101
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2023, 11:20:54 AM »
Is there such thing as a stalefish boneless???? Or tail grab?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2023, 11:21:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'd love to see it!

by the time my knee heals you will have long forgotten this thread

WavyDavy

• Rep: 126
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2023, 11:53:08 AM »

Bucky lasek did some stalefish boneless
At 2:45 is a stalefish boneless revert

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 26
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2023, 12:40:22 PM »
Boneless for the transition.
And fastplants in the street.
If you find a nice spot -you can Ollie into fastplanting some planters/ pole / table.
Had that trick on lock 15 years ago - and it was fun - and I received some positive feedback on it.

Shoud try again - but I think I lost it.
Have done some flat street boneless last Tuesday.
Feel and look like shit. But I am old and rusty..

Jory4

• Rep: 106
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2023, 03:26:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

That’s a thing of beauty there sir but point of order, it’s a bean plant technically no?

Still, super styley as always!

Banned from the room

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2023, 04:01:38 PM »
I like backside boneless in the streets and fast plant anywhere for sure.

Anyone known for Texas Plant in the streets these days. That's the one I wanna see maybe

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2023, 04:35:10 PM »
Mark gonzales grabs his bonelesses before he pops them. Can someone post a video of someone doing a frontside street boneless and popping before they grab? I think it's fine to grab before you pop but only if it's basically one fluid motion like gonz does it. The one at the start of krooked khronicles is so sick and makes me want to do one off a fat kicker. Also i think it's a trick that is dependent on body shape too, if you're short and stocky like Gonz or peter hewitt you can make them look rad but tall guys like me have to lean down a long way to grab it and we look goofy doing them, even in transition.

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2023, 04:39:53 PM »
Also there is this boneless trick that ray barbee does in some old videos where it's like a half cab backside boneless on flat and it actually looks really cool. That would be a rad trick to see someone do on like a bump to bar or a similar obstacle.

Lee Ralphs Dear Old Mum

« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2023, 08:49:32 PM »

That’s a thing of beauty there sir but point of order, it’s a bean plant technically no?

Still, super styley as always!

Thanks. Yeah, totally a bean plant or a no comply bean plant but I always thought of it as a boneless variation like the stalefish version. but perhaps its not a boneless and a mere 'foot-plant' variation?

Lee Ralphs Dear Old Mum

« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2023, 08:57:05 PM »
Mark gonzales grabs his bonelesses before he pops them. Can someone post a video of someone doing a frontside street boneless and popping before they grab? I think it's fine to grab before you pop but only if it's basically one fluid motion like gonz does it. The one at the start of krooked khronicles is so sick and makes me want to do one off a fat kicker. Also i think it's a trick that is dependent on body shape too, if you're short and stocky like Gonz or peter hewitt you can make them look rad but tall guys like me have to lean down a long way to grab it and we look goofy doing them, even in transition.

I think of it less of a 'pop' and more as scooping it into your hand, so you're not grabbing with four wheels still on the ground. but that's not easy off flat.

beg to differ about tall people looking goofy while doing them. jeff philips did some of the best on boneless on vert and BA has done some lovely ones onto handrails

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 101
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2023, 09:14:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Bucky lasek did some stalefish boneless
At 2:45 is a stalefish boneless revert

Interesting I wonder if one can be done in a fluid motion on street.

Also that song was rowley and Arto’s track in Feedback

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2023, 09:15:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think of it less of a 'pop' and more as scooping it into your hand, so you're not grabbing with four wheels still on the ground. but that's not easy off flat.

beg to differ about tall people looking goofy while doing them. jeff philips did some of the best on boneless on vert and BA has done some lovely ones onto handrails

Haha maybe it's just me and my proportions then. How tall was Jeff Phillips?

Lee Ralphs Dear Old Mum

« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2023, 09:21:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Haha maybe it's just me and my proportions then. How tall was Jeff Phillips?

great question. he was likely one of the tallest, if not the tallest pro prior to ben schroeder.

djoekr

• Rep: 322
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2023, 02:25:02 PM »
cool when zane did them

other than him as laChat would say "thats a no no you lil silly hoe"

Favorite skater, his Earth Goblin part changed my whole vision on what skating is and what it means to me, plus he has the best street boneless I've seen.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2023, 04:54:35 PM »
Expand Quote
cool when zane did them

other than him as laChat would say "thats a no no you lil silly hoe"

[close]

Favorite skater, his Earth Goblin part changed my whole vision on what skating is and what it means to me, plus he has the best street boneless I've seen.

I've heard that dystopia song in 3 different edits now.

No disrespect, RIP. He ripped and had a truly unique style.