Author Topic: Is this a running joke a nb#?  (Read 1806 times)

Dolphinpony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -8
  • i do not agree for slap magazine to selll my info
Is this a running joke a nb#?
« on: January 13, 2023, 03:31:37 AM »
The guys at Nb# when coming up with the 440: "let's create the best skate shoe ever created but... as a joke let's issue it in literally the worst colorways we can possibly think of"

I like vintage colorways sometimes bur besides the Knox they don't even feel very vintage inspired its just like ugly colors like poop brown and light baby blue
i do not agree for slap magazine to sell my person information to facebook or mark zuccerberg this is legally binding

streetmeat

• Rep: 170
Re: Is this a running joke a nb#?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 08:10:43 AM »
i loaded the fuck up on these when zummies had a blowout of them, i'm finally on my last pair of them and big bummed there isn't another good colorway out. i do have the clear sole ones that are out right now but those are for casual wear. i mean, really, i just fuck with any of the all white versions.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1091
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 08:19:45 AM »
The worst joke NB pulled with the 440 was creating the best skate shoe with the fastest wearing sole on the market.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 726
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2023, 08:28:01 AM »
The worst joke NB pulled with the 440 was creating the best skate shoe with the fastest wearing sole on the market.

A joke originated by NB, perfected by LRAB

streetmeat

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2023, 08:29:38 AM »

facts. i get a hole in the sole on the ball of my foot before anywhere else on the shoe. its maddening...but its still my #1 shoe

Thebird

• Rep: 158
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2023, 08:46:08 AM »

Nailed it.  The upper is high quality, but I'm through the sole in no time at all.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2023, 09:08:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

A joke originated by NB, perfected by LRAB

I tried some LRABs and the toe box was too tight to even complete a single session, but by the time I took off the right shoe (goofy), there was noticeable wear in the sole.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2023, 09:09:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nailed it.  The upper is high quality, but I'm through the sole in no time at all.

Maddening when the upper part of the shoe is not just not worn out, but actually presentable, but the sole has vanished.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1189
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2023, 09:24:11 AM »
440 isn’t that great
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Underpressureflips

• Rep: 45
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2023, 09:40:36 AM »
I just finished a pair of 440s and I blew through the toe/flick panels. The sole had plenty of life left.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2023, 09:45:35 AM »
I like the 272 more.

I know one’s vulc and one’s cup. But 272 feels the same as far as comfort and cushion but everything else works better for me.

truthislie

• Rep: 58
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2023, 09:49:15 AM »
Posted it in another thread already but I got some for 37 euros at junkyard and took off the N. Now it looks like it’s embossed and I love them

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2023, 09:55:11 AM »
I feel the opposite - I like the look of it and at least half of the colourways, but I hate the shoe itself.

I don't know what your diet is like - which ones do you consider to be 'poop brown?' Either way, I like the poop brown ones.

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2023, 09:57:40 AM »
I was so tempted to grab a pair of these, what's the fit like? True to size? US 10 in Dunks... haven't had anything else in years.
Who ever posted these with the N cut off thanks. They look way better that way.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2023, 10:04:46 AM »
I was so tempted to grab a pair of these, what's the fit like? True to size? US 10 in Dunks... haven't had anything else in years.

I went TTS. Cutting the N off is a game changer in the looks department

standfast

• Rep: 19
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2023, 11:18:53 AM »

I used to have this problem as well while I was skating jessup ultragrip.  I've recently switched to regular jessup and that one switch has help extend the life of the shoe (sole wise).

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2023, 11:42:06 AM »
get a 10
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

streetmeat

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2023, 11:44:53 AM »
current pair. i hate switching to new stuff in the winter so i might try to ride these out even more even though i have a fresh pair on ice

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1297
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2023, 12:28:03 PM »
Are you guys massive scootchers while setting up or stop with the ball of your feet? Not discounting the experiences, just trying to gage if I would have the same problem as I never get the bald forefoot problem on any of my shoes a lot of people seem to have.

standfast

• Rep: 19
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2023, 01:07:43 PM »
Are you guys massive scootchers while setting up or stop with the ball of your feet? Not discounting the experiences, just trying to gage if I would have the same problem as I never get the bald forefoot problem on any of my shoes a lot of people seem to have.

Yes, but this is only occurs in cup soles as the sole is harder, it wears down faster than say a vulcanize shoe. Give and take with cupsole.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2023, 01:18:19 PM »

I’m definitely a scoocher. I almost always wear my leading foot out before any other part of the shoe, it just happens way faster with the 440. The part that sucks is that I really like the shoe.

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 643
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2023, 02:47:22 PM »
I actually really like the majority of the colorways NB has done for the 440s, especially the highs. The lows are more hit or miss for me.

And I'm skating a pair currently and the sole is starting to bald, although not as heavily as some other people are experiencing in this thread. The sole still feels really grippy even with the bald spot appearing.

Dolphinpony

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2023, 04:57:35 PM »
i loaded the fuck up on these when zummies had a blowout of them, i'm finally on my last pair of them and big bummed there isn't another good colorway out. i do have the clear sole ones that are out right now but those are for casual wear. i mean, really, i just fuck with any of the all white versions.

Holy shit this one is actually dope. I am only going by what's available in retail right now. Man I missed this one
i do not agree for slap magazine to sell my person information to facebook or mark zuccerberg this is legally binding

dunc

• Rep: 52
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2023, 05:01:05 PM »
10 pairs of 440s deep. Love them . Unfortunately the sole is not great durability wise. They call it Ndurrance but it is rather weak. Sort it NB# rothdigga please.
They laughed when I told my friends that I was going to be a comedian.....well they are not laughing now!

Dolphinpony

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2023, 05:02:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I went TTS. Cutting the N off is a game changer in the looks department

For me the N adds a layer if protection, especially on the 255 I think

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2023, 05:38:37 PM »
10 pairs of 440s deep. Love them . Unfortunately the sole is not great durability wise. They call it Ndurrance but it is rather weak. Sort it NB# rothdigga please.
if the tread was deeper or the sole was 1.5x thicker it would be amazing. 440v2

jimgrude

• Rep: 67
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2023, 07:36:54 PM »
Why create a new thread for such a dumb little subjective issue when there's a dedicated NB# thread?

Lessfillingtastegreat

• Rep: 54
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2023, 07:49:23 PM »
How is there not a gray and with black/gum sole in the high is wild.  I’m sure in time they will cycle through every conceivable option.

I switch back and forth between the Crockett hi and 440H.  The NB allows me to skate longer with less pain. 

Love the shoes. When I cycle out of the Crockets ( 4 pairs ) I’m gonna stick to NB.   ( FP insoles in both shoes. )
8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2023, 10:50:10 PM »
current pair. i hate switching to new stuff in the winter so i might try to ride these out even more even though i have a fresh pair on ice

How much skating time in those if you don't mind me asking?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2023, 10:58:35 PM »
How is there not a gray and with black/gum sole in the high is wild.  I’m sure in time they will cycle through every conceivable option.

I switch back and forth between the Crockett hi and 440H.  The NB allows me to skate longer with less pain. 

Love the shoes. When I cycle out of the Crockets ( 4 pairs ) I’m gonna stick to NB.   ( FP insoles in both shoes. )
which fp?