Author Topic: post ur favorite Natural Koncept stuff in this thread  (Read 12110 times)

Serious Bob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
Natty konz
« Reply #180 on: June 26, 2021, 04:29:25 PM »
Bump! Check this old natty kon deck my friend has, such a weird shape and by the looks of it seems like it’s some of katchs very old art judging on how unrefined it is

cky enthusiast

Re: post ur favorite Natural Koncept stuff in this thread
« Reply #181 on: June 26, 2021, 07:39:38 PM »
damn that’s a gem

Fistcity

• Rep: 0
« Reply #182 on: October 18, 2021, 01:14:40 AM »
Nkskateboards.com

@nkskateboards

You’re welcome.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1192
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #183 on: October 18, 2021, 04:21:06 AM »
Someone told me they were essentially rebranded to become the Arizona Ice Tea team?  Is this old news?  I was watching some videos on trans world and there were these bad ass dudes going around stomping tricks like G’s but dressed head to toe like Arizona Ice Tea cans.  Arizona Ice Tea grip and everything.  Even went to the Arizona Ice Tea warehouse and threw down on huge pallets of Arizona Ice Tea cans.  It was incredible.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2209
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #184 on: October 18, 2021, 09:03:30 AM »
Arizona Iced Tea founded in Brooklyn, currently based out of Woodbury, New York.
Is this like the dude in Wilmington, Delaware that sells snow cones as Hawaiian shaved ice?
Has the company ever had any actual association with Arizona? No shade on JZ Radical, but you’d think that a drink company with that name would have gone with sponsoring the Pyramid Country squad or something.
While wasting time speculating, wondering & guessing this morning, I wonder if anybody knows if Andy Macdonald is still sponsored by Sobe?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #185 on: October 18, 2021, 10:34:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Natural Koncept has always been very fascinating to me. Especially Choppy Omega. This part is so insane.

It is true that the company was used to white wash drug money from Hawaii and that is the reason that even though they had an add in every TWS mag and a massive team since the mid nineties you hardly ever saw their products any where.

To me Natural Koncept was fascinating from a distance.
[close]
This part is awesome. I miss these kinds of people/parts in skating: moderate talent, whole lot of go for broke/crazy.

Why did Phelps hate Choppy? This is the real shit Thrasher pretty much just pretends at these days.

from this article: http://skatemorespots.com/a/item/the-jake-phelps-interview

"Can you tell us about Benji Gallow, Tony Farmer, Bill Pepper, Choppy Omega and Frank Hirata… I mean either in one explanation or how each of them got banned? And maybe like what happened with the 5 Days of Hate?

Ummm haha nahhh that’s a no comment, c’mon man… Choppy Omega ripped me offa dope and said Burnside tax. Bill Pepper… Just happened, whatever. His girlfriend was waiting outside in the car, I thought that was pretty cool."

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #186 on: October 18, 2021, 10:49:15 AM »
Arizona Iced Tea founded in Brooklyn, currently based out of Woodbury, New York.
Is this like the dude in Wilmington, Delaware that sells snow cones as Hawaiian shaved ice?
Has the company ever had any actual association with Arizona? No shade on JZ Radical, but you’d think that a drink company with that name would have gone with sponsoring the Pyramid Country squad or something.
While wasting time speculating, wondering & guessing this morning, I wonder if anybody knows if Andy Macdonald is still sponsored by Sobe?

How do you know about this?

benboardbreaker

• Rep: 49
« Reply #187 on: October 18, 2021, 11:47:17 AM »
I love that this thread is back. Natural Koncept has a sweet spot in my heart.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #188 on: October 18, 2021, 12:19:13 PM »
My first real board was a NK. I remember the graphic, but not the pro. This was more than 20 years ago.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Fistcity

« Reply #189 on: October 18, 2021, 04:41:27 PM »
I guess there is two different versions of the company now. Looks like Katch1 is back making art in Hawaii where the brand originally was started, but it’s not the same as natural koncept. They are just called NK now. Maybe there was a falling out between him and Jz radical 🤔

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2209
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #190 on: October 18, 2021, 05:18:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How do you know about this?
Ah, so you’ve been to Kimo’s, then?
Rad that my stupid reference landed w/ at least one person.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

senzio

• worlds gone crazy
« Reply #191 on: October 18, 2021, 07:58:45 PM »
Natural concept has been legend since i downloaded their stuff off kazaaa when i was 12, that barn yard mega ramp is ingrained in my memory,   

not to mention that guy bonestalone that rides for em shoulda blown up 50 times on his skatepark and skating off his van footy alone

cky enthusiast

« Reply #192 on: January 09, 2023, 12:41:03 PM »

tyshawn wins SOTY for a subway gap that a NK rider did first. proof the industry is rigged against the realest in the game.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1192
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #193 on: January 09, 2023, 01:23:12 PM »
I love how like 80% of their gear is Arizona Ice Tea’ed out.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3330
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #194 on: January 09, 2023, 05:47:27 PM »
I remember once there was this Natural Koncept ad and it featured a girl skater and the copy was so odd I was just like, "damn this must be some island talk or some shit."

Like, it was just like (I'm paraphrasing because it's been years), "Check out this nasty nilla shredding bob's ramp on the big island! Skate, nasty nilla! Skate!"

So ever since I've always called girl skaters Nasty Nillas.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #195 on: January 09, 2023, 06:00:51 PM »
Expand Quote
I think it's hilarious this is a thread. Definitely never would have thought Watson would fuck with the Natty Konch.  ;D
[close]

Dude I love me some raw ass weirdo shit. Natty Kon fits right in there. It's like Gummo or Memory Screen but from the other side of the lens.

Also funny you should bring this all up. Craig Williams is my homie through working with Ultimate, and Aaron Shear has two tricks in Illegitimate Bastard Child from my home town Saskatoon. Kickflip frontside noselide at a demo at a hockey rink park I worked at, and back tail on a long out ledge off a five stair. That's a legendary trick to go down on that thing and I'm so hyped it's in that video.

That's awesome! I grew up skating with Aaron, or Shreddy as many call him. He was of the older generation we all looked up to skating the local together. Sadly he can't really skate anymore as his ankles are totally fucked, but he could still rip surely. Sometimes he still comes to the park to watch and chat a bit. Good dude.

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #196 on: January 10, 2023, 04:28:36 AM »
I love how like 80% of their gear is Arizona Ice Tea’ed out.

Went from a supposed front for drugs to a obvious front to sell more $0.99 cans of sucralose laden beverages.

That Choppy part from IBC is all time, it's hard being the Omega. Also sick that he ripped Jake off on "dope" as well, looping back to that thread discussing the "Burnside Tax" and the pizza/beer situation at Pulaski.

Was always a fan of Brandon Leung too, RIP to that guy. As a kid I always associated him as the Hawaiian embodiment of Crazy Monk era Steve Olson, maybe it was the I-Path Grasshoppers.

Not going to lie and I'll probably be crucified for it but I always thought Brandon Boner was fucking rad, JZ Radical not as much (the fits are heinously distracting). Tal Cual and his brother are super good too, rest of the current team is just not doing it for me dawg. 
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

cky enthusiast

« Reply #197 on: January 20, 2023, 02:25:11 PM »

didn’t know this was ever documented, heard it wasn’t..