Author Topic: HOT LITTLE TAKES  (Read 29841 times)

Newphone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -512
Re: HOT LITTLE TAKES
« Reply #180 on: January 23, 2023, 08:56:55 AM »
Lizard King is overhated on here, Lizard King rules.

He’s a super nice dude in person, like talking to kids adults, whoever like friends. Also he rips.  I think because of his particular trick selection in parts, people don’t realize how proficient he is as an all around skater. 

my bad cuh

« Reply #181 on: January 23, 2023, 09:09:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Thoughts on Nelly? People seem kind of divided on her here but I think she has dope style even if her level of tricks aren't mind blowing... As an aside how are people not sure if she's male or female? Because of her clothes? Always confuses me when I see speculation on that.
[close]
really? since when

sle_epy

• Rep: -94
« Reply #182 on: January 23, 2023, 09:11:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Thoughts on Nelly? People seem kind of divided on her here but I think she has dope style even if her level of tricks aren't mind blowing... As an aside how are people not sure if she's male or female? Because of her clothes? Always confuses me when I see speculation on that.
[close]
[close]
really? since when

To which part? As far as whether they like her or not it seems like 50/50. I've seen speculation about gender a couple times too here and elsewhere.
eau de toilette: Sk8IQ by Sle_epy

my bad cuh

« Reply #183 on: January 23, 2023, 09:21:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
really? since when
[close]

To which part? As far as whether they like her or not it seems like 50/50. I've seen speculation about gender a couple times too here and elsewhere.
to people liking her, ive seen nothing but support
gender speculation is pretty funny tho

sle_epy

• Rep: -94
« Reply #184 on: January 23, 2023, 09:28:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
really? since when
[close]

[close]

Yea, to me she looks like a cute tomboy so I dunno. My friend who usually has good takes on skating generally doesn't really dig her which surprised me, so I did a search here and found a little but now I'm just more curious what the guys here think about it.
eau de toilette: Sk8IQ by Sle_epy

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -444
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #185 on: January 23, 2023, 11:16:04 AM »
Back lips on ledges should be way more popular, the switch version is one of the coolest tricks out there. Came of age in the Silas soty era when they were more popular so may just be my own biases though.

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #186 on: January 23, 2023, 12:11:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’d be shocked if Limosine lasted longer than 3D.
[close]
“The first catalog for 3D was released in September 2013…. 3D ceased operations in 2015”

That’s a tough one to beat. I think Limo will be around longer than another year
[close]

There's no way a brand named Limosine will last longer than three years at most
[close]

I’ll bet you 10 dollars they be around 5 years from now .

I'll virtually shake on that.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #187 on: January 23, 2023, 12:12:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
really? since when
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yea, to me she looks like a cute tomboy so I dunno. My friend who usually has good takes on skating generally doesn't really dig her which surprised me, so I did a search here and found a little but now I'm just more curious what the guys here think about it.

I might be the only person on here to have ever said anything other than positive about her and that was me saying she was overrated.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

bigmike

• Rep: 11
« Reply #188 on: April 01, 2023, 10:12:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
really? since when
[close]

[close]
[close]

Nelly is rad. Let their gender be. If it’s important enough that strangers know their pronouns, they’ll mention it, or not. Who cares

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #189 on: April 02, 2023, 12:39:48 AM »
 “I have a Dylan-esque kickflip” ahhhh I see

c-dock

• Rep: 10
  • Lurker
« Reply #190 on: April 03, 2023, 05:13:52 AM »
If the materials were better Dickies 874 would be the perfect skate pants. Baggier than "regular fit" jeans but don't look baggy while skating

Truck weight is relatively unimportant

I still prefer VX videos over widescreen HD, but HD with the VX aspect ratio is probably objectively the best format to film with. Keeps the spontaneity of a smaller video frame while retaining the good quality we're able to film with now.

Probably not a hot take but music can make or break a part no matter how good the skating is

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
« Reply #191 on: April 03, 2023, 05:16:38 AM »
If the materials were better Dickies 874 would be the perfect skate pants. Baggier than "regular fit" jeans but don't look baggy while skating

What’s wrong with the 874 material? My goto skate pant. Nothing to complain about

c-dock

• Lurker
« Reply #192 on: April 03, 2023, 05:21:55 AM »

What’s wrong with the 874 material? My goto skate pant. Nothing to complain about

They've always been in my rotation as well so I can see where you're coming from, but I've heard a lot of people say they don't like the way they feel. Not sure if they just tried them on without washing at all but you can't deny that polyester feels weird when you're used to wearing jeans all the time. 874's don't break in until 2-3 washes

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
« Reply #193 on: April 03, 2023, 05:38:45 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They've always been in my rotation as well so I can see where you're coming from, but I've heard a lot of people say they don't like the way they feel. Not sure if they just tried them on without washing at all but you can't deny that polyester feels weird when you're used to wearing jeans all the time. 874's don't break in until 2-3 washes

Gotcha. In the break-in period the feel quite weird. But after that, they are pretty perfect. Good fit, can take a healthy dose of abuse.

Not much of a jeans wearer, so I can’t say anything about how those two pants compare. Carhartt simple pants feel nicer out of the box, but I don’t like the fit that much
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 05:57:26 AM by yghartsyrt »

Wienerboy

• Rep: -98
  • Hey you're really cool and definitely not a kook
« Reply #194 on: April 03, 2023, 05:47:47 AM »
Here's a hot take:

The worst thing about Slap is when fuckers try to reprimand people for making new posts and not including them in the exact tab and location they would choose. For the most part, Slap veterans are the worst part of this thing.

Throw some kooks at me you bitches.
If my rep is ever an even number, please kindly throw me either a kook or a gnar in order to return me to my odd number equilibrium.

c-dock

• Lurker
« Reply #195 on: April 03, 2023, 05:59:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Gotcha. In the break-in period the feel quite weird. But after that, they are pretty perfect. Good fit, can take a healthy dose of abuse.

Not much of a jeans wearer, so I can’t say anything about how those two pants compare. Carhartt simple pants feel nicer out of the box, but I don’t like the fit that much

Yeah they're a solid pair of pants once they're broken in. Nice to have so many color options too

Puddy Smally

• Rep: 147
« Reply #196 on: April 03, 2023, 06:03:05 AM »
Birdhouse - The End is a terrible video due to the cinematic film style. It doesn’t feel like skating to me, and can’t relate to it at all.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

wilog

• Rep: -23
« Reply #197 on: April 03, 2023, 07:34:31 AM »
Birdhouse - The End is a terrible video due to the cinematic film style. It doesn’t feel like skating to me, and can’t relate to it at all.
The Heath and Jeremy part tho

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #198 on: April 03, 2023, 07:37:56 AM »
Throw some kooks at me you bitches.

here you go.

eSK3

« Reply #199 on: April 03, 2023, 10:24:10 AM »
If éS put as much effort into their shoes as their April fools joke the shoes might actually be good 🥴🫣

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1209
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #200 on: April 03, 2023, 11:28:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I absolutely get what you’re saying about the filming making it kinda weird but it has a special place in my heart.  Maybe it’s just nostalgia though.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

kookdusoleil

• Rep: 41
  • Have fun out there
« Reply #201 on: April 03, 2023, 01:45:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Kinda funny because Jeremy seemed to hate the video too. In the commentary track he spends a fair amount of time expressing his hatred for Mouse’s filming, which as we know, is featured prominently throughout the video

leafman4000

• Rep: 29
« Reply #202 on: April 03, 2023, 02:22:29 PM »
footage with light snowfall is the new cool guy meta
I thought skaters were tough and got laid. Way off

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
« Reply #203 on: April 03, 2023, 03:19:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Kinda funny because Jeremy seemed to hate the video too. In the commentary track he spends a fair amount of time expressing his hatred for Mouse’s filming, which as we know, is featured prominently throughout the video

and as we all know, Jeremy Klein’s taste is impeccable

kookdusoleil

• Rep: 41
  • Have fun out there
« Reply #204 on: April 03, 2023, 03:24:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

and as we all know, Jeremy Klein’s taste is impeccable

Yeahhh but he was right about that one. The filming was just straight up bad.

9inchdeck

• Rep: -18
« Reply #205 on: April 03, 2023, 03:28:35 PM »
I think fs bigspin bs boards are one of the worst looking tricks, especially when taken back to regular. Even though bigspin fs boards have become the contest trick, I still prefer them all day.

Switch bigspin boards are sick though

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 206
« Reply #206 on: April 03, 2023, 03:56:50 PM »
I think fs bigspin bs boards are one of the worst looking tricks, especially when taken back to regular. Even though bigspin fs boards have become the contest trick, I still prefer them all day.

I'm not hung up on this, but I do think it every time I watch a contest. Can you even do a bigspin boardslide? Especially if you come out forwards again. Like, a kickflip frontboard is not a backside flip boardslide...you know?
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

9inchdeck

• Rep: -18
« Reply #207 on: April 05, 2023, 11:00:01 AM »
Expand Quote

I agree and I wanted to call it a fs shuv board but I’ve never heard anyone say shuv boardslide in regards to a bs bigspin board taken back to regs.

[close]

I'm not hung up on this, but I do think it every time I watch a contest. Can you even do a bigspin boardslide? Especially if you come out forwards again. Like, a kickflip frontboard is not a backside flip boardslide...you know?

Roy Machine

• Rep: -5
« Reply #208 on: April 05, 2023, 11:11:43 AM »
I never liked the Doors

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #209 on: April 05, 2023, 11:47:30 AM »
I never liked the Doors

I listened to a podcast that described them something along the lines of "heinous, psychedelic circus music" and I can never go back.

Break on Through is still sick cause of THUG2 tho
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here