Author Topic: Brent Atchley on ASICS  (Read 4370 times)

JetamKesoutam

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -23

tadej Pog

• Rep: -527
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Brent Atchley on ASICS
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2023, 04:49:32 AM »
Are you saying that Numbers is done? ohhhh shit.
Miss you Rusty Berings

IpathCats

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2023, 05:38:58 AM »
I love this.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2023, 05:42:15 AM »
I know Brent doesn’t give a crap about having sponsors, they must be handing them out.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
  • registered SLAP offender
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2023, 05:43:38 AM »
Kind of weird not seeing him wearing high top blazers, dunks or sailing shoes

IpathCats

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2023, 05:52:21 AM »
I know Brent doesn’t give a crap about having sponsors, they must be handing them out.

Or maybe asics has a good TM and understands this about him and that core skateboarders have respect for brent, so it would be a high value acquisition that wouldn't cost them much.

Since brent isnt super worried about sponsored skating hes probably a fairly cheap deal, shoes, a small check, and freedom to do what he wants.

Solid pickup if thats the case since his name will def bring them some interest and respect.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -512
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2023, 06:05:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Or maybe asics has a good TM and understands this about him and that core skateboarders have respect for brent, so it would be a high value acquisition that wouldn't cost them much.

Since brent isnt super worried about sponsored skating hes probably a fairly cheap deal, shoes, a small check, and freedom to do what he wants.

Solid pickup if thats the case since his name will def bring them some interest and respect.

I can’t imagine that it’s quite that simple, that there’s that little interest in just having Brent out there as an ambassador, but maybe I’m wrong? Seems like he’d be a huge value add to a brand, and that would be obvious.  Sober forever at this point too, so you know he’s productive.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2023, 06:12:03 AM »
white joints lookin fly id rock em

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1061
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2023, 06:20:40 AM »
Guy wears shoes

IpathCats

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2023, 06:30:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I can’t imagine that it’s quite that simple, that there’s that little interest in just having Brent out there as an ambassador, but maybe I’m wrong? Seems like he’d be a huge value add to a brand, and that would be obvious.  Sober forever at this point too, so you know he’s productive.

I'm not sure what you're implying, it sounds like you're trying to disagree with me, but it seems like you actually agree with me lol.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2023, 06:34:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm not sure what you're implying, it sounds like you're trying to disagree with me, but it seems like you actually agree with me lol.

Im saying that what your saying sounds crazy, that brands don’t see the marketability of Brent, but that your probably right.

I was working though some disbelief while responding.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2023, 06:47:45 AM »
Well if I’ve learned anything from the NB Reynolds thread, they are following each other on the insta so must be true.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 94
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2023, 07:13:15 AM »
If there’s a full burnside part of mainly blasting that hip I will buy a pair of these shoes

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 115
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2023, 08:00:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Im saying that what your saying sounds crazy, that brands don’t see the marketability of Brent, but that your probably right.

How much do you think the Asics TM makes, and do you think its justified?

sharkjumper

• Rep: 40
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2023, 08:10:02 AM »
Might have something to do with Kasper, who was formerly at Nike. I know he’s doing consulting for skate brands. Hooked up the local homies to get some clips in the shoes and build up hype?

håkanhellström

• Rep: -42
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2023, 08:32:35 AM »
Dont know why but tom knox would look good in asics.

kook1234

• Rep: 128
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2023, 08:46:29 AM »
hes still got it!

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2023, 09:03:13 AM »
Asics are my best walkign shoes of all time

If they can get close to that comfort with durability im on board

also shout-out brent atchely I can hear that electronic sound from that Public Enemy song playing already
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

skunty

• Rep: 73
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2023, 09:05:18 AM »
They are dipping their toes into the legacy-sportswear-brand-gone-skate waters, and following Nike's playbook that cracked the code with hiring people respected by the core culture and pushing classic designs. Reebok, Puma, and Saucony are licking their lips right now.

KBizzle

• Rep: -18
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2023, 09:48:53 AM »

also shout-out brent atchely I can hear that electronic sound from that Public Enemy song playing already

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2023, 09:53:02 AM »
They are dipping their toes into the legacy-sportswear-brand-gone-skate waters, and following Nike's playbook that cracked the code with hiring people respected by the core culture and pushing classic designs. Reebok, Puma, and Saucony are licking their lips right now.

Pretty much. And then in like 3 years, they'll get Yuto on the team which will pretty much be their P-Rod. Puma and Reebok have already done tarnished their brand by trying the skate thing.

I just went on Asics skate website and their shoes are pretty damn bad looking. The logo on the heel area makes it look like a Lakai shoe.

Should make these a skate shoe:

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

WavyDavy

• Rep: 129
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2023, 09:57:05 AM »
Who the hell gave green light for an Asics slip on?

They should make their classics skateable like the gel late, GSM or mexico

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2023, 10:40:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

How much do you think the Asics TM makes, and do you think its justified?

Oh jeez, good question.  I have no idea, we sure they have one already? I wouldn’t feel comfortable speculating on someone’s pay.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1227
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2023, 11:28:40 AM »
man wears shoes

more at 11

skunty

• Rep: 73
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2023, 11:52:36 AM »
Gino Iannucci skating asics in a post from October... also wearing them in a post on asics_skateboarding IG story right now

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2023, 11:54:25 AM »
the vibiest of vibes

LebowskisRug

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2023, 01:44:01 PM »
Emile Laurent is also on from the looks of it. I wonder if the ASICS rep just lives in Portland. Sebo next.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -46
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2023, 01:53:36 PM »
GEL-WT actually looks kinda sick in all black

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2023, 03:11:30 PM »
i can 100% see asics being a skate brand. nothing major, but there's for sure a demographic that would cop. it's like NB at the beginning

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1209
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2023, 03:18:39 PM »
I’m on my phone, so it weirdly cropped the title of this thread down to “Brent Atchley on ASL” so I thought this was about how he was learning American Sign Language and I got kind of excited to maybe read an interesting article about how he came to want to learn to sign.  Like maybe he has a deaf cousin that he’s really tight with.

Anyways, the slip-ons look like they cost $0.02 to produce, the green ones are gt’s with a different logo and the white ones look like my grandpa’s mall-walking shoes.  They look like they are made for the elderly.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 03:27:18 PM by SneakySecrets »
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.