Author Topic: Circle rack pole jam fifty fifty  (Read 309 times)

turbo 2.0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 52
Circle rack pole jam fifty fifty
« on: March 19, 2023, 11:12:22 PM »
No idea what to call this so here’s what I’m talking about:

https://youtu.be/z--FKBCkXSw

In the two lines starting at 0:44 on this circular bike lock up rack thing Kadow up and over 50-50’s it. There’s also a rollercoaster rail like this at the local park, just square and a more mellow/gradual angle on start up. Watched some dude drunk as hell charge it full speed launch in the air and smack his dome.

Obviously being drunk was his first mistake but it left a bad taste in my mouth towards trying it ever since. How the actual hell do you do these? Lock in? No lock in? Just jam it and hope for the best?

I’m guessing it’s the last one, but I don’t know. I can polejam and wallie so I know I have the foundation of it but want some tips before I actually try it.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 11:23:49 PM by lunchroom mania »

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 191
  • Precision Posture
Re: Circle rack pole jam fifty fifty
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2023, 08:42:24 AM »
I haven't really done many rainbow rails like that, but my instinct is to use the front truck as the main guide for the rest of the move. Not necessarily being heavy on the front, but "feather" it for the rest of the trick to follow through. More of a glide than a grind. Maybe be aggressive initially and back off once you're in the grind?

Seems like a trick that takes strong commitment and speed, but even that has a strong chance of bucking you (as you saw first hand, ha!).

In the Ben K clip, it looks like he skips a lil pop to get the angle to make the rainbow. Sounds deadly.

turbo 2.0

• Rep: 52
Re: Circle rack pole jam fifty fifty
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2023, 09:02:58 AM »
I haven't really done many rainbow rails like that, but my instinct is to use the front truck as the main guide for the rest of the move. Not necessarily being heavy on the front, but "feather" it for the rest of the trick to follow through. More of a glide than a grind. Maybe be aggressive initially and back off once you're in the grind?

Seems like a trick that takes strong commitment and speed, but even that has a strong chance of bucking you (as you saw first hand, ha!).

In the Ben K clip, it looks like he skips a lil pop to get the angle to make the rainbow. Sounds deadly.

I have a strong feeling you’re right, that it’s an aggressive motion to initiate the grind, then you kind of unweight and try not to sit on top of it. I feel like actually trying to lock in would be a good way to eat shit.

It’s a hyper specific trick that I don’t think there’s any YouTube tutorials on so I figured I’d ask here because this seems like a scary ass trick to go into 100% blind haha