Author Topic: Tyre Nichols RIP (police brutality trigger warning)  (Read 15587 times)

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
Re: Tyre Nichols RIP (police brutality trigger warning)
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2023, 05:26:05 PM »
Absolutely horrifying and upsetting to watch. Just another day in a police state, unfortunately.

People wonder why Americans are so adamant about the second amendment... these officers are our "PROTECTORS" and this is the shit they pull.

Rest in Peace Tyre. Nobody deserves this experience as their final moments on earth. I am hoping the judicial system does the right thing with these fuckers.

Imagine how often this type of stuff has happened throughout history when body cams and cell phones weren't around...
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

ziggy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -222
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2023, 05:39:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
rest in power

this might be an unpopular opinion, but i am so fucking sick and tired of peacefully protesting.

these people won't listen or care. the only way to enact change is to shake the boat a bit. go out there and show these pigs how angry you are
[close]

the police are largely right-wingers who can’t wait for an open invitation to cave your head in, which is what you are suggesting
[close]

This isn't meant as a criticism but what you seem to be saying is that essentially it's a no win situation. Protesting and advocacy haven't worked in a lasting way and violent direct action would likely end up in more people fighting right wing fascist being killed than the right wingers. I don't know what the solution is but something must change. Or, perhaps not and we just resign ourselves to the violent and corrupt whims of law enforcement and learn to live with it. Again, I just don't know.

I certainly don’t have the right answers. We’re all speaking emotionally

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2023, 05:40:44 PM »
Fuck the police. All of them.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2023, 05:59:42 PM »
Not tryna hear that copaganda about the "good cops". If you have 10 cops, and only 2 of them are bad, and the other 8 don't say anything about the 2 bad ones, then you have 10 bad cops.

American police culture enables stuff like this to happen again and again.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2155
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2023, 06:26:10 PM »
If you have 10 cops, and only 2 of them are bad, and the other 8 don't say anything about the 2 bad ones, then you have 10 bad cops.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Maurice46

• Rep: 9
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2023, 06:32:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
rest in power

this might be an unpopular opinion, but i am so fucking sick and tired of peacefully protesting.

these people won't listen or care. the only way to enact change is to shake the boat a bit. go out there and show these pigs how angry you are
[close]

the police are largely right-wingers who can’t wait for an open invitation to cave your head in, which is what you are suggesting
[close]

This isn't meant as a criticism but what you seem to be saying is that essentially it's a no win situation. Protesting and advocacy haven't worked in a lasting way and violent direct action would likely end up in more people fighting right wing fascist being killed than the right wingers. I don't know what the solution is but something must change. Or, perhaps not and we just resign ourselves to the violent and corrupt whims of law enforcement and learn to live with it. Again, I just don't know.
[close]

I certainly don’t have the right answers. We’re all speaking emotionally

There is absolutely nothing wrong with speaking emotionally. After all, a man was murdered. It is important to remember that this is not a logic problem, and being emotional is a valid response. Again, I do not know what action the masses should take, but I do not see protesting and advocacy as viable way forward, if it ever was. Obviously, law enforcement does not care. They beat this man to death on camera and did not think twice about it.

backfliptofiftyfifty

• Rep: -138
  • commitment issues (in life and skating)
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2023, 08:10:26 PM »
police own a monopoly of violence.

if someone (maybe a corporation, government, neighbour) says you aren’t allowed to sit on a bench for whatever reason, if sit there and stay there long enough, the police will be called.

they will ask you to leave. sure they might ask nicely, but eventually they’ll start to get threatening and become aggressive. and if you still sit there, they’ll eventually beat the shit out of you and force you to move. and they have the right to exert that force on you and you don’t have the right to that force on them.

that is a monopoly of violence. the idea of police brings up the image of brutality. that’s why ACAB. it doesnt matter if there are good ones. the fact that they’re are bad ones to begin with and the system allows them to act freely without worry of real consequences is why ACAB

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2023, 01:43:15 AM »
This shit is just heart breaking . Skater or not he was just an innocent person . Our system is broken , this country is broken and reality is we’re not on a path to fix it. Get out while you can…… I can’t even imagine the political and social repressions of this, having 5 black cops murder another black man? But this also being the first time like ever that cops are actuallly charged with a crime? Yeah this is gonna be a rough one.

RIP TYRE NICHOLS: SKATEBOARDER. I think we can all say you’ll be in every one of our pushes from here on out , rest easy friend .
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2023, 02:02:47 AM »
police own a monopoly of violence.

if someone (maybe a corporation, government, neighbour) says you aren’t allowed to sit on a bench for whatever reason, if sit there and stay there long enough, the police will be called.

they will ask you to leave. sure they might ask nicely, but eventually they’ll start to get threatening and become aggressive. and if you still sit there, they’ll eventually beat the shit out of you and force you to move. and they have the right to exert that force on you and you don’t have the right to that force on them.

that is a monopoly of violence. the idea of police brings up the image of brutality. that’s why ACAB. it doesnt matter if there are good ones. the fact that they’re are bad ones to begin with and the system allows them to act freely without worry of real consequences is why ACAB

It‘s not that simple, but yeah: ACAB. You have to be an asshole to want to be a cop in America.

assvogel

• Rep: 194
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2023, 05:43:49 AM »
Saw the video and it was even more disturbing and horrifying than I was prepared for. All cops truly are bastards as the system is beyond broken.

Rest in peace Tyre and power to his family and friends.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2023, 06:03:38 AM »
Fuck that video. I hope they get the chair fucking scumbags.

El Freegano

• Rep: 217
« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2023, 07:49:26 AM »
So sad :(
RIP Tyre!
Condolences to the family and friends!
I wish these bastards get some really hard time for their actions and there are no more fucked up stories like this! Fuck 12!

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2023, 07:52:27 AM »
heard a rumor that tyre had sex w/ one of the cops' wives and that's why it was personal [not everyone gets beat up or beat up that bad]. i don't know if it was a flippant comment or the cops had history w/ the kid or what.
did anyone protest/riot last night?

Who cares if he did. But if that's the case it's premeditated so even more reason to strap them to a chair.

Saw pics on social media (mine I live overseas) of cop cars burning so hopefully.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2023, 08:05:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
rest in power

[close]

[close]

We know what the solution is, but saying it out loud gets you put on a watch list.

J/k the solution is to vote Democrat. Biden 2024!
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2023, 08:36:47 AM »
showing out for white cops should be punishable by death
imagine their lives off camera
where the fuck are the blue lives matter crowd now?
or was that just for sky blue and not navy
bastards dont deserve to be lumped in with cops
fuck all of them and their sympathizers
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2023, 09:32:01 AM »
heard a rumor that tyre had sex w/ one of the cops' wives and that's why it was personal [not everyone gets beat up or beat up that bad]. i don't know if it was a flippant comment or the cops had history w/ the kid or what.

From watching the videos last night it really did seem like this was personal and not some random encounter. It would explain why he would have bolted away so quick at the traffic stop. Even the way he's pleading to the officers, it's screaming mercy. Like okay I get it, I did what I did, now can you stop it.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Magnolia

• Rep: 412
  • She/They
« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2023, 10:06:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

From watching the videos last night it really did seem like this was personal and not some random encounter. It would explain why he would have bolted away so quick at the traffic stop. Even the way he's pleading to the officers, it's screaming mercy. Like okay I get it, I did what I did, now can you stop it.
[close]
that's all i was getting at. i saw another post saying that 'defund' [and also vaccine mandates] led to retirements has left a paucity of skilled experienced cops so they're recruiting subpar candidates and in this case, members of the vicelords.
sounds farfetched to me but there have been bloods on the LAPD, it's not unfathomable for a gangsta to make it to an age w/out a felony even if it is rare.
if i had to guess, the cheating wife seems more plausible or previous encounters of some kinds so they have a grudge.
There isn't a single PD in the country that's been defunded, cops are just violent power trippers
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2023, 10:24:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
that's all i was getting at. i saw another post saying that 'defund' [and also vaccine mandates] led to retirements has left a paucity of skilled experienced cops so they're recruiting subpar candidates and in this case, members of the vicelords.
sounds farfetched to me but there have been bloods on the LAPD, it's not unfathomable for a gangsta to make it to an age w/out a felony even if it is rare.
if i had to guess, the cheating wife seems more plausible or previous encounters of some kinds so they have a grudge.

Cops themselves are a fucking gang, they just have the backing of the most powerful union in the country and they have an entire judicial system that protects them as long as they say the magic words "i was in fear for my life"

Not to mention the actual subgroup gangs that exist in the LA sheriffs department like the executioners, 3000 boys, Vikings, cavemen, regulators and cowboys. As of right now there are 18 known deputy gangs that exist within the LASD. It has nothing to do with being "gangsta" and everything to do with having a violent, militaristic, racist group with zero accountability and a license to kill with impunity.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2023, 10:29:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

All aspects of the "Defund" defense are complete canards, without a single shred of truth in them. Many police did retire after 2020, when it seemed like there might be accountability for police violence (lmao), and recruitment numbers are way down since everyone hates the fucking police and the job market is relatively strong.

The police are a gang, they don't need to pull from members of the Bloods in order to behave like gangsters. The LA Sheriff's department has been engulfed in a multi-year scandal about competing internal gangs, ones where you earn your place (and a tattoo) by killing civilians. Frankly I trust a street level gangster much more than I trust in the police, and the implication of your post is that someone who would join a street gang is inherently untrustworthy or not deserving of a position within civil society, which is an idea I dismiss out of hand.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2023, 10:29:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Cops themselves are a fucking gang, they just have the backing of the most powerful union in the country and they have an entire judicial system that protects them as long as they say the magic words "i was in fear for my life"

Not to mention the actual subgroup gangs that exist in the LA sheriffs department like the executioners, 3000 boys, Vikings, cavemen, regulators and cowboys. As of right now there are 18 known deputy gangs that exist within the LASD. It has nothing to do with being "gangsta" and everything to do with having a violent, militaristic, racist group with zero accountability and a license to kill with impunity.

I clearly spent too long looking for references, and one again Dale beats me to the punch.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2023, 12:18:41 PM »
I saw there was a vigil at burnside. I fucking hope something changes this time.....

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2023, 12:19:24 PM »
Just read the wikipedia article on this and I'm feeling sick.

Can someone explain this to me(european)?
"As of January 27, all five men have posted bail and been released, according to Shelby County Jail records."

How are these people allowed to walk freely? You can murder someone, pay the bail and just go home (for some time)?

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2023, 12:21:25 PM »
I have not stopped crying since last night. I cannot put into words how enraged and hurt I felt seeing that video. I keep thinking about how I wish had met him and become his friend here. I keep thinking about how he was one of us. I cannot stop hearing his crying out for his mother. I cannot keep myself from thinking about how these fucking pigs stood over him, bragging about murdering a human in the most brutal way imaginable like they did something worth fucking commending.

Memphis has been turned on its head and the entire world is watching us.

Rest In Peace Tyree Nichols.

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2023, 12:30:09 PM »
go out and break shit today

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2023, 12:34:46 PM »
Just read the wikipedia article on this and I'm feeling sick.

Can someone explain this to me(european)?
"As of January 27, all five men have posted bail and been released, according to Shelby County Jail records."

How are these people allowed to walk freely? You can murder someone, pay the bail and just go home (for some time)?

In America we have different types of criminal justice systems.

If you're rich, have political connections, or are a cop you get treated one way.

Everyone else gets the second system.

No joke, I've read about really bizarre sentenencing, like a former NFL cheerleader got weekends in jail for having sex with an underage kid.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

vicious cycle

• Rep: 160
« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2023, 01:13:14 PM »
Sickening.. I couldn't watch that video.
I can not imagine to live and raise my family in a country where I have to have fear to get murdered on a "traffic stop" from the guys that should protect me from exactly that. Don't get me wrong, it's not all happy where I'm from eather but stuff like this is basically unimaginable here..
Holy shit.. Stay safe guys. Rip Tyre.
And fuck these pigs, I hope they rott in jail.
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1466
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #116 on: January 28, 2023, 01:51:45 PM »
These pigs should be locked for life with inmates they've put in jail. They deserve a lifetime of hell.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #117 on: January 28, 2023, 01:54:56 PM »
I got arrested with one weed cookie in bumfuck TX and my bail was $50,000.  One fucking cookie. Violent offenders get off for less.

wil540

• Rep: -13

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #119 on: January 28, 2023, 02:10:01 PM »
I got arrested with one weed cookie in bumfuck TX and my bail was $50,000.  One fucking cookie. Violent offenders get off for less.

Back in the day, they weighed the edible and that was the amount you possessed.