Author Topic: Tyre Nichols RIP (police brutality trigger warning)  (Read 15583 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: Tyre Nichols RIP (police brutality trigger warning)
« Reply #150 on: January 31, 2023, 10:22:21 AM »
We don't need cops. Those bastards perpetuate violence in the community and try to make slaves of us though fear.

First time I went to jail I was innocent. The cops beat me in my mother's living room for over a half hour while I tried to follow their commands but they was holding my arms in and screaming give me your hands. My gf was watching and everything.

No warrant no nothing.

I lost. The system sucks. Fuck lawyer fuck das fuck the cops.

My heart goes out to his friends family and community. Shit has to stop yesterday.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 06:35:02 PM by Uncle Flea »
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #151 on: January 31, 2023, 01:52:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I donated to the GoFundMe me (and saw a legendary skater did too which was great to see) but I hope some companies do limited-edition stuff with the families permission with proceeds going to them.
[close]

Five hanging pigs in the style of the Klansman please Jim T. if your reading this.

Edit: in the style of the hanging Klansman deck, i think Natas did the original graffic. Of course this pigs aren't kkk but they should swing from a tree branch by thier necks.
[close]

We’re really advocating for having 5 black men hanging from branches? Yeah, no. Hard disagree.

I see your point, I didn't know or care their color of
Skin. Pigs are pigs,but yes I can see how that could be interpreted the wrong way.

I read something about now there is seven pigs involved, some stoop back and watched? Anyone got a reputable news site for America? Or can post links. Ta

VarialDisease

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 12
« Reply #152 on: January 31, 2023, 02:11:05 PM »
I read something about now there is seven pigs involved, some stoop back and watched? Anyone got a reputable news site for America? Or can post links. Ta
[/quote]

https://www.democracynow.org/topics/police_brutality

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #153 on: February 01, 2023, 01:33:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

https://www.democracynow.org/topics/police_brutality
[/quote]

Thanks, I had no idea firemen were involved, and sacked over it.

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #154 on: February 01, 2023, 07:45:23 PM »

Gonna need more than an Instagram post for this claim.

How about some YouTube comments?

Stop posting this dumb shit people. If you can't see through it then you're not bright, it's pretty simple.

RIP Tyre

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #155 on: February 03, 2023, 11:01:49 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CoNczD5vqAY/?igshid=YWJhMjlhZTc=

Rick Thorne and I have been riding, traveling and doing demos together for over 20 years. It’s been a wild journey from doing jump-ramp shows at the Michigan State Fair to packed arenas at Boom Boom Huckjam tours. And we continue to ride together as much as possible well into our twilight days. As a tribute to our tenacity, we are offering this signed photo of us doing doubles just before the world turned upside down (and before I got hurt).

My proceeds from these sales will go directly to the Tyre Nichols Memorial Fund, which includes plans to build a public skatepark in Tyre’s honor; as our worlds continue to grieve his loss. He was a talented skater, among many other admirable traits. And we hope to keep his legacy alive by helping to create a free, inclusive skatepark in his name. Link in bio.
📷 @chrisclicksdigital
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 11:10:24 AM by Fongstarr. »
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
« Reply #156 on: February 03, 2023, 02:27:36 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CoNczD5vqAY/?igshid=YWJhMjlhZTc=

Expand Quote
Rick Thorne and I have been riding, traveling and doing demos together for over 20 years. It’s been a wild journey from doing jump-ramp shows at the Michigan State Fair to packed arenas at Boom Boom Huckjam tours. And we continue to ride together as much as possible well into our twilight days. As a tribute to our tenacity, we are offering this signed photo of us doing doubles just before the world turned upside down (and before I got hurt).

My proceeds from these sales will go directly to the Tyre Nichols Memorial Fund, which includes plans to build a public skatepark in Tyre’s honor; as our worlds continue to grieve his loss. He was a talented skater, among many other admirable traits. And we hope to keep his legacy alive by helping to create a free, inclusive skatepark in his name. Link in bio.
📷 @chrisclicksdigital
[close]

Shout out to the birdman

Jacob DeGrosso

• Rep: 16
« Reply #157 on: February 04, 2023, 01:25:35 PM »
I remember after G Floyd feeling that there was momentum and maybe some hope for change. My wife wasn't having it.  "How many times have we been here" What has changed?" And, of course she's right and I hate that this is the smart take...hopeless cynicism. 

I watch that young man skate and it just crushes me knowing what became of his last moments and how this shapes my view of our society even further. I don't really have a point to make, just venting and thankful for this place.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 07:59:25 PM by SlowStoke »

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

rob macabre

• Rep: -3
« Reply #159 on: February 05, 2023, 10:38:13 AM »
https://youtu.be/eOu_v_k3Ze4
Skate parade is cool. That should be more the norm for us. I've seen it one other time when a shop owner was murdered during a robbery (who robs a skateshop?).

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2593
« Reply #160 on: February 07, 2023, 08:01:55 AM »
Black skateboarders on the life and death of Tyre Nichols: ‘He was one of us. That could have been me’

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/feb/06/black-skateboarders-tyre-nichols
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Darryl_Blueberry

• Rep: 3
« Reply #161 on: February 07, 2023, 08:32:31 AM »
I had no idea he was from Sacramento. I been here about 8 years. They had a huge thing for him at the skatepark

Maurice46

• Rep: 9
« Reply #162 on: February 07, 2023, 05:07:07 PM »
Turns out the rumors about the cops texting photos of a beaten and bloodied Tyre Nichols were true. Sickening. This from the New York Times. "As Tyre Nichols sat propped against a police car, bloodied, dazed and handcuffed after being beaten by a group of Memphis police officers, one of those officers took a picture of him and sent it to at least five people, the Memphis Police Department said in documents released by the state on Tuesday."

nytimes.com/2023/02/07/us/tyre-nichols-photo-memphis-demetrius-haley.html

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #163 on: February 08, 2023, 07:03:56 AM »
Turns out the rumors about the cops texting photos of a beaten and bloodied Tyre Nichols were true. Sickening. This from the New York Times. "As Tyre Nichols sat propped against a police car, bloodied, dazed and handcuffed after being beaten by a group of Memphis police officers, one of those officers took a picture of him and sent it to at least five people, the Memphis Police Department said in documents released by the state on Tuesday."

So it was revenge and purposely about Tyre?

Maurice46

« Reply #164 on: February 08, 2023, 08:41:00 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
So it was revenge and purposely about Tyre?

That's still unclear.

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • shop lurker avatar image
« Reply #165 on: February 08, 2023, 09:21:55 AM »
RIP Tyre

I was able to make it out to Sacramento for a memorial for him at Sac Ramp. It was emotional.

A group was holding and passing out newspapers with the title "BEATEN TO DEATH", there were shirts made in his honor, skaters and family talking about the good times with him, and a rapper dropping solid lyrics about police brutality.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #166 on: February 08, 2023, 11:01:32 AM »

My cousin was a cop in Sac for a couple of years till he got out cause he had kids. But he used to show me some body came stuff from some of his pursuits and even others which wasn't incriminating but more or less something to show from a night out. I think cops oddly do this all the time. I guess it is hard not to when you have a phone in hand and think no one is going to see it but you and your social circle.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Maurice46

« Reply #167 on: February 08, 2023, 02:22:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

My cousin was a cop in Sac for a couple of years till he got out cause he had kids. But he used to show me some body came stuff from some of his pursuits and even others which wasn't incriminating but more or less something to show from a night out. I think cops oddly do this all the time. I guess it is hard not to when you have a phone in hand and think no one is going to see it but you and your social circle.

I understand that taking photos may be commonplace. However,  I think most people would agree, if you can't control yourself not to take photos of people when you are at work and those who you are dealing with are often at their lowest and most vulnerable you shouldn't be a cop. I know that's not the reality but my point is that it is problem with policing and the quality of officers and none of us should except the current state of affairs. It doesn't matter how common bad behavior is, shit is unacceptable.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #168 on: February 09, 2023, 07:23:28 AM »
I work in a healthcare adjacent setting and would 100% be fearful of losing my job if I ever thought of doing something similar. They so comfortable breaking the law it’s sickening.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

benboardbreaker

• Rep: 51
« Reply #169 on: February 11, 2023, 02:58:28 PM »
This is just so sad. He seemed like a very good person and had really good style on a board from the videos being released.  Being from Northern Europe where the police still sometimes can be overreacting and violent but not on any way on the scale and level like what happen to Tyre and other similar cases in the US.

Is police brutality worse now or is it just being highlighted more due to everyone having a camera phone in the US?

I found this statistics from a few years back comparing different countries and the US are far the worst of the countries compared here.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1124039/police-killings-rate-selected-countries/

I do believe that China, countries in the middle east and africa are a lot worse then the US and their data might not be as a accurate like the once you get from Europe, Northern America and Japan.

LemThurdy

• Rep: -15
« Reply #170 on: February 15, 2023, 05:31:26 PM »
Man , they are all pigs in the end regardless.
I might this one cop maybe even detective thru a mutual friend and he had all kinda crazy shit on his phone , I’m talking dude w his head blown off type shit. Those ppl and there ego is something else.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #171 on: February 17, 2023, 11:07:08 AM »
Just read the five pigs are on bail...they should be strapped to a fuckin chair.

IpathCats

« Reply #172 on: February 20, 2023, 05:27:10 AM »
I work in a healthcare adjacent setting and would 100% be fearful of losing my job if I ever thought of doing something similar. They so comfortable breaking the law it’s sickening.

Yea, that's fucking insane tbh (whole situation is). But to be so brazen about this act after committing it is another level of heinous.

Why create more evidence of your wrongdoing?

Probably because they don't even consider it wrong.

So sad.

Daewons front truck

• Rep: 30
« Reply #173 on: February 20, 2023, 11:32:35 AM »
If I’m crossing a line by posting this mods can feel free to delete.. but I feel like this is about to blow up.  Long story short.. 5 black cops in Memphis have been fired for beating another black man to death. 

From what I’ve read, there’s video of the incident to be released, and the predicted outrage may rival the response to George Floyd’s killing.  I also saw in an article that Nichols was a skater, so I figured maybe some Memphis heads in here would’ve heard something about it?

Not looking to start any debates, just want to pay respect, wish the best to his loved ones, and hope that justice will be served.

I lived in Memphis from ages 14 - 17 and I can tell you that the police in Memphis are the worst and most crooked cops I ever had to deal with. I had an incident happen when I was 16 or 17 that was one of the most fucked up things that ever happened to me. Me and a homie got up on this flat rooftop of what we thought was a closed down business and we were skating up there and smoking a little. We leave after about 15 or 20 minutes of hanging out and when we were skating at this gap that was just across the street from the building we were at.  We were there for maybe 5 minutes when a black crown Victoria speeds into the parking lot and a cop hoos out and yells "you motherfuckers get over here NOW. Me and my friend split up and take off. The cop chases after ME and finally he catches up to me when Im blocked off by a barbed wire fence, the cop throws me to the ground hard and kicks me in the ribs.  He demands that I give the name of my friend up and tell him where he lives and that if I don't some cocaine would "show up in my Pocket " . I try to convince him I had just met my  friend and I pretended to be scared enough for him to believe it. Turns out the "abandoned business" my friend and I were skating was property that the  police officer owned and used for storage. Someone he knew saw us skateboarding on the roof and called the officer who came looking for us. He was way to fucking mad for two kids skateboarding on his property. That's how I caught a criminal trespassing charge. Luckily I  was a minor so the record went away when I turned 18. If you are going to live in Tennessee move to Nashville or Chattanooga. They are much nicer. Memphis is the toilet bowl of the south.

benboardbreaker

• Rep: 51
« Reply #174 on: February 20, 2023, 02:36:51 PM »
Expand Quote
If I’m crossing a line by posting this mods can feel free to delete.. but I feel like this is about to blow up.  Long story short.. 5 black cops in Memphis have been fired for beating another black man to death. 

From what I’ve read, there’s video of the incident to be released, and the predicted outrage may rival the response to George Floyd’s killing.  I also saw in an article that Nichols was a skater, so I figured maybe some Memphis heads in here would’ve heard something about it?

Not looking to start any debates, just want to pay respect, wish the best to his loved ones, and hope that justice will be served.
[close]

I lived in Memphis from ages 14 - 17 and I can tell you that the police in Memphis are the worst and most crooked cops I ever had to deal with. I had an incident happen when I was 16 or 17 that was one of the most fucked up things that ever happened to me. Me and a homie got up on this flat rooftop of what we thought was a closed down business and we were skating up there and smoking a little. We leave after about 15 or 20 minutes of hanging out and when we were skating at this gap that was just across the street from the building we were at.  We were there for maybe 5 minutes when a black crown Victoria speeds into the parking lot and a cop hoos out and yells "you motherfuckers get over here NOW. Me and my friend split up and take off. The cop chases after ME and finally he catches up to me when Im blocked off by a barbed wire fence, the cop throws me to the ground hard and kicks me in the ribs.  He demands that I give the name of my friend up and tell him where he lives and that if I don't some cocaine would "show up in my Pocket " . I try to convince him I had just met my  friend and I pretended to be scared enough for him to believe it. Turns out the "abandoned business" my friend and I were skating was property that the  police officer owned and used for storage. Someone he knew saw us skateboarding on the roof and called the officer who came looking for us. He was way to fucking mad for two kids skateboarding on his property. That's how I caught a criminal trespassing charge. Luckily I  was a minor so the record went away when I turned 18. If you are going to live in Tennessee move to Nashville or Chattanooga. They are much nicer. Memphis is the toilet bowl of the south.

I believe you but almost sounds like fiction. That sounds like a fucked up place. He is the one that should have been jailed for such behavior and not the other way around. Sorry to hear that.

kook1234

• Rep: 132
« Reply #175 on: May 04, 2023, 10:50:43 AM »
Tyre Nichols' autopsy reveals brain injuries from blunt force trauma, attorneys say

The attorneys for the family of Tyre Nichols say the medical examiner's official autopsy report shows he died by injuries from blunt force trauma — which they say is "highly consistent" with their independent autopsy conducted in January.

The family of the 29-year-old who died after being beaten by Memphis police officers was briefed on his autopsy results Wednesday, nearly four months after his death.

The Shelby County, Tenn., District Attorney's Office has not yet released results from the autopsy to the public. The DA's office did not respond to NPR's immediate request for comment on the results.

"We know now what we knew then. Tyre Nichols died from blunt force trauma and the manner of death was homicide," attorneys Ben Crump and Antonio Romanucci said in a statement sent to NPR. "The official autopsy report further propels our commitment to seeking justice for this senseless tragedy."

Nichols died on Jan. 10, three days after he was stopped by Memphis police for what they called reckless driving. According to initial police reports, officers said Nichols fled the scene but eventually was taken into custody after two "confrontations" with officers.

Sponsor Message

Nichols had complained of shortness of breath following his arrest and was taken to the hospital in critical condition.

Five former Memphis police officers — Tadarrius Bean, Demetrius Haley, Emmitt Martin III, Desmond Mills Jr. and Justin Smith — were terminated by the department at the end of January. Each of the five terminated officers belonged to a team known as the SCORPION unit, which was deactivated soon after Nichols' death.

The five former officers each face several charges, including second-degree murder, aggravated assault, aggravated kidnapping, official misconduct and official oppression. All five officers have pleaded not guilty.

Like Nichols, all of the dismissed officers facing charges are Black.

The news of Nichols' autopsy results comes in the wake of Nichols' family filing a civil lawsuit against the city of Memphis, its police department and the individual officers involved in his death.

The 139-page lawsuit obtained by NPR describes the fatal beating as a "foreseeable product of the unconstitutional policies, practices, customs and deliberate indifference of the City of Memphis" and its police chief, Cerelyn "C.J." Davis.

The suit does not mention a specific dollar amount being sought by the Nichols family. However, Crump said during a news conference last month that the family is seeking $550 million in damages.

The City of Memphis declined to comment to NPR on the lawsuit when asked last month.

https://www.npr.org/2023/05/03/1173857299/tyre-nichols-autopsy-memphis-police

kook1234

• Rep: 132
« Reply #176 on: May 04, 2023, 10:56:56 AM »
I had no idea he was from Sacramento. I been here about 8 years. They had a huge thing for him at the skatepark

From late March:
The Sacramento City Council unanimously voted Tuesday to rename the Regency Community Skate Park to the Tyre Nichols Skate Park. Nichols, a Sacramento native, was an avid skateboarder and "spent numerous hours of his youth skating and building friendships there," according to the city's commission report.

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/30/1166850701/tyre-nichols-sacramento-renaming-skate-park

Lord Viper Scorpion