Poll

Who is lamer

Anti hero haters
97 (39.4%)
anti hero lovers
149 (60.6%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Author Topic: People who love anti hero vs people who hate anti hero  (Read 7663 times)

modern life is war

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -617
Re: People who love anti hero vs people who hate anti hero
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2023, 12:25:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
We just gonna ignore AHs past and present Collab with a billion dollar corporate empire? AH can play dumb but in the end they're the same as any other brand in the year 2023. They sell their decks in Zumiez. I get it, it's the cost of doing business. They talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

[img
width=400]https://di2ponv0v5otw.cloudfront.net/posts/2020/11/27/5fc1e19460fded42371c4428/m_5fc1e1b27ec30c57a6300f2b.jpg[/img]

[close]
Get those crusty ass panties off and unknot them, fucktard. Anti Hero doesn’t sell in Zumiez. Said billion dollar company has always been owned to some degree by the parent company (‘but Carlyle!’ Shut up queef bubble that was 2 years; 65 percent ‘blah blah blah they make missiles and kill ppl blah blah blah’ so what make a go fund me) of the most historically beloved footwear company in skateboarding history and doesn’t advertise as much as Nike, Vans, even Carharrt etc. Let adults wear their fucking teen/bowl troll cosplay in peace and let ppl make a living. You sound like an extra from the movie ‘Singles’ bitching about ‘selling out to the man’.
[close]

https://www.zumiez.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=anti+hero&kw=anti+hero

They definitely sell in Zumiez and all Vans chain locations. It's a fashion brand for high school aged girls right now right behind Thrasher.

That is bullshit, i've seen noob skaters wearing eagle logo hoodies and riding the boards but i've never seen anyone outside of skateboarding wear anti hero gear. They're not THAT far gone
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 704
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2023, 12:31:29 PM »
They definitely sell in Zumiez and all Vans chain locations. It's a fashion brand for high school aged girls right now right behind Thrasher.

That's all of skateboarding at this point and high school girls are likely cooler than us, which is as it should be.

Sure AH were 'edgy' at times and Julien is well read and interjects some social commentary from time to time but let's be fair, AH were never skateboarding's version of Crass.

I think this one is being over-thought.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2023, 12:44:43 PM »
I don't take pictures of high school aged girls, but I went to a local mall last week to go to the Apple Store. I had an AH hat on. Several high school aged males and females complemented me on my hat and/or were wearing your basic Eagle hoodie. This shit was trending well before the pandemic. It's insane to think that the current company is comparable to what it was even 10 years ago. Like it or not all the DLX brands are pretty damn mainstream. See also my barista this morning wearing a Krooked mermaid hoodie.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2023, 01:21:07 PM »
Damn didn't expect such a pushback on just pointing out something so obvious. DLX brands are everywhere. I'm not mad about it but to act like they're still some coveted brand that only select few wear and love is just not reality.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Richard Skidder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 410
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2023, 04:17:13 PM »
Anti-hero? Never heard of it.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2023, 08:27:58 PM »
I respect Anti-Hero as a brand, and DLX overall is amazing quality-wise. In general though, of their brands and their direction, I'm not really a big hesh-transistion guy even if I respect the brand and skaters they sponsor. I'm much more a fan of Krooked overall in art direction and the type of skating they present, as it's not bland like Real (despite Real's absolutely stacked superstar team), and I'm a huge fan of many of the skaters they've had over the years like Worrest, Cromer, Manderson, and Wastell. So, I guess call me someone who likes/respects Anti-Hero. They def were never a brand I went all-in on like Crail or Soverign Sect when I was growing up whose brands I found more relatable.

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -617
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2023, 09:38:07 PM »
I don't take pictures of high school aged girls, but I went to a local mall last week to go to the Apple Store. I had an AH hat on. Several high school aged males and females complemented me on my hat and/or were wearing your basic Eagle hoodie. This shit was trending well before the pandemic. It's insane to think that the current company is comparable to what it was even 10 years ago. Like it or not all the DLX brands are pretty damn mainstream. See also my barista this morning wearing a Krooked mermaid hoodie.

I'll have to take your word for it. That's fucked up lol
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?