Poll

Who is lamer

Anti hero haters
97 (39.4%)
anti hero lovers
149 (60.6%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Author Topic: People who love anti hero vs people who hate anti hero  (Read 7650 times)

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
Re: People who love anti hero vs people who hate anti hero
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2023, 03:24:46 PM »
Hellride!!!!!!!!!!!
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

modern life is war

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -617
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2023, 03:38:29 PM »
Expand Quote
I like their output and their new team except for Doobie, fuck doobie.
[close]

is that the new guy in their vid? I'm pretty behind on the times. what's good with him?

The helicopter
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2023, 04:01:02 PM »

Burnquist leaving AH:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icYNoM2YKjc

Making a decent living for yourself isn't hellride I guess

MtnDoucheBag

• Rep: -89
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2023, 04:28:54 PM »
Fred Gall

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2023, 04:40:31 PM »

Creature old heads are insane also
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2023, 06:59:37 PM »
Like it but don’t love it.

Still a solid brand that makes a good product. The sponsored dudes are sick but they have probably the corniest flow lackeys in the game.

There’s also like 2 types of antihero superfans. The annoying 40 year old guy in high socks who yells “yew” because you carved a bowl real fast. And the lowkey sick outdoorsy type, likes mountain biking and climbing but hates how classist those crowds are.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2023, 04:22:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
AH has been a joke ever since Hewitt filmed his first clip wearing nike

I wonder what kind of mental gymnastics julien has to do every day to justify supporting biggest shoe corpo on earth milking everything they can out of skating

He should force everyone to drop nike and get everyone on a contract with last resort where everyone would still have to pay for shoes

seriously if anyone cornered julien in an interview to ask him his thoughts on his riders wearing nike I would love to see his response

everyone has a price innit

Hell fuckin ride, one eight muthafuckas

Sent from my iPad
[close]
didn't bob gnar do something previously that was considered corporate? or is that what got him kicked off? hewitt did shitface which is the most antihero way to get kicked off nike.
[close]

i think bob was kicked off because of being in the x games?
[close]

Yes Julien confront him to choose AH or X Games.
And this was his biggest regret looking back as a Skateboard company owner.
Because he weight his own principles more then the needs of this friend.

This coud answer all of your questions concerning his mindsetting about Nike -
If your friend decide to get that Nike paycheck and do this olympics - what weight more:
your principles to be respected from others
or your friendship with them.

I really like Anti Hero - and its one of the few company i buy - because i am fine with
team, ownership, product, and aesthetics in general.
Coud it be better - yes for sure -  everyting coud be better. But i like it a lot.

But i definitely dont like the Anti Hero Clone Clowns who overpopulate any Bowl Skatepark.

I can totally understand this, and I think it’s an important grey area when dealing with a brand that professes to be ‘anti-corporate’ yet has riders with corporate sponsors. So that doesn’t really bother me.

What does bother me tho is that they went a step further and actually did collaborations with the biggest and shittiest (Nike, and Supreme while it was a Carlyle bitch) so they lost all respect and significance in my eyes. Just another hollow marketing gimmick.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2023, 08:41:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I wonder what kind of mental gymnastics julien has to do every day to justify supporting biggest shoe corpo on earth milking everything they can out of skating

He should force everyone to drop nike and get everyone on a contract with last resort where everyone would still have to pay for shoes

seriously if anyone cornered julien in an interview to ask him his thoughts on his riders wearing nike I would love to see his response

Sent from my iPad
[close]
didn't bob gnar do something previously that was considered corporate? or is that what got him kicked off? hewitt did shitface which is the most antihero way to get kicked off nike.
[close]

[close]

If your friend decide to get that Nike paycheck and do this olympics - what weight more:

I really like Anti Hero - and its one of the few company i buy - because i am fine with
Coud it be better - yes for sure -  everyting coud be better. But i like it a lot.

But i definitely dont like the Anti Hero Clone Clowns who overpopulate any Bowl Skatepark.
[close]

I can totally understand this, and I think it’s an important grey area when dealing with a brand that professes to be ‘anti-corporate’ yet has riders with corporate sponsors. So that doesn’t really bother me.

What does bother me tho is that they went a step further and actually did collaborations with the biggest and shittiest (Nike, and Supreme while it was a Carlyle bitch) so they lost all respect and significance in my eyes. Just another hollow marketing gimmick.
People can't eat off of clout. I understand that Anti Hero is anti corporate as fuck si it does go against what they initially professed. But let's be real would you tell Grant Taylor to fuck off because he rides Nikes? I feel they are being smart and collabing with big brands while still keeping it pretty low key (meaning they aren't sponsoring youtubers or street league). Its a smart thing to use huge companies to make money for yourself without having your companies image change that much

djoekr

• Rep: 290
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2023, 09:29:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Sent from my iPad
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
People can't eat off of clout. I understand that Anti Hero is anti corporate as fuck si it does go against what they initially professed. But let's be real would you tell Grant Taylor to fuck off because he rides Nikes? I feel they are being smart and collabing with big brands while still keeping it pretty low key (meaning they aren't sponsoring youtubers or street league). Its a smart thing to use huge companies to make money for yourself without having your companies image change that much

For some reason I always forget that Grant is sponsored by Monster.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -617
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2023, 11:45:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Sent from my iPad
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

For some reason I always forget that Grant is sponsored by Monster.

He definitely keeps it low key aside from being in their videos. He used to rep the logo more but now it seems rare to see him do it. Man's got a wife and kids and I doubt being a pro for AH would be that lucrative considering how many pros and former pros have had actual jobs alongside their AH sponsorships
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2023, 01:35:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Sent from my iPad
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Telling your riders they can’t have corporate sponsors would be keeping in line with brand-image. Negative view towards big corps in skating.

Letting your riders rock corporate brands is not keeping in line with brand image, but it doesn’t tarnish it that much either (considering everyone else is on Vans) it’s just kind of politically neutral.

Straight up collaborating with those huge, shitty brands is no longer neutral, it’s straight up embracing them and working together having your logo and shit on a company that used Chinese slave labor and a weapons manufacturer. You cannot get much further from your working-class brand image of sleeping in tents and forgoing the rest of the industry’s acceptance of unbridled corporate capitalism.

So yeah, I guess I’m on team ‘anti-hero is lame’
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2023, 01:54:39 PM »
Antihero is like monster magnet, iykyk

Puddy Smally

• Rep: 111
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2023, 02:05:22 PM »
Antihero is like monster magnet, iykyk

I kinda dig Monster Magnet more than I dig AH. AH gives me weird vibes.

I love Gerwer and GT is amazing. BA is a CT local so much love there, and I like Daan’s skating (although I think he’s been kind of mailing it in for how good he is).

Outside of those 4 I have a real hard time caring.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2023, 02:44:17 PM »
I was extremely hyped on the Cow era of AH and Fucktards. But mostly Cow. Julien, Cardiel, Burnquist, Sean Young, Brian Seber, Andy Roy, Tim Upson. Oh and TNT.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2023, 04:32:16 PM »
space lord motha fucka

Current Capeless

« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2023, 11:17:34 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO3jWPMm7q8

case closed i guess
the older guys doing shitty stuff 15 years ago is bad, but i guess they are grown up and sober
drunk skaters doing stupid shit in their teenage years, sounds familiar

edit: i forogt about doobie, bumbed he skates for them, have to buy more krooked boards than AH now

OneMore

• Rep: -3
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2023, 06:25:46 AM »
What's the Doobie guy doing wrong, I haven't been paying attention.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2023, 06:41:11 AM »
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

OneMore

• Rep: -3
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2023, 07:19:05 AM »
Thanks. I think it's one thing to make a mistake, but I'm sure at this point AH has a taste for the unfit and unacceptable. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Or something along those lines. Luckily, I haven't been inline with their brand image from the jump.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2023, 09:52:18 AM »
Nick Matthews should be on Krooked and Daan on real,and again, fuck doobie.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2023, 10:44:48 AM »
We just gonna ignore AHs past and present Collab with a billion dollar corporate empire? AH can play dumb but in the end they're the same as any other brand in the year 2023. They sell their decks in Zumiez. I get it, it's the cost of doing business. They talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2023, 11:10:05 AM »
We just gonna ignore AHs past and present Collab with a billion dollar corporate empire? AH can play dumb but in the end they're the same as any other brand in the year 2023. They sell their decks in Zumiez. I get it, it's the cost of doing business. They talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

All that is true but at least none of the DLX brands sell direct to consumers. Never been in a Zumiez but I imagine all the bigger brands are there no?

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2154
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2023, 11:19:21 AM »
Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Or something along those lines.
Fool me once, shame on me; fool me twice, shame on me a 2nd time!
Can’t believe I keep falling for all this “skateboarding is goofy fun” shit. I definitely need to take my pastime more seriously.

All hail Cardiel.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2023, 11:21:53 AM »

lol what is this post, are you really scandalized by antihero doing a collab with supreme? what makes that different than any other collab they've done?

Lhotse’s Pit of Death

• Rep: -379
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2023, 11:33:05 AM »

[img
width=400]https://di2ponv0v5otw.cloudfront.net/posts/2020/11/27/5fc1e19460fded42371c4428/m_5fc1e1b27ec30c57a6300f2b.jpg[/img]

Get those crusty ass panties off and unknot them, fucktard. Anti Hero doesn’t sell in Zumiez. Said billion dollar company has always been owned to some degree by the parent company (‘but Carlyle!’ Shut up queef bubble that was 2 years; 65 percent ‘blah blah blah they make missiles and kill ppl blah blah blah’ so what make a go fund me) of the most historically beloved footwear company in skateboarding history and doesn’t advertise as much as Nike, Vans, even Carharrt etc. Let adults wear their fucking teen/bowl troll cosplay in peace and let ppl make a living. You sound like an extra from the movie ‘Singles’ bitching about ‘selling out to the man’.

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2023, 11:43:16 AM »
AH is certainly not what it once was. When was the last time they even made a slightly edgy ad or t-shirt? Juliean use to post some gnarly social stuff on the AH IG feed. In recent times it just been almost generic skate clips (like every other company). The story feature is even worse, "look what shop has our boards in stock."  Yeah, the tough-guy thing was/is kind of obtuse, but I certainly miss the days of them pushing the envelope. All that said, I still ride the 8.25/14.38 grey eagle all the time...the 8.25/14.38 is the best DLX shape.
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

LebowskisRug

« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2023, 12:05:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[img
width=400]https://di2ponv0v5otw.cloudfront.net/posts/2020/11/27/5fc1e19460fded42371c4428/m_5fc1e1b27ec30c57a6300f2b.jpg[/img]

[close]
Get those crusty ass panties off and unknot them, fucktard. Anti Hero doesn’t sell in Zumiez. Said billion dollar company has always been owned to some degree by the parent company (‘but Carlyle!’ Shut up queef bubble that was 2 years; 65 percent ‘blah blah blah they make missiles and kill ppl blah blah blah’ so what make a go fund me) of the most historically beloved footwear company in skateboarding history and doesn’t advertise as much as Nike, Vans, even Carharrt etc. Let adults wear their fucking teen/bowl troll cosplay in peace and let ppl make a living. You sound like an extra from the movie ‘Singles’ bitching about ‘selling out to the man’.

https://www.zumiez.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=anti+hero&kw=anti+hero

They definitely sell in Zumiez and all Vans chain locations. It's a fashion brand for high school aged girls right now right behind Thrasher.

SmilingBoy

• Rep: 12
« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2023, 12:13:06 PM »
Yeah dude I heard all the non skating teens are carrying around sheets of Jessup as a fashion accessory.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2023, 12:16:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[img

[close]
[close]

https://www.zumiez.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=anti+hero&kw=anti+hero

They definitely sell in Zumiez and all Vans chain locations. It's a fashion brand for high school aged girls right now right behind Thrasher.

thats a going-to-hellride

BackToTheDIY

• Rep: 8
« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2023, 12:20:38 PM »
Like it but don’t love it.

Still a solid brand that makes a good product. The sponsored dudes are sick but they have probably the corniest flow lackeys in the game.

There’s also like 2 types of antihero superfans. The annoying 40 year old guy in high socks who yells “yew” because you carved a bowl real fast. And the lowkey sick outdoorsy type, likes mountain biking and climbing but hates how classist those crowds are.
Haha this is exactly it