Author Topic: Lf a better shoe for me.  (Read 741 times)

Dolphinpony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -8
  • i do not agree for slap magazine to selll my info
Lf a better shoe for me.
« on: March 07, 2023, 04:51:49 AM »
I used to take the insoles out of vulc shoes when I was 19 but now I'm 35 and I get heel bruises everyday. I need to feel my board tho, I love the 440 but it doesn't have great cushion.

Need a shoe w.
Really good Heel cushion
Medium/lite Padding
Preferably high/mid but anything is okay
I still need to feel my board tho so whatever it is has to be able to be broken in nice and flexy
The more sporty techy shoes like the tiagos aren't really my style and dunks are too expensive. Altho the all black 808s are sick they may be too comfy

Thanks

« Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 05:53:01 AM by Dolphinpony »
i do not agree for slap magazine to sell my person information to facebook or mark zuccerberg this is legally binding

Underpressureflips

• Rep: 41
Re: Lf a better shoe for me.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2023, 11:16:43 AM »
I used to take the insoles out of vulc shoes when I was 19 but now I'm 35 and I get heel bruises everyday. I need to feel my board tho, I love the 440 but it doesn't have great cushion.

Need a shoe w.
Really good Heel cushion
Medium/lite Padding
I still need to feel my board tho so whatever it is has to be able to be broken in nice and flexy
The more sporty techy shoes like the tiagos aren't really my style and dunks are too expensive. Altho the all black 808s are sick they may be too comfy

Thanks

I switch between fp and lunarlon insoles in 440. Works perfectly. 1010 is a great choice if you need lots of cushion.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2023, 11:33:29 AM »
I’m a huge advocate of the eS Caspian, which seems like it might fit your criteria. It’s a moderately padded vulc with a fancy insole (pretty sure it’s just eS-branded G6) so it’s like a best-of-both-worlds cup/vulc. Not too sporty, not too fashion-y. And you can usually find last season’s colors for super cheap, so it’s a low risk investment.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 677
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2023, 11:40:49 AM »
i always considered vans thinner shoes but lately they are acutally feeling on the thicker side to me , at least compared to Adidas, Cons, and NB. I would check out Vans with Pop Cush insoles. They offer so many pro models there is likely one you will enjoy. im not huge on the way flip tricks feel on Vans (i tend to ride the chunkier models - right now on the Chima's Ultra Cush and Half Cabs Pop Cush) but the pop cush slip ons my buddy wears look like they would be amazing for 3 flips.

I find Es shoes too chunky. too mcuh padding, can hardly feel the board. i dont fuck with Emerica, Etnies, or DC. I just feel like they aren't offering anything I care about anymore.

IpathCats

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2023, 12:12:52 PM »

Need a shoe w.
Really good Heel cushion
Medium/lite Padding

Thanks

If you love the 440 i would just try to find better insoles for it. That was my main grip witth those. A cupsole that felt less protective than most pro/skate vans.

Rowans are tight too

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2023, 12:22:38 PM »
Hard to say.... I had to take off my 440's mid sesh and switch to some half cabs I had in my trunk. I loved the looks but damn they hurt my feet. I gave them to my friend and he shows up the next day just as happy as can be saying the 440 is the most comfortable shoes he's ever skated. I think I'm going to go back to some Etnies Marana's. I still love the AVE's. I skate in a 9.5 and have some chillers that i wear to work in 10's. Booth feel fine to me.  The Rowans rub my ankle bone weirdly. 

Lo-fi Explosion

• Rep: 7
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2023, 01:48:55 AM »
Adidas puig indoor
Check the lateral cuts in the reviews of weartested.com

eSK3

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2023, 02:33:41 AM »
The 1010 or 808 is the answer. You can pull them off don’t be shy. Your feet, knees and lower back will thank you.

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2023, 07:31:33 AM »
Adidas Tyshawn Mids work great for me. I switched from Vans vulcs to them and the transition period of getting used to them was super minimal in my experience.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2023, 08:56:55 AM »
Adidas Tyshawn Mids work great for me. I switched from Vans vulcs to them and the transition period of getting used to them was super minimal in my experience.

Another vote here for Tyshawn Mids