Author Topic: Nine Club having hard times getting decent guests  (Read 10757 times)

mooraga

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
Re: Nine Club having hard times getting decent guests
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2023, 06:08:46 AM »
Assuming this is true is it really that surprising? They've been going for 7 years on what looks like a pretty minimal budget. Most shows would of had to pivot by now. (Who knows what's happening with the Berrics so maybe there's a pivot in the future)

thats what worries me

By now almost every english speaking skater knows about the nine club, but the format its getting old, people its losing interest (even myself) and we havent seen them grow in a long time.
It sad to realize that the most known skate show ever, in charge of legit recognized pro skaters IN LA, its actually seen by a group so small of people (in youtube parameters) that no big brand has poured money into it in years (or ever?), not even MONSTER OR REDBULL?.

the nine club its sentenced to die (in audience terms) if they dont make changes
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 06:16:11 AM by mooraga »

marty mcfly

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2023, 06:12:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Perhaps Nora putting them  on blast is starting to have repercussions?
[close]

what did she say ??
[close]

You guys won’t show number 12465 of my kickflip bs desaster?you suck!
Probably something like that or something else totally annoying,cause she’s totally annoying! ::)
[close]

Or something actually decent, like calling them out over the O-Blow Gator shit and asking them to remove her interview..
[close]

I don’t really think people would use this as a reason.
Especially in an industry that loves to cover up things.
Maybe im wrong tho.
I think all interesting people (except for a few) were already on and don’t want to make a second show, because they already told everything interesting in the first one.the nine club is a show with an expiry date.
[close]

You are wrong. idk why you type so much when you dont know what the fuck you're talking about lmao
[close]
So tell us the truth
[close]

Hey Marty, why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?
[close]
Oh The next nora fanboy?you don’t want me here?i don’t care!feel free to kook!
[close]

nah i'm just a better BTTF fan than you
Oh shit you’re right…you got me there ;)

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2023, 06:13:09 AM »
just stop crying and watch the bunt

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2023, 06:25:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Assuming this is true is it really that surprising? They've been going for 7 years on what looks like a pretty minimal budget. Most shows would of had to pivot by now. (Who knows what's happening with the Berrics so maybe there's a pivot in the future)
[close]

thats what worries me

By now almost every english speaking skater knows about the nine club, but the format its getting old, people its losing interest (even myself) and we havent seen them grow in a long time.
It sad to realize that the most known skate show ever, in charge of legit recognized pro skaters IN LA, its actually seen by a group so small of people (in youtube parameters) that no big brand has poured money into it in years (or ever?), not even MONSTER OR REDBULL?.

the nine club its sentenced to die (in audience terms) if they dont make changes
I already mostly stopped watching in 2018 or something because it was just like what could any skaters say at this point that other skaters haven't. Obvs yes a lot but I don't want to sit thru a 2-3 hour interview hoping something comes up.
They already do a board setup thing I can see them doing basically the same but with specifics like explain the design of a pro shoe, video part commentary, top ten lists etc. Basically what transworld already was doing lol
Maybe they figure if they get a big sponsor like red bull it will put off more people than it attracts.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -168
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2023, 06:31:13 AM »
They’ve already interviewed anyone worth interviewing and those who haven’t been interviewed yet probably won’t. Jim T would be such a cool interview but honestly if u haven’t been in the industry for your entire life wtf are u going to talk about? Interviewing someone who is getting put on because they have 100k IG followers but no knowledge or experience in skate culture is just boring. Skateboarding is so boring

there have been plenty of bunt interviews with people that have only been around a few years that were plenty entertaining
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

TheDingus

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2023, 06:33:24 AM »
Maybe people like Jim t and koston don’t want to sit down and talk about themselves for 2 hours? If there’s any failing here it’s that they put out too much shit. And when you put out too much shit it’s get watered down.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2023, 06:39:55 AM »
maybe skateboarders aren't that interesting. There's only a handful of "icons" what do they do when they get all of them? What's next?

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2023, 06:41:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Perhaps Nora putting them  on blast is starting to have repercussions?
[close]

what did she say ??
[close]

You guys won’t show number 12465 of my kickflip bs desaster?you suck!
Probably something like that or something else totally annoying,cause she’s totally annoying! ::)
[close]

Or something actually decent, like calling them out over the O-Blow Gator shit and asking them to remove her interview..
[close]

I don’t really think people would use this as a reason.
Especially in an industry that loves to cover up things.
Maybe im wrong tho.
I think all interesting people (except for a few) were already on and don’t want to make a second show, because they already told everything interesting in the first one.the nine club is a show with an expiry date.
[close]

You are wrong. idk why you type so much when you dont know what the fuck you're talking about lmao
[close]
So tell us the truth
[close]

Hey Marty, why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?
[close]
Oh The next nora fanboy?you don’t want me here?i don’t care!feel free to kook!

How embarrassing for you.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2023, 07:12:30 AM »
You guys are weird

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2023, 07:17:50 AM »
Remember when they got Gary Vee on the show lol

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2023, 07:22:45 AM »
Maybe people like koston don’t want to sit down and talk about themselves for 2 hours?

During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2023, 07:35:41 AM »
Last week's guest Beagle backs this up, as a returning guest (stop & chat) in a Monday slot shows and proves their struggling for new guest's.  Perhaps Nora putting them on blast is starting to have repercussions?

Beagles never been on the show in person just over a zoom call for that stop and chat. And why complain about having him a second time? It was a good episode.  The show is what is, I like hearing most of the stories. The last one with Tim Curren wasn’t bad either. I’m not sure what you all expect to get from a podcast like this. The interviews are mostly worth watching. The experience can be little bit flaky but still entertaining, I like when they argue about stupid stuff.

newMe

• Rep: 16
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2023, 07:43:03 AM »
Here's some guest ideas:

Sean Sheffey
Antoine Asselin
Rick Howard
Chris Pfanner
Alex Moul
Fabian Alomar
Forrest Kirby

fernando the skater

• Rep: 88
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2023, 07:45:32 AM »
Here's some guest ideas:

Sean Sheffey
Antoine Asselin
Rick Howard
Chris Pfanner
Alex Moul
Fabian Alomar
Forrest Kirby

Duane Peters

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2023, 07:46:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Last week's guest Beagle backs this up, as a returning guest (stop & chat) in a Monday slot shows and proves their struggling for new guest's.  Perhaps Nora putting them on blast is starting to have repercussions?
[close]

Beagles never been on the show in person just over a zoom call for that stop and chat. And why complain about having him a second time? It was a good episode.  The show is what is, I like hearing most of the stories. The last one with Tim Curren wasn’t bad either. I’m not sure what you all expect to get from a podcast like this. The interviews are mostly worth watching. The experience can be little bit flaky but still entertaining, I like when they argue about stupid stuff.

https://youtu.be/ChglisNZsxw

You didn't search very hard

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2023, 07:49:49 AM »
What, the Tom Curran episode isn't doing it for you!?

I'm just kidding, I'm sure he's a nice guy.

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2023, 07:52:06 AM »
maybe skateboarders aren't that interesting. There's only a handful of "icons" what do they do when they get all of them? What's next?
I highly doubt it, some are, but alot of them are really well traveled and seen a bunch. for a good interview you actually need to do some research and ask proper questions, the only Nine Club episodes i liked were with people who are natural story tellers (or ego maniacs like vallely). imagine it was like a CBI interview but filmed.
Right now i feel is that apart from access to great skaters and having a great studio the Nine Club doesnt really offer anything new or interesting. Keep Kelly and Roger and bring some skaters that actually care about skating and it would be way better.
The Bunt often has interviews with young skaters i barely even know and its still entertaining most of the time

KGB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2023, 07:57:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

https://youtu.be/ChglisNZsxw

You didn't search very hard

You’re right lol I didn’t search at all. I also forgot about the part where he said Murdy was right there on the table once. Oh well, it was still a good episode.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -511
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2023, 08:05:11 AM »
Don’t think that they’ve had Burnett, but maybe he won’t go if he doesn’t get to pick the questions.  I assume a bunch of people like him won’t come if they’re gonna talk about the elephant in the room.

TheWineClub

• Rep: 38
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2023, 08:10:25 AM »
They’ve put all their focus on the experience show which is even more boring and repetitive than the regular show. Also I’m pretty sure people have said no to being on the show so all the people the fans are waiting for the get on will probably never be on.

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2023, 08:16:21 AM »
Don’t think that they’ve had Burnett, but maybe he won’t go if he doesn’t get to pick the questions.  I assume a bunch of people like him won’t come if they’re gonna talk about the elephant in the room.
nine club rarely ask about any elephants in any rooms, Chris Roberts is hardly fucking Paxman and doubt he'd wanna piss off Thrasher

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -617
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2023, 08:17:34 AM »
Feels like all the people we really wanna see in a podcast are too core for the nine club at this point, especially after all the weirdos and non skaters they've had on recently.

Bunt had Tony T and Phelps on the show even if they did both act like they were too cool for it so there's still hope to see more of that crowd on the bunt I guess.

Mark G has an old interview where he says he hates talking about skateboarding because it takes the magic away from it, doubt we'll ever see him on any podcast. Doubt he would be able to hold a conversation for that long anyway.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

headtowall

• Rep: -13
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2023, 08:22:07 AM »
maybe I'm a weirdo but i like the random industry people interviews

HisNameIsntWarren

• Rep: 48
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2023, 08:25:47 AM »
Love the nine club. Y’all been whining about the same stuff for years. We know what to expect from them so I don’t see how anyone can be let down considering how consistent their formula is. Every now and then the show hits for whatever reason (Kelly Bird, TJ Rogers) and I look forward to that.

There’s definitely been some whatever guests in the past few months but that’s to be expected. But in terms of “icons” though, they’ve gotten Dyrdek, Mike McGill, Markovich, Frankie Hill, and Henry Sanchez in the past 6 months. I’d say that’s not too shabby.

Welcome to the OC bitch! This is how it’s done in Orange County.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2023, 08:30:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
nine club rarely ask about any elephants in any rooms, Chris Roberts is hardly fucking Paxman and doubt he'd wanna piss off Thrasher

Also Kelly is heavily affiliated with berries and street league…and steezuz didnt he get his start on berries too.  I also agree Crob would just pander bear to Burnett

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2023, 08:41:06 AM »
They definitely set the bar too high by scoring the icons early. The show just needs to think outside of the box once in a while, maybe have a panel discussion where a few guests have opposing viewpoints about skate topics; or guests with wildly varied experiences in the industry just debating something.

A huge issue I noticed early on was that a guest typically commits to 5 hours in the studio, which then gets edited to a still-bloated 2-3 hour interview. I understand that the boys don't want to edit too much because it'll hurt the flow of the conversation, but Crob's transitions are so unprofessional anyway (Guest: "and that's when I found out my mom had cancer" Crob: "Was that before or after the CASL contest?") they could easily afford to trim 50% more. It's still shocking to me that, with skaters' attention spans being what they are, The Nine Club doesn't just break the longer interviews into multiple parts and air them separately.

Basically, the Nine Club is as self-indulgent as this reply about The Nine Club so I'll just shut up now.

streetmeat

• Rep: 172
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2023, 09:07:51 AM »
i feel like a huge problem is they brush off any sort of criticism/suggestion as 'oh well there will always be shit talkers out there...but our ol buddies are out here donating $500 super-chats every week!'. almost every experience show they have some sort of idea that takes them out of the studio and on to the street and they say 'damn...we should actually go do that, that would be fun' and its something that would actually get views but they never do it. they have 100% funneled themselves into too strict of a schedule. (i say all this even as a subscriber)

Ankle_Lift

• Rep: 77
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2023, 09:18:14 AM »
The nine should just be Chris Roberts sitting there talking to himself going, "oh wow! Cool! Now way! Wow! Wow!" for two hours.

That would only me marginally worse than how the show normally is.

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2023, 09:21:18 AM »
I’m good with the stop and chats as long as it covers new material. Maybe beagle had new info but I highly doubt it, skipped the ep because I can’t stand that guy.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2023, 09:22:05 AM »
Also I think some skaters just don't like being in front of a camera. Every time I see the behind the scenes, I realize how much production is put into this. Even I'd be kind of weirded out on how I talk with that many cameras rolling.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!