Author Topic: REAL Presents "Three Seasons" Video  (Read 7808 times)

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1095
Re: REAL Presents "Three Seasons" Video
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2023, 09:28:39 AM »
I don't recall seeing or reading anyone who hates Real Skateboards, I just think most people are sort of indifferent to the decks themselves due to the pretty bland graphics. Seems like a fair enough criticism to me; if you buy decks because you like the graphics and Real is still trying to get you to buy their oval they designed in 1992, that might be a turn-off.

And I don't think I've ever encountered a single person with a bad thing to say about their team.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Fongstarr.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2023, 10:37:02 AM »
I thought these looked pretty cool in their latest drop. I know it's a little to fin art looking but the artist did a good job.

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

ashthrower

• Rep: -11
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2023, 11:32:52 AM »
patrick praman is amazing, jerry hsu inspo in some of his shit? maybe im tripping

he's really next up

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2023, 11:59:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
TvV can just will any insane trick into existence. I don't think I've ever seen anyone else who can skate the way he skates.
[close]
Absolutely agree.  I thought his last part was bonkers too, it didn't get nearly the love it deserved on Slap I felt.

[close]

Even his first video on Real was awesome. But this video is just so good.

What was his first video part for Real? I knew he was on and assumed he had some footage, but didn’t pay much attention to him before the TVV part and was blown away. So if I missed some big intro part, I definitely want to see it!

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2023, 01:28:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
TvV can just will any insane trick into existence. I don't think I've ever seen anyone else who can skate the way he skates.
[close]
Absolutely agree.  I thought his last part was bonkers too, it didn't get nearly the love it deserved on Slap I felt.

[close]

Even his first video on Real was awesome. But this video is just so good.

[close]

What was his first video part for Real? I knew he was on and assumed he had some footage, but didn’t pay much attention to him before the TVV part and was blown away. So if I missed some big intro part, I definitely want to see it!

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2023, 04:32:24 PM »
Sick - thanks!

I remember seeing that photo of the front 3 so maybe I saw it on IG and then never watched the part (or I’ve just forgotten it). The tweak on it is insane!

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2023, 03:48:33 PM »
Patrick Praman gave us the part we all wanted from Lem Villemin. This video was gnar gnar.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

LebowskisRug

« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2023, 07:56:01 PM »
There's nothing bad about Real's team but they don't really have a team identity these days other than "we are all good". All these dudes in this video are insane, but it feels like they're slowly transitioning to a less corny Primitive super team type setup.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2023, 08:32:04 PM »
Patrick Praman gave us the part we all wanted from Lem Villemin. This video was gnar gnar.

Lem Villemin's Diagonal part was so good but he never had the career I thought he was going to have.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Roy Machine

• Rep: -5
« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2023, 03:39:23 AM »
That was a treat all around. Didn’t want it to end.

Gage does the „basics“ with style and power and I love skaters who do that. Also he is a regular and fakie guy and those are always the best.

Praman looks so good on and off the board. Stylish dude all around.

Tanner is so talented god damn. Imagine having his board control. When beach house started to play I knew that I will love this part.

On a side note. Comparing one skater to another just because they have a similar ethnical background is the lamest shit on slap

Nowadays I purely skate real boards because of the wood and shape but you are right the graphics always bother me a little bit. But in the end it’s usability over design for me when it comes to boards

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2023, 10:19:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Lem Villemin's Diagonal part was so good but he never had the career I thought he was going to have.

I rocked Campus Vulc Mids for like 2 or 3 years after that part came out. Lem’s Diagonal part had a HUGE influence on 16 year old me lol, wouldn’t be surprised if Pat Praman took influence from him as well.

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 27
« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2023, 11:37:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I rocked Campus Vulc Mids for like 2 or 3 years after that part came out. Lem’s Diagonal part had a HUGE influence on 16 year old me lol, wouldn’t be surprised if Pat Praman took influence from him as well.

Lem never had the motivation it needs to make a career in skateboarding - making it in the states. He was / still is super talented- but loved to chill in stuttgart with the homies/ family playing video games and poker.
Skated over period of two years 15-20 times with him the same spot / park during his peak being the new kid on chocolate.
He always was just chilling - show absolutely no motivation. But as soon he steps on the board - he make everyone around  to stop and watch - without trying. On of the few guys who gave me Tom Penny vibes. Skateboarding was to easy to him to get his full attention.

lurker_and_poster

« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2023, 12:27:34 PM »
I said that before - an can’t stop - I am a real fan since  day one. Yes they had some boring board designs over the last decades- but they improve little the last years -and if you see the whole output - they had some real classics.
Team is packed with greatness - Busenitz and Ishod is always a pleasure. And Tanner - I am again a Fan since he is a kid - and this part was so incredible- but I coud imagine he is not reaching everyone with his style / trick selection.
But we can’t praise enough Praman. Just shocked. watched the part 10 times, may you call me to early,  but I think we see a new future SOTY raising.

He got everything - the look, smile style, trick selection, speed, hucking, rails and he make everything look exciting. Don’t want to compare - but we coud compare with the Great skate gods - and he woud not fail.

citycity

• Rep: -97
« Reply #103 on: February 02, 2023, 01:58:10 AM »
I agree w above. Kid will
Get SOTY this year. He has it

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2023, 09:22:31 AM »

lurker_and_poster

« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2023, 11:04:20 AM »
Superb - love to watch the session / progress of getting the tricks.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2023, 05:35:54 PM »

Sick. Foy coming in with the secret rail tool was funny, cool to see Malto clips as well!

ralf_

• Rep: -36
  • yo
« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2023, 06:05:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Sick. Foy coming in with the secret rail tool was funny, cool to see Malto clips as well!

malto talked a bit about jumping on that tour for a few days in his new stop and chat thing.
loved the good vibes. big ups to all o em
fun fun fun

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • old and in the way
« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2023, 07:23:47 PM »

even Patrick Praman's slams are stylish and graceful wtf
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 02:30:38 PM by funeral_tuxedo »

assvogel

• Rep: 195
« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2023, 11:13:30 PM »
It blows my mind how damn good people are these days. But I think Patrick Praman has something even more, great style, great tricks and raw talent. So sick.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1170
« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2023, 07:57:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Lem never had the motivation it needs to make a career in skateboarding - making it in the states. He was / still is super talented- but loved to chill in stuttgart with the homies/ family playing video games and poker.
Skated over period of two years 15-20 times with him the same spot / park during his peak being the new kid on chocolate.
He always was just chilling - show absolutely no motivation. But as soon he steps on the board - he make everyone around  to stop and watch - without trying. On of the few guys who gave me Tom Penny vibes. Skateboarding was to easy to him to get his full attention.

lovin the Lem appreciation

hardly art, hardly starving

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • ow
« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2023, 08:22:37 AM »
Big fan of this clip.

streetmeat

• Rep: 170
« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2023, 09:06:21 AM »

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2023, 03:04:15 PM »

Praman’s in good company with the trick selection. I am mostly partial to Van Vark at this time. His energy is like a skatepark grom all grown up but not in a weird way. Frickin tornado.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2023, 08:09:31 PM »

Praman’s in good company with the trick selection.
+ Muska on the Venice Beach hubba
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2023, 11:17:55 AM »
Expand Quote

Praman’s in good company with the trick selection.
[close]
+ Muska on the Venice Beach hubba

Forgot about that. Such a sick one!

The Mexican Nancy Chin

« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2023, 08:26:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

lovin the Lem appreciation

His away days part is great as well. Backside flip down the triple set looked so good. He was one my favorite styles. Cool to other people are still hyped on him.