Author Topic: Slap Book Club: Like Reading Rainbow but with Sk8ers  (Read 3140 times)

323-BALM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 46
Re: Slap Book Club: Like Reading Rainbow but with Sk8ers
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2023, 02:58:49 PM »
I tried to read Blood Meridian long ago, probably only made it to chapter 3 myself!

yes the man said. they killed another indian and ten more indians. uh oh the kid said. what the man said. there is another indian over there. the head of the indian exploded then. too bad the man said. the man walked on. the kid followed the man.

I found it unreadable. Good luck to all...

Checking in for the next title.

You've clearly never smelled a cauliflower fart.

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2023, 04:58:25 PM »
I'm re-reading Blood Meridian because it was so damn good.

If anyone still wants to do this book club I think we should do a short story or essay next instead of a whole book.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2023, 09:15:53 PM »
Blood Meridian was great. Read it like 5 years ago, and translated the spanish I didn't know with google translate to get the whole story.

I used to read a book or two a month but 2 years and some months at this job its been hard to get intersted in my usual working my way through all of Steinbeck, so I went for a biography I have been wanting to read.

If anyone wants to read it, I started it last night, its "The Last Season" and I'm down to talk about it. I know it's going to be sad but I haven't read about the guy yet, I will when the book is done. It's about a Ranger in Yosemite valley that volunteered as seasonal. You live on site in the wilderness for like 6 months. Its like his 39th year, and he has major depression and he's already sounding like this is it in this first chapter. Theres a huge search for him as he goes missing and thats all I know.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2023, 03:55:01 PM »

quaintly

• Rep: 11
« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2023, 04:30:35 PM »
Sorry . I bailed out - didn’t like it . Well written , just wasn’t for me .

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1194
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #95 on: December 11, 2023, 06:25:07 AM »
I know I bailed out on our first book so no one has any reason to believe I’ll follow through on this one, but with that disclaimer out of the way,

If anyone feels like reading through (or just talk about) Infinite Jest with me, I just started reading it for the first time.  I’m curious to see if it lives up to the hype.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.