Author Topic: advice for the lazy skateboarder  (Read 1043 times)

my bad cuh

advice for the lazy skateboarder
« on: January 30, 2023, 07:38:31 AM »
recently ive noticed that i dont suck as badly as i think i do, im just really lazy and dont really "try" super hard and usually bust my ass as a result
for starters i should be skating a lot more than i do, but this winter has prevented me from doing so. do i really just need to go faster??? or is there more to life

biaherl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 264
    • Why So Sad avatar image
Re: advice for the lazy skateboarder
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 10:36:06 AM »
If you're not doing kick flips in your basement or using broom handles as pretend flat bars then I don't know what to tell you?

Maybe you're not a skater?

Not that there's anything wrong with that

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -298
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2023, 11:31:10 AM »
As ive gotten older ive come to terms with the fact that I need to be inspired to skate, I used to force it in my younger years, but since those days are behind me I enjoy my time on the board way more, and finish a session way more satisfied than if I was to force it like I used to.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2023, 11:45:09 AM »
if you just find spots that are easy for you to hit then its not really a chore to get out. like for me to just go slap a curb at lunch time really aint shit, like fuck man i dont evne have to pop the tail. can have a beer even and listen to some tunes. it really is not a chore for me at all to go session, its something i look forward to every day. i think you need to re-evaluate what makes you happy in life.

i bought a flat bar recently that is basically just a metal parking curb, just so i have sometihng easy to sesh any time any place. it takes such minimal effort, i could be completely exhausted, hungover, whatever, and i could still pull a back board on it no problem.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2023, 08:40:57 AM »
I’d hit you with a great answer but I just really don’t feel like it right now.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

switchfakie

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2023, 02:53:33 PM »
watch some videos that you know get you juiced to skate pre-sesh

works for me sometimes

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2023, 10:02:09 PM »
Just focus all your energy on one obstacle in the park or streets and get really good at it so people won't realise you suck at everything else

Better to be really good at one thing than really average at everything imo
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

my bad cuh

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2023, 05:30:37 AM »
i was NOT clear enough about being lazy while on the actual skateboard was i
my bad
i meant do yall have advice to kind of pace myself a little? will going faster help me make it off taller drops for example? i never commit to stuff, kind of just toss myself at stuff and im wondering if its really just the fact that im going slow or what

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2023, 08:58:03 AM »
my bad
i meant do yall have advice to kind of pace myself a little? will going faster help me make it off taller drops for example? i never commit to stuff, kind of just toss myself at stuff and im wondering if its really just the fact that im going slow or what

How much of your skating is consumed by going off tall drops?
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

my bad cuh

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2023, 09:54:49 AM »
Expand Quote
my bad
[close]

How much of your skating is consumed by going off tall drops?
about 33% but i scared myself last week when i slammed on something knee high and am now questioning my ability to roll off of things

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2023, 07:44:13 PM »
even if i dont feel like skating but its nice out i'll go out and do a bunch of slappies cause it takes no effort at all, sometimes when u do enough back to back and start feeling warmed up you'll think "hmmm maybe i do feel like skating after all"