Author Topic: AM Scramble 2022  (Read 7515 times)

funeral_tuxedo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • old and in the way
Re: AM Scramble 2022
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2023, 05:07:12 PM »
Love to see people skate Boston. I was really hoping for a bunch of clips at the JFK fountain but I'm guessing that the water hadn't been drained yet. My favorites were Patrick Praman, Nick Matthews, Rob Pace (who I wasn't familiar with), Brian Reid, and Kieran Wooley.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2023, 12:56:09 AM »
if I recall, Dave Bachinsky had a trick at the spot Dylan frontside flipped. I think it may have been a hard flip?

yes

https://issuu.com/focusskatemag/docs/focus_11-01_issuu

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2023, 09:56:23 AM »
Expand Quote
if I recall, Dave Bachinsky had a trick at the spot Dylan frontside flipped. I think it may have been a hard flip?
[close]

yes

https://issuu.com/focusskatemag/docs/focus_11-01_issuu

Yep. There it is... Damn I miss Focus.

fried

• Rep: 52
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2023, 10:49:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Why is Nick still am?
[close]

Strange that Nick and Praman are still considered ams considering they released full length parts within the last year.
[close]
He’s been am for Krooked, Chocolate, Quasi, and AH, but hopefully this finally gets his name on a board. He’s been better than most pros for years now.
[close]

You mean flow? He wasn't am for any of those companies, and I'm still not sure he is officially on AH either or just in the 'mix'.
[close]

He says he's on AH in the other video

[close]

"Hell yeah. So again, not to gossip, but you were riding Antihero boards on the trip. Is it safe to assume you’re a prospect?
Yeah. I mean, I’m actually on the Antihero trip right now.

How will we know if you’re on the team or not?
I don’t know. I guess we’ll see how this trip goes."

https://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/am-scramble-interview-nick-matthews/

Im confused by this. Antihero hasn’t posted anything of Nick on their Instagram. Actually I don’t think they even follow him.

Also he wasn’t featured in the latest ad, but finn and Gus both were. Seems like they are both on, and nick is “flow”

MichaelJacksonsGhost

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Rep: 44
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2023, 10:57:44 AM »
This is what I imagine AI-edited videos to look like.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 881
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2023, 10:59:48 AM »

Here pick a caption

http://4plymag.com/thrashergenerator/

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2023, 11:24:06 AM »
Rob Pace looks like a hesh Jack O'Grady, with a blonde mustache.

thebacker

« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2023, 11:57:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Here pick a caption

holy shit this is amazing

"Beers and vibes at Hollywood 16. Throw Maité in the mix handling business and all is well in the world. Cheers New Balance, keep ‘em coming."

"In a special interview brought to you by Monster Energy, Wes talks openly about having buck-wild struggles with not being able to spell. You'll hear how an unexpected visit from Gonz provided the motivation to turn it around."

"DGK honors Tony Hawk in this special recap video featuring TNT, Dennis Busenitz, and Ishod."

"Leticia introduces Gifted Hater's legendary 2007 part for Adidas in the latest installment of Thrasher Classics. That switch varial kick still has us shitting yourself years later."

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2023, 01:07:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Why is Nick still am?
[close]

Strange that Nick and Praman are still considered ams considering they released full length parts within the last year.
[close]
He’s been am for Krooked, Chocolate, Quasi, and AH, but hopefully this finally gets his name on a board. He’s been better than most pros for years now.
[close]

You mean flow? He wasn't am for any of those companies, and I'm still not sure he is officially on AH either or just in the 'mix'.
[close]

[close]

"Hell yeah. So again, not to gossip, but you were riding Antihero boards on the trip. Is it safe to assume you’re a prospect?

[close]

Im confused by this. Antihero hasn’t posted anything of Nick on their Instagram. Actually I don’t think they even follow him.

Also he wasn’t featured in the latest ad, but finn and Gus both were. Seems like they are both on, and nick is “flow”

Haha yeah wtf. Anti hero is blowing it if they don't seal the deal real soon. The hype for this guy is only growing.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2023, 02:01:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Here pick a caption

[close]
holy shit this is amazing

"Beers and vibes at Hollywood 16. Throw Maité in the mix handling business and all is well in the world. Cheers New Balance, keep ‘em coming."

"In a special interview brought to you by Monster Energy, Wes talks openly about having buck-wild struggles with not being able to spell. You'll hear how an unexpected visit from Gonz provided the motivation to turn it around."

"DGK honors Tony Hawk in this special recap video featuring TNT, Dennis Busenitz, and Ishod."

"Leticia introduces Gifted Hater's legendary 2007 part for Adidas in the latest installment of Thrasher Classics. That switch varial kick still has us shitting yourself years later."

"Flipping in and out like a bat out of hell, Mango gets buck across Down Under’s most desired locales. This one'll get you hyped to skate."

The AI is getting too powerful!!!

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2023, 08:33:58 PM »
LOL okay, this video rules but I have a real dum story.

Patrick Praman is from a nearby town, and he's always been good as fuck. Cool dude too.
Let's take it back to summer 2012. Homies and I are headed to the local - we used to get very stoned before skating back then, and this day was no exception. We loop on the way and pull up. Lots of cars in the parking lot - we're like what? Of course we had no idea there was a Goofy vs Regular competition going on that day. But we figured fuck it lets stick around.
So we're chillin in the parking lot, sneaking around some smokes, sneaking in runs during warmups etc, and eventually I'm like "I'm gonna enter and just fucking suck super hard" and everyone's like hahah fuck yeah. So I decide on the pseudonym Timtom and enter. Dude at the check in desk gave me the once over and just shrugged like "fuck it". Pretty lame - wouldn't do it again, but we were the locals and had to spoof it.
As it turns out, they're doing 1 on 1 qualifying heats. Kids came from all the neighboring towns to try and get a shot. Homies and I are getting pretty pumped, like this could only go awfully and we're psyched. Announcer calls the number for my heat. I get out on the park and pick my starting point. Announcer is like "alright everyone we have this heat with..... Timtom..." and all the homies yell TIMTOMMMMM, and then I look to my right and my competitor is Patrick. Patrick is announced and they start the music. I felt real stupid at that point but I had to go through with the act. Patrick looks at me like you fuckin cunt hahaha, but it was all in good fun. I made sure to stay out his way cause he was really going for it.
Anyway he smoked me, and I didn't advance but that's no surprise. Timtom was a flop - my tricks included a couple bonelesses, a bunch of bertlemans, some laybacks and a handful of synchronized swimming type kickturns. Patrick was doing back noseblunts, big switch heelflips and shit. I don't recall if he won that day, but he definitely won in life. And that rules.
It was great. The stupid memories that make you smile at night. What a lovely summer day.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1929
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2023, 09:20:48 PM »

Patrick Praman is from a nearby town, and he's always been good as fuck. Cool dude too.
Let's take it back to summer 2012. Homies and I are headed to the local - we used to get very stoned before skating back then, and this day was no exception. We loop on the way and pull up. Lots of cars in the parking lot - we're like what? Of course we had no idea there was a Goofy vs Regular competition going on that day. But we figured fuck it lets stick around.
So we're chillin in the parking lot, sneaking around some smokes, sneaking in runs during warmups etc, and eventually I'm like "I'm gonna enter and just fucking suck super hard" and everyone's like hahah fuck yeah. So I decide on the pseudonym Timtom and enter. Dude at the check in desk gave me the once over and just shrugged like "fuck it". Pretty lame - wouldn't do it again, but we were the locals and had to spoof it.
As it turns out, they're doing 1 on 1 qualifying heats. Kids came from all the neighboring towns to try and get a shot. Homies and I are getting pretty pumped, like this could only go awfully and we're psyched. Announcer calls the number for my heat. I get out on the park and pick my starting point. Announcer is like "alright everyone we have this heat with..... Timtom..." and all the homies yell TIMTOMMMMM, and then I look to my right and my competitor is Patrick. Patrick is announced and they start the music. I felt real stupid at that point but I had to go through with the act. Patrick looks at me like you fuckin cunt hahaha, but it was all in good fun. I made sure to stay out his way cause he was really going for it.
Anyway he smoked me, and I didn't advance but that's no surprise. Timtom was a flop - my tricks included a couple bonelesses, a bunch of bertlemans, some laybacks and a handful of synchronized swimming type kickturns. Patrick was doing back noseblunts, big switch heelflips and shit. I don't recall if he won that day, but he definitely won in life. And that rules.
It was great. The stupid memories that make you smile at night. What a lovely summer day.

His win over Timtom gave him the confidence to pursue skateboarding full time, he owns you that much.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Return2monke

• Rep: -20
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2023, 09:40:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

His win over Timtom gave him the confidence to pursue skateboarding full time, he owns you that much.

Brings a goddamn tear to my eyes everytime

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • old and in the way
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2023, 09:56:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

@Ms. Tamzarian  this is an excellent story. Do you remember what trick Patrick chose to give Timtom a letter E?

disgruntledMTAEmployee

• Rep: -443
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2023, 11:58:25 PM »
lol could it be any more obvious nick doesn't even belong in this video. dude should have had a board yesterday.

sebastian

• Rep: -16
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2023, 12:28:40 AM »
lol could it be any more obvious nick doesn't even belong in this video. dude should have had a board yesterday.

It was pretty wild seeing him do pretty much the hardest trick on every spot bar rail spots. Like on the short out-ledge where he did the fs 180 switch nosegrind, and then a couple clips later did the same thing but switch bs 180 regular nosegrind. Dude is fucked - no reason for someone like that to be am.

zozu

• Rep: 122
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2023, 12:49:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Here pick a caption

Burberry Erry and Spanky go for it with the G's from the Illegal Civ clique in this gnarly compilation by Davonte Jolly.

The local crackheads from Santa Cruz flow through flawless ledge lines at China Banks. Look out for a buck-wild appearance from Jason Lee.

Elijah weighs in on skating in leggings, his friendship with T-Puds, posing nude for Nyjah's PR team and his humble beginnings in Italy. Fire it up.

Our homies Cyrus and Cher Strauberry go full throttle, stringing together hard hitting NBDs at El Toro.

Jim Greco put in the work on the rails behind SawCon, making this Indy part one of his best yet. Awwww yeah!

citycity

• Rep: -97
« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2023, 01:56:02 AM »
This am scramble did not bang. And it rlly coulda banged. Underwhelming

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2023, 06:47:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

@Ms. Tamzarian  this is an excellent story. Do you remember what trick Patrick chose to give Timtom a letter E?

LOL, heyyy yeah I should hit him up for some credit! I was the foil to his protagonist leap! heheh

& Tux, I wish I could say I remembered the trick but I will never forget his gaze before delivery... in fact I think I found a photo from the archives....

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2023, 07:19:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

LOL, heyyy yeah I should hit him up for some credit! I was the foil to his protagonist leap! heheh

& Tux, I wish I could say I remembered the trick but I will never forget his gaze before delivery... in fact I think I found a photo from the archives....

A stylish flyfish, perhaps??

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2023, 09:23:28 AM »
People have already said it...but I just want to say it again:

Dear Mr. Thiebaud,

Please turn Nick and Pat pro immediately...they fucking rip so hard!

Love,

A Virginia boy

LebowskisRug

« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2023, 11:52:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Why is Nick still am?
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Haha yeah wtf. Anti hero is blowing it if they don't seal the deal real soon. The hype for this guy is only growing.

Grimple Stix posts him constantly as does DLX.

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2023, 01:20:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Why is Nick still am?
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

matureoftheocean

• Rep: 60
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2023, 01:23:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It was pretty wild seeing him do pretty much the hardest trick on every spot bar rail spots. Like on the short out-ledge where he did the fs 180 switch nosegrind, and then a couple clips later did the same thing but switch bs 180 regular nosegrind. Dude is fucked - no reason for someone like that to be am.

And the bs lipslide over and out
SUOMI | FINLAND | PRKL www.fat1937.blogspot.com

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2023, 11:42:07 PM »
I enjoyed it, I don't think it's as heavy as other Am scrambles, but I'm also a sucker for footage in older cities that may not be ideal for skating compared to newer cities with better weather, smoother concrete etc. Curious to see how other Am scramble crews would have handled Boston in comparison. Like, you aren't going to find the same rail chomping spots as going through Florida or the Southwest.

It def made me appreciate Dylan Jaeb more, I knew he was very talented, but seeing outside perfect SoCal spots or a skatepark gave me new appreciation for him as a ripper. I already knew Nick Matthews is being criminally slept on by the industry for whatever reasons (not marketable? doesn't vibe with teams?). No idea why, but he's been at a level for years where he should be pro, and not in flow purgatory. Would def be a weird fit for AH, seems like he would fit in perfect skating wise on Krooked with guys like Worrest and Cromer.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #85 on: February 03, 2023, 04:28:20 AM »
I wish i could hold lengthy crooks like Noah

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2023, 05:40:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Fun watch. Jaeb switch tre was tight. Brian Reid has grown man stee. Max is next level. Nick’s line was sick.

Looking forward to the “Does a ledge that has angle iron installed on it count as a fake spot” thread.
[close]

If you’ve ever been to that spot you’d know how fucked it is. Grinds can’t go down with out the angle iron and in Boston that’s considered a legendary spot. Coakley front nose grind over well over a decade ago. You wouldn’t even 5050 it. Trust
[close]
yeah honestly coakley’s 2009 nose grind is up there with the back smith and flip front 50-50 on that. That spot is so sketch

The shot of Nick rolling up and you see his board shaking on the brick was intense

Glad HUF and Venture havent slepped on dude, hopefully enough eyes are on him now

EDIT

Matthews one of the absolute best right now but AH still feels weird. Really doesn't strike me as the kind guy that likes to hang out with coked out bullies but I dunno. Don't get me wrong - I'll never not watch an Anti Hero video. But its pretty much established they are total cunts at this stage, right?

Also hilarious how brain damaged some of you freaks are by this "Culture War" bullshit. At this stage you can't even see any woman on a skateboard without throwing some bizarre manic shitfit. I thought the 50 to tail in particular was sick. You didn't? Ok, thats cool. Can't please everyone. Didn't she even brain herself on that tall out-ledge and have to go home? Didn't even get the full trip to film.

At the end of the day what point are you even making? It'd be better for you if she wasn't there? True weirdo shit.

I share this sentiment as well. She was a dope fit IMO
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 06:23:19 AM by somedudefromnj »

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 677
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2023, 09:50:12 AM »
Im sure everyone on the trip was well paid and had good travel + accomodations. they all seem like very professional individuals and didnt seem to mind the age gap - seemed like for the most part they were pretty focused compared to most thrasher trips we saw in the past where it was nonstop beer + bongs. they obviously tossed a few lifestylers in there  but did not look hellride at all to me. But yeah i think you also gotta realize this is just a 1 time thing so if they arent besties with everyone during the trip its not a huge deal either. i really like to see a trip like this with people from all different teams it was really cool to see them all attack that bump to bar together.

Looks like a lot of them took some tough slams you have to cut them a little more slack. it is extremely difficult and a lot of pressure to come thorugh with that heavy of clips in such a short time span. one other thing to consider, some of the clips may be saved for other projects too.

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 27
« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2023, 12:46:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Why is Nick still am?
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Just for the over the block backlipslide he belongs to
AH - Julien was my first thought.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2023, 03:35:17 PM »
Im sure everyone on the trip was well paid and had good travel + accomodations. they all seem like very professional individuals and didnt seem to mind the age gap - seemed like for the most part they were pretty focused compared to most thrasher trips we saw in the past where it was nonstop beer + bongs. they obviously tossed a few lifestylers in there  but did not look hellride at all to me. But yeah i think you also gotta realize this is just a 1 time thing so if they arent besties with everyone during the trip its not a huge deal either. i really like to see a trip like this with people from all different teams it was really cool to see them all attack that bump to bar together.

Looks like a lot of them took some tough slams you have to cut them a little more slack. it is extremely difficult and a lot of pressure to come thorugh with that heavy of clips in such a short time span. one other thing to consider, some of the clips may be saved for other projects too.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. This was the most memorable one for me since the first one. Also does anyone have a link to the first Am Scramble? I can’t find it anywhere but I’m also pretty tech illiterate.

Nvm found it - everyone looks so young lol. Forgot Jarne was on this one. Ew.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”