Author Topic: Darts  (Read 1340 times)

therealnod

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 36
  • Brevity is
Re: Darts
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2023, 01:13:45 PM »
As an addendum, there are disadvantages to steel tip boards as well, of course. You have to rotate them and they need replacing whereas soft tip boards can theoretically last forever. I definitely wouldn't consider it sacrilegious to prefer one over the other. I just think it's nice to have a set of barrels that I never have to buy tips for.

boogs

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2023, 01:42:24 PM »
does anyone know of a good place to buy from online? i need parts and the nearest place has a very limited selection.

therealnod

• Brevity is
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2023, 02:01:03 PM »
does anyone know of a good place to buy from online? i need parts and the nearest place has a very limited selection.
Been ordering from here for years. It's in California.
https://a-zdarts.com/

boogs

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2023, 02:13:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Been ordering from here for years. It's in California.
https://a-zdarts.com/
perfect, thank you!
would gnar if i could

therealnod

• Brevity is
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2023, 03:17:42 PM »
My pleasure.

therealnod

• Brevity is
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2023, 04:07:14 PM »
in america it seems pool is more popular but I like and am better at darts.  its sacrilege im sure but I prefer to play with the plastic tips and have the electronic board keep track of everything for you
Pool being more popular in America than darts is certainly true, but there's something interesting going on, and it's, well...interesting. Watch almost any American sitcom (or movie even) and see how often you notice a dartboard in the scenery. It's usually in someplace stupid and at the wrong height, but nearly ubiquitous. Would make a fun drinking game.

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2023, 05:50:36 AM »
Anyone try Red Dragon darts? They seam cheap and decent..

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2023, 08:19:29 AM »
Our family has a dart tournament every year on boxing day.  It's super fun, and it's a game most people can play even if they suck at it.  We switch up the games every couple of years.  This year we played baseball because it's a quick game so the tournament doesn't drag on all night. 

boogs

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2023, 11:13:19 AM »
I play a lot of darts, even had a board at work. Played mostly cricket and 501, but the best quickie game in my opinion is Shanghai.

to get a shanghai does it have to go in order? single>double>triple or can it be in any order as long as you get one of each?

therealnod

• Brevity is
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2023, 12:40:34 PM »
Expand Quote
I play a lot of darts, even had a board at work. Played mostly cricket and 501, but the best quickie game in my opinion is Shanghai.

[close]
to get a shanghai does it have to go in order? single>double>triple or can it be in any order as long as you get one of each?
Any order, as long as it's one of each on the same number currently in play. Of course players can agree to any different ruleset beforehand.

therealnod

• Brevity is
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2023, 06:20:36 PM »
Took a look at their selection. I could see picking these up for about $40.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2023, 09:41:29 PM »
Fuken shark dart! I bit the dart of a shark!
(Sorry no I haven't tried them)

boogs

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2023, 03:31:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Any order, as long as it's one of each on the same number currently in play. Of course players can agree to any different ruleset beforehand.
thanks for the info!
i actually thought of a variation of 3B where if you got a single, double, and a triple for a 3B you automatically won. i called it GAME OVER but i think i will refer to it as Shanghai 3B from now on, which probably already is a game.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2023, 06:05:00 AM »
What weights are you guys throwing?  I started off at 25g but have moved down to 22-23g with a even width. 
It has been fun experimenting.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2023, 07:25:47 AM »
I've got 30g i tried lighter ones but was even worse with them haha.
I'm trying to avoid the gear madness...

boogs

« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2023, 09:50:28 AM »
I’ve been on 26 for a couple of years now

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2023, 01:36:24 PM »
We just made up a joke of a game, you need a 13 then a 12. With three darts in that order.  Fast but harder than I guess our level. Especially when there is pigs in the bar.

therealnod

• Brevity is
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2023, 03:19:44 AM »
What weights are you guys throwing?  I started off at 25g but have moved down to 22-23g with a even width. 
It has been fun experimenting.
I've been throwing 22g straight barrel forever. I have the same set in 28g that I warm up with occasionally, but the barrels are too wide for my liking.

therealnod

• Brevity is
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2023, 03:20:37 AM »
We just made up a joke of a game, you need a 13 then a 12. With three darts in that order.  Fast but harder than I guess our level. Especially when there is pigs in the bar.
Haha, nice.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2023, 01:45:55 PM »
Just played a few rounds with my mate has been a few weeks...I really think if you wanna be good you gotta play more often, like I don't think there is muscle memory like in your legs ..it's way more precise

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2023, 03:57:44 PM »
i got hooked playing in this local shop in Osaka a few years ago, Bug if you're out there, respect

don't have a proper spot rn

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2023, 04:21:45 AM »
Anyone else hear about this 16 year old lad killing it at the moment? Dude came outta no where and is beating world champions. Don't watch darts on telly but if I can catch his next round I will.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2023/dec/31/luke-littler-16-into-quarter-finals-after-beating-raymond-van-barneveld