Author Topic: Darts  (Read 1302 times)

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
Darts
« on: February 01, 2023, 11:25:24 AM »
Been playing alot lately with mates down the pub. Was wondering if there has ever been any skate related flights made etc...so why not make a slap thread about it.

Anyone else fuck with em? It's strange as back in Ireland I'd never even consider playing them. Honestly couldn't even tell you one pub on the Island with a dart board. Here in France pretty standard in most pubs.

Also to stop the bullshit before it starts it's not a sport. I can play when I'm blacked out drunk.

LUGR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 45
Re: Darts
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 11:37:50 AM »
Cricket is a lot of fun.

Haven’t played in awhile though.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2023, 02:04:14 AM »
Yeah we normally play cricket, faster than 301/501 especially as we have a mix of skill.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2023, 02:59:53 AM »
Been playing alot lately with mates down the pub. Was wondering if there has ever been any skate related flights made etc...so why not make a slap thread about it.

Anyone else fuck with em? It's strange as back in Ireland I'd never even consider playing them. Honestly couldn't even tell you one pub on the Island with a dart board. Here in France pretty standard in most pubs.

Also to stop the bullshit before it starts it's not a sport. I can play when I'm blacked out drunk.

My flatmate ca. 1998, was the student union's champion in darts and pool and every Friday night he used to bring home a crate of beer that he won as prize for the weekly competitions. One time I was watching darts on the Eurosport channel and laughed at/appreciated the fact that all contestants were drinking pints. My flatmate then explained that darts is the only "sport" where your skill increases, the more you drink.
I love playing darts, used to have a target and semi-decent darts when I was a kid. My bedroom wall was all scuffed from missed shots.
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2023, 08:18:08 AM »

Tireeedd

• Rep: 27
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2023, 04:57:10 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHA SMOKIN' SOME FUCKIN' DARTS EHH BUDDEH?

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2023, 11:57:54 PM »
It's fun.  Seems like bowling where you can not play for years then get into a game one night by happenstance and just crush it.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2023, 01:37:25 AM »
It's fun.  Seems like bowling where you can not play for years then get into a game one night by happenstance and just crush it.
It's also like bowling where if you play more than two games, especially while drinking you basically have no idea how you're doing.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2023, 05:48:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It's also like bowling where if you play more than two games, especially while drinking you basically have no idea how you're doing.
Except you don't have to put on rental shoes...fuck that, it grosses me out.
I definitely get better as I drink while till a point...

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2023, 06:16:45 AM »

I was going to make the same comparison Ed.  For me they're similar in that my first game is always the best.  My first 10 frames in bowling and my first game of darts I'll always throw heat.  Then each subsequent game get progressively worse for some reason.

Get hungry on it!

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2023, 06:23:56 AM »

calligraphie clavier

Just saw there is a darts tournament at Santa Cruz Boardroom March 10th. My mate I guess is gonna be there.

Was looking for skate related dart stuff, only seen Palace, Indy and Santa Cruz. Surprised Supreme hasn't done any.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -510
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2023, 06:33:43 AM »
I got sucked into the local dart scene by a friend who runs a dart league.  I thought maybe darts could be my new thing.  Met a lot of awkward people, carried a lot of awkward conversations, and generally realized that darts, while somewhat fun, has a whole low personality scene around it.  If I had an incel family member I’d try to get them into the local dart scene for sure, or bowling, but not if they had drinking issues.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2023, 06:57:43 AM »

calligraphie clavier

Just saw there is a darts tournament at Santa Cruz Boardroom March 10th. My mate I guess is gonna be there.

Was looking for skate related dart stuff, only seen Palace, Indy and Santa Cruz. Surprised Supreme hasn't done any.
Crob actually had a few darts themed chocolate boards

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2023, 07:06:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
The place I used to go to didn't bother with the shoes. Darts beats bowling but putt putt golf beats darts. Maybe cornhole is good but I never played and I'm getting too off topic of darts.
My math goes out the window while drinking too so that adds an extra challenge with darts

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2023, 07:20:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
The place I used to go to didn't bother with the shoes. Darts beats bowling but putt putt golf beats darts. Maybe cornhole is good but I never played and I'm getting too off topic of darts.
My math goes out the window while drinking too so that adds an extra challenge with darts
No math needed for cricket. Plus your phone is got a calculator.
Not a hope I'd buy a crob deck hahahaha

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2023, 07:43:13 AM »
i would fukcing LOVE to go to one of those events in the UK. looks like an absolute blast. i probably would consume lethal amounts of beer.

DO! DO DO, DO DO
DO! DO DO, DO DO
HEY! HEY! HEY!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE EIGHTYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!
ONTARIO CANADA

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2023, 09:43:52 AM »
Working from home has me throwing daily. It’s therapeutic, yet challenging. Around The World is a solo favorite, along with short cricket.

Bay Area Pals, holler at me for that Santa Cruz thing. Let’s do this!
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2023, 10:03:41 AM »
i would fukcing LOVE to go to one of those events in the UK. looks like an absolute blast. i probably would consume lethal amounts of beer.

DO! DO DO, DO DO
DO! DO DO, DO DO
HEY! HEY! HEY!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE EIGHTYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

Oh fuck yeah! Would so love to go also, looks like a heavy day of drinking and good craic

boogs

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2023, 11:19:30 AM »

i've been playing for a little while now and am pretty damn good at it!!
i play almost every day and win more than i lose but i do lose and i am a good loser.
i'm on my second set of darts now, harrows blood something i can't remember. my first set were so good but i somehow lost them. they were harrows black ice.
i have a group of people that i play with and i always tell them "we're all equals here" we mostly play cricket in order and 3B. 3b is super fun! just takes a little while longer to play.
i have won against and been beaten by all of them. i am also the type to share information about what i find to work best for me as far as throwing technique. "together we are stronger" is what i tell them. i also think the best way to get better faster is to have your own set. its like having your own skate setup. even a $20 set will make you better. those black ice i mismanaged were $100 :(
i am fascinated by how everyone has a different style when throwing. as far as i know there's no wrong way to throw a dart as long as you're behind the line. it's just what works for you. one of my friends throws it like its a fast ball and for the longest time was the man to beat. i bet i would whup his ass now though!

here's my 3 steps to good darts:
step1) approach the line with confidence
step2) relax(this is very important)
step3) throw

thanks for making this thread!!

boogs

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2023, 11:24:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

My flatmate ca. 1998, was the student union's champion in darts and pool and every Friday night he used to bring home a crate of beer that he won as prize for the weekly competitions. One time I was watching darts on the Eurosport channel and laughed at/appreciated the fact that all contestants were drinking pints. My flatmate then explained that darts is the only "sport" where your skill increases, the more you drink.
I love playing darts, used to have a target and semi-decent darts when I was a kid. My bedroom wall was all scuffed from missed shots.
i am always drinking when i'm playing and lately i've noticed i don't drink as fast when i'm playing. kind of a win.

boogs

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2023, 11:38:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
i hate corn holes, darts over everything!

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2023, 03:46:17 PM »
Last time i played darts it got out of hand pretty quickly. Agreed, it’s definitely not a sport

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2023, 07:06:06 PM »
somehow this will be part of the next dime glory challenge

i agree the uk dart announcers murder it

aiming at shit for sport is fun, be it bowling darts or skeeball bocce ball whatever

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2023, 12:53:41 AM »
Last time i played darts it got out of hand pretty quickly. Agreed, it’s definitely not a sport

Lol what the fuck

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2023, 04:51:55 AM »
I believe you get 3x bonus points if your dart becomes electrified at any point during the game.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

therealnod

• Rep: 36
  • Brevity is
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2023, 02:22:12 AM »
I play a lot of darts, even had a board at work. Played mostly cricket and 501, but the best quickie game in my opinion is Shanghai.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2023, 02:25:49 AM »
I play a lot of darts, even had a board at work. Played mostly cricket and 501, but the best quickie game in my opinion is Shanghai.

I actually was just thinking about getting a dart board for my workshop here at work!
Just looked up the rules for Shanghai, defo will suggest it to the lads tonight, sounds fun and something different.

therealnod

• Brevity is
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2023, 02:42:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I actually was just thinking about getting a dart board for my workshop here at work!
Just looked up the rules for Shanghai, defo will suggest it to the lads tonight, sounds fun and something different.
The funniest thing is that my boss said to me one day "we should get a dart board" and I had one in my car. Just so happens...

kook1234

• Rep: 132
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2023, 05:00:50 AM »
in america it seems pool is more popular but I like and am better at darts.  its sacrilege im sure but I prefer to play with the plastic tips and have the electronic board keep track of everything for you

therealnod

• Brevity is
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2023, 10:56:15 AM »
in america it seems pool is more popular but I like and am better at darts.  its sacrilege im sure but I prefer to play with the plastic tips and have the electronic board keep track of everything for you
The only problem with soft tip darts is that you have to keep a supply of replacement tips on hand and it's gotten harder to find places that sell them. There's also the need to pluck the broken tips out of the segments every once in a while or you'll start getting constant bounce outs.