Author Topic: What percentage of people that skate are skateboarders?  (Read 2879 times)

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1393
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: What percentage of people that skate are skateboarders?
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2023, 08:50:59 PM »
Expand Quote
How old is everyone in this thread? I cant tell if yall are fooling or under 30  :o

I wonder what sanbongi’s shins look like. Got some fresh enuf licks on mine. Its the dents under the skin that never cease to trip me out

host pictures
[close]

I don't know about you guys, but my shins got absolutely destroyed over the years from trying to get my tre flips to a respectable level. Funny enough, I still don't have them as good as I probably should  ;D

The dents on the shins are trippy though. I can still feel this big dent on my shin that I got out when I slipped out of a 5050 on this out rail like 10+ years ago. Pretty intense what we put our bodies through when you really stop and think about it.

I was trying a back lip on a cinder block and angle iron ledge, board stuck and my shin came down on the corner of the ledge/angle iron. Took out what seemed like a monster chunk of flesh ha ha ha. That scar is covered up by ink but man that ahit was awful
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

switchfakie

« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2023, 08:56:15 PM »
theres a difference between skateboarder and skate rat

i think the threshold to be a skateboarder is really low, if you can ollie + do a few flip tricks, id call you a shitty skater

if you can do at least 5 flip tricks, 5 ledge tricks, 5 transition tricks, youre a skater

if all you're doing is eat, breathing, & living skateboarding, youre a skate rat

if you dont skate but only watch skate videos and shit on people online, youre likely a slap member with an account made in the mid 2000's and still not a slap pal

TheLowerBack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2023, 09:30:55 PM »
Let's see your shins.
My shit be feeling like the Unknown Pleasures album cover

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65241
  • Team -65K
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2023, 11:55:18 PM »
One of the raddest dudes at my local park knew nothing about skateboarding. Didn't read mags, didn't watch videos, couldn't name a single pro, knew just a few trick names.

He would show up now and again, normal clothing, generic sneakers, old second hand board and then rip.

There would be a new long rail or something and we would all look at it and think "fuck this rail is long" and he would 5-0 it first time and then say "wheelie grind feels good" with a big smile. He would early grab over big hips and gaps and call them "ollies".

Then we wouldn't see him again for a week or two. Most "core" skater I have ever met, didn't care about anything besides skateboarding itself and having a laugh with whoever was around.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 10:18:44 AM by TheDraught »

Yakusoku2

• Rep: 45
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2023, 07:10:52 AM »
You can be a skateboarder or good at skating but not both at the same time.