Author Topic: Austin Gillette Thrasher cover  (Read 64956 times)

scab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 200
Re: Austin Gillette Thrasher cover
« Reply #180 on: March 07, 2023, 07:54:25 AM »
Broadly speaking, there's two types of LA spots: Those that are blown out fast and those that very few people ever skate. If a spot falls into that latter category, there's usually a single reason for it: it's fucking hard to skate. I got $50 on a nollie tre and $25 on any flip trick.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #181 on: March 07, 2023, 08:29:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
shit is lightwork
[close]
Right? The hydrant is almost at ground level too, free

Props to Austin, dude seems to be a dick but I like watching him skate so I can't wait to see the tre
[close]
bro got a cover doing a flat ground trick. Hope that globe check hits. someone send me out there I got some crazy shit for that, fe’ me ?
[close]

yo this comment is unironically so fucking funny because like..... all tricks are flatground tricks?? Like what point do you even think you're making? Your "nollie tre" is somehow NOT a flatground trick but the switch tre is???
[close]

flat as in not over anything 'since the top of the hydrant is at ground level' I guess, and so would be the nollie tre
not like I was being serious

timeout. are you earnestly saying that this fire hydrant gap is the same as flat ground? That fire hydrant is like 6 feet away from the curb cut, which is pretty mellow. there's literally no way that the TOP of the fire hydrant is level with the ground at the launch point.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -299
« Reply #182 on: March 07, 2023, 08:50:22 AM »
Does anyone else on here think the trick is a switch pop shuv revert aka the Stevie? I got my hands on a physical copy the other day and started questioning the slap consensus. His board is way too turned to be a switch tre catch. You catch that trick when the board is in line with your body not perpendicular relative to your shoulders. Also precedent: Austyn has a clip of a Stevie over a bump to can in his Radiant Cure part. He's got that trick. I can't however think of a single switch tre off a bump from Austyn. Down a gap sure, but not off a bump over something. So I'm saying he did a switch pop shuv revert.

I got 5 on whoever is going there to one-up him.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #183 on: March 07, 2023, 09:20:19 AM »
Does anyone else on here think the trick is a switch pop shuv revert aka the Stevie? I got my hands on a physical copy the other day and started questioning the slap consensus. His board is way too turned to be a switch tre catch. You catch that trick when the board is in line with your body not perpendicular relative to your shoulders. Also precedent: Austyn has a clip of a Stevie over a bump to can in his Radiant Cure part. He's got that trick. I can't however think of a single switch tre off a bump from Austyn. Down a gap sure, but not off a bump over something. So I'm saying he did a switch pop shuv revert.

the caption on the contents page says it's a switch tre

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #184 on: March 07, 2023, 09:29:00 AM »

hahahahahahahaha

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #185 on: March 07, 2023, 09:35:44 AM »

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #186 on: March 07, 2023, 09:38:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
the caption on the contents page says it's a switch tre

Oh word I’m dumb lol. Thanks for confirming. What a wild catch.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #187 on: March 07, 2023, 09:50:21 AM »
The Foos claiming tricks on this spot have not walked down this street.

BootsWithTheFerg

• Rep: -32
« Reply #188 on: March 07, 2023, 10:04:31 AM »
Data inclusive. What we need right now is google street view pics from multiple angles. Preferably from a time where they were using that really blown out fish eye bubble cam. That'll settle it for sure.

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 116
« Reply #189 on: March 07, 2023, 10:23:52 AM »
Expand Quote
@devils acrobat is your offer specifically for nollie tre or any trick other than an ollie?
[close]

I will throw in 30 for every documented make other than ollie and 180. Hell, even 10 to see a proper try.
Edit: screw the shame clause
@Ramsus your offer said same conditions as @devils acrobat. Would you like to update your conditions or stay with the original conditions from devils acrobat? Trick your offer is for should be specified either way

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #190 on: March 07, 2023, 11:06:30 AM »
I have $5 on just riding down the hill with no power slides ala Heath
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #191 on: March 07, 2023, 01:02:39 PM »

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
« Reply #192 on: March 07, 2023, 01:22:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Nollie tre lmfao sure dude
[close]
can you even nollie tre

Maybe 30-40% of the time lol. Anything nollie over this would be so fucking hard, nollie tre is probably the easier nollie approach to it though so if you think you got it go for it. I’d love to eat my words. I don’t got money on nollie tre but I’ll gnar you and un-ignore you if you get it lmao
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 360
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #193 on: March 07, 2023, 01:25:28 PM »
I’ve got a wooden nickel with your name on it to go sack yourself and cease posting.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #194 on: March 07, 2023, 01:25:56 PM »

Nice find with this gif. The catch does look nearly identical to the cover.

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
« Reply #195 on: March 07, 2023, 01:31:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@devils acrobat is your offer specifically for nollie tre or any trick other than an ollie?
[close]

I will throw in 30 for every documented make other than ollie and 180. Hell, even 10 to see a proper try.
[close]
@Ramsus your offer said same conditions as @devils acrobat. Would you like to update your conditions or stay with the original conditions from devils acrobat? Trick your offer is for should be specified either way

'I can live without the shame clause ;)

The Mexican Nancy Chin

« Reply #196 on: March 07, 2023, 01:39:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

'I can live without the shame clause ;)
Understood! 150 krones on nollie tre than?

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #197 on: March 07, 2023, 01:41:41 PM »

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1242
« Reply #198 on: March 07, 2023, 03:01:06 PM »

not too tall

but its mad hectic traffic and the landings fairly rough

heres one to fry your noodle on- peep the top of the hydrant

is "tinman" austyn? nod to his old part?

conspiracy

psyop

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
« Reply #199 on: March 07, 2023, 03:47:55 PM »
I got 10 on it if @versacekid420 gets the nollie tre. 20 if he focuses his account.

would rather see @smellsdead ollie it any day of the week anyways

HeapsCool

• Rep: -172
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #200 on: March 07, 2023, 04:53:09 PM »

Oh ok. So this spot is absolutely fucked.

citycity

• Rep: -98
« Reply #201 on: March 07, 2023, 04:59:42 PM »
I’m the cover photo I think his left foot is more above the board than it appears. He ain’t catching it just yet.

TheVisitor

• Rep: -13
« Reply #202 on: March 07, 2023, 06:53:48 PM »
So if we are to assume everyone's offers are serious, I've got 30 bucks on the proper make of any trick other than an ollie over the bump the hydrant, @gub has 5 and @devils acrobat has another 30 with the condition that the shame is properly documented in the event of no land. I made my offer before that so I'm not gonna make that a condition for mine but I'd  appreciate if @versacekid420 considers it as one. Unclear if @devils acrobat's offer only applies to a nollie tre. @shannamal also has 100 on a switch Tre over it, which Versace seems to have already turned down. We've got a nice pool going here. Seems like a massive bunt but I hope I'll have to eat my words

edit: @coldbrew has thrown in 20 on any flip/shove trick over it.
@shrap pal has thrown in 10 for a documented effort and and extra 30 for a make of a nollie tre
@Rasmus will throw in 150 danish krones under same original conditions as devil's acrobat (minus shame clause) if they can transfer from outside the US. I am also outside the US so I will be switching my form of transfer to PayPal. Danish Krones are an available currency on PayPal so I suggest that as a form of payment. Versace you better set up an account
@ApesPissed has 10 on either make or attempt of a nollie tre
@offkilter has 25 on the land of any trick other than ollie or regular stance 180
@backside_frontside has 5 on the land of a nollie tre
@doyle has 50 Canadian dollars on the land of a nollie tre
@devils acrobat has updated their conditions to 30 for the land of any trick other than or regular stance 180. In the event of the land 10 will be given if there was a proper try. They have also removed the shame clause from their offer.
@scab has 25 on the land of any flip trick. Will go up to 50 if said flip trick is a nollie tre
@Nosferatu has 5 on a no powerslide hill bomb

As of the moment of this edit we've got 220 US dollars, 50 Canadian dollars and 150 danish krones for a properly executed nollie tre over the hydrant with the promise of documented shame if trick is not executed. and an extra 5 for a no power slide hill bomb

Put me down for $50 US dollars. Nollie Tre only. I've never seen the dude skate but no way random Slap poster is that fucking nice. Fuck a window. Venmo/PayPal is fine. I'll throw an extra $50 if @Jenkem documents it.

JoseCansnake0

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -31
« Reply #203 on: March 07, 2023, 07:48:15 PM »
I smell a big fat BUNT

Jagr

« Reply #204 on: March 07, 2023, 08:40:11 PM »
Put me down for $50 USD on the nollie tre.

Dusty

• Rep: -4
« Reply #205 on: March 07, 2023, 08:47:40 PM »
I got 10 on the nollie tre

Grrrreencans

• Rep: -85
« Reply #206 on: March 07, 2023, 09:13:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Oh ok. So this spot is absolutely fucked.

Also, Heath.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #207 on: March 07, 2023, 10:41:11 PM »
I’ll add 50 if you get a tow-in from the freeway exit a block up the hill

The Mexican Nancy Chin

« Reply #208 on: March 07, 2023, 11:12:13 PM »
So if we are to assume everyone's offers are serious, I've got 30 bucks on the proper make of any trick other than an ollie over the bump the hydrant, @gub has 5 and @devils acrobat has another 30 with the condition that the shame is properly documented in the event of no land. I made my offer before that so I'm not gonna make that a condition for mine but I'd  appreciate if @versacekid420 considers it as one. Unclear if @devils acrobat's offer only applies to a nollie tre. @shannamal also has 100 on a switch Tre over it, which Versace seems to have already turned down. We've got a nice pool going here. Seems like a massive bunt but I hope I'll have to eat my words

@shrap pal has thrown in 10 for a documented effort and and extra 30 for a make of a nollie tre
@Rasmus will throw in 150 danish krones under same original conditions as devil's acrobat (minus shame clause) if they can transfer from outside the US. I am also outside the US so I will be switching my form of transfer to PayPal. Danish Krones are an available currency on PayPal so I suggest that as a form of payment. Versace you better set up an account
@offkilter has 25 on the land of any trick other than ollie or regular stance 180
@devils acrobat has updated their conditions to 30 for the land of any trick other than or regular stance 180. In the event of the land 10 will be given if there was a proper try. They have also removed the shame clause from their offer.
@scab has 25 on the land of any flip trick. Will go up to 50 if said flip trick is a nollie tre
@Made In China has 10 on the land of a nollie tre and separate that was a little too mean to include :(
@TheVisitor has 50 on the land of a nollie and extra 50 if Jenkem somehow documenting this
@Jagr has 50 on the land of a nollie tre
@Dusty has 10 on the land of a nollie tre
@Atiba Applebum has 50 on a tow-in from the freeway exit a block up the hill (unlikely this one was not sarcastic)

As of the moment of this edit we've got 340 US dollars, 50 Canadian dollars and 150 danish krones for a properly executed nollie tre over the hydrant with the promise of documented shame if trick is not executed. an extra 5 for a no power slide hill bomb, an extra 50 the freeway exit a block up the hill and an extra 50 if it gets documented by Jenkem
Pot is at 340 US dollars, 50 Canadian dollars and 150 Danish krones for a properly executed nollie tre over the hydrant. Versace could walk away with an extra 105 US as well if conditions for bonus offers are fulfilled (not including offers for focusing account).

(Conversion rate for 150 Danish krones to US dollars is 21.54 on Mar 8, 07:08 UTC. Conversion rate for 50 Canadian dollars to US dollars is 36.33 on Mar 8, 07:10 UTC)

witty pseudonym

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 43
« Reply #209 on: March 08, 2023, 04:50:57 AM »
Expand Quote

@Made In China has 10 on the land of a nollie tre and separate that was a little too mean to include :(
@TheVisitor has 50 on the land of a nollie and extra 50 if Jenkem somehow documenting this
@Jagr has 50 on the land of a nollie tre
@Dusty has 10 on the land of a nollie tre
@Atiba Applebum has 50 on a tow-in from the freeway exit a block up the hill (unlikely this one was not sarcastic)

As of the moment of this edit we've got 340 US dollars, 50 Canadian dollars and 150 danish krones for a properly executed nollie tre over the hydrant with the promise of documented shame if trick is not executed. an extra 5 for a no power slide hill bomb, an extra 50 the freeway exit a block up the hill and an extra 50 if it gets documented by Jenkem
[close]
Pot is at 340 US dollars, 50 Canadian dollars and 150 Danish krones for a properly executed nollie tre over the hydrant. Versace could walk away with an extra 105 US as well if conditions for bonus offers are fulfilled (not including offers for focusing account).

(Conversion rate for 150 Danish krones to US dollars is 21.54 on Mar 8, 07:08 UTC. Conversion rate for 50 Canadian dollars to US dollars is 36.33 on Mar 8, 07:10 UTC)

Just because I am excited to see where this goes(we could be making SLAP history here), I got $50US on the nollie tre make.  PayPal only.