Author Topic: Austin Gillette Thrasher cover  (Read 64879 times)

versacekid420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1224
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Austin Gillette Thrasher cover
« Reply #300 on: March 14, 2023, 03:49:38 PM »
TIME TO PAY THE PIPER, HATERS

all white fit and it’ll be exactly this image

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #301 on: March 14, 2023, 04:24:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Can we get a teaser of your Nollie tres? Or is it better to wait and show us one at the spot?
[close]
yeah I’ll do one . How do I post a video up here
[close]

Instagram or YouTube link is probably the easiest and most accessible.
[close]
word I don’t use Instagram but I’ll make a private YouTube video and send the link tomorrow
[close]
Well?
[close]
http://youtube.com/shorts/EtECj77nnHE?feature=share I haven’t skated in two weeks but this was nothing to me

I hope not if you want to do it over a 6' gap and a fire hydrant lol

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #302 on: March 14, 2023, 05:46:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Can we get a teaser of your Nollie tres? Or is it better to wait and show us one at the spot?
[close]
[close]

[close]
word I don’t use Instagram but I’ll make a private YouTube video and send the link tomorrow
[close]
Well?
[close]
http://youtube.com/shorts/EtECj77nnHE?feature=share I haven’t skated in two weeks but this was nothing to me
[close]

god please get 6’ off of my nuts 😭😭😭😭

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #303 on: March 14, 2023, 05:56:16 PM »
Serious Q because my partner was not stoked on me paying money for @versacekid420 to come to California - can we start a go fund me for the plane ticket and a cheap hotel? Like $700-800?

Surely someone in LA can put him up for the night
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #304 on: March 14, 2023, 06:16:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
Well?
[close]
[close]

[close]
god please get 6’ off of my nuts 😭😭😭😭

calm down

Southernmost

• Rep: 116
« Reply #305 on: March 14, 2023, 10:33:59 PM »
Expand Quote
TIME TO PAY THE PIPER, HATERS

[close]
all white fit and it’ll be exactly this image

All white fit tribute would be nice! If you pull this of you’ll be a legend.

muntcuscle

• Rep: 44
« Reply #306 on: March 14, 2023, 11:24:29 PM »
throw in another 20 for a landed nollie tre

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 116
« Reply #307 on: March 15, 2023, 01:11:03 AM »
Latest update of the list
So if we are to assume everyone's offers are serious, I've got 30 bucks on the proper make of any trick other than an ollie over the bump the hydrant, @gub has 5 (possibly a joke) and @devils acrobat has another 30 with the condition that the shame is properly documented in the event of no land. I made my offer before that so I'm not gonna make that a condition for mine but I'd  appreciate if @versacekid420 considers it as one. Unclear if @devils acrobat's offer only applies to a nollie tre. @shannamal also has 100 on a switch Tre over it, which Versace seems to have already turned down. We've got a nice pool going here. Seems like a massive bunt but I hope I'll have to eat my words

edit: @coldbrew has thrown in 20 on any flip/shove trick over it.
@shrap pal has thrown in 10 for a documented effort and and extra 30 for a make of a nollie tre
@Rasmus will throw in 150 danish krones under same original conditions as devil's acrobat (minus shame clause) if they can transfer from outside the US. I am also outside the US so I will be switching my form of transfer to PayPal. Danish Krones are an available currency on PayPal so I suggest that as a form of payment. Versace you better set up an account
@ApesPissed has 10 on either make or attempt of a nollie tre
@offkilter has 25 on the land of any trick other than ollie or regular stance 180
@backside_frontside has 5 on the land of a nollie tre
@doyle has 50 Canadian dollars on the land of a nollie tre
@devils acrobat has updated their conditions to 30 for the land of any trick other than or regular stance 180. In the event of the land 10 will be given if there was a proper try. They have also removed the shame clause from their offer.
@scab has 25 on the land of any flip trick. Will go up to 50 if said flip trick is a nollie tre
@Nosferatu has 5 on a no powerslide hill bomb
@Made In China has 10 on the land of a nollie tre and a separate offer that felt a little too mean to include :(
@TheVisitor has 50 on the land of a nollie and extra 50 if Jenkem somehow documenting this
@Jagr has 50 on the land of a nollie tre
@Dusty has 10 on the land of a nollie tre
@Atiba Applebum has 50 on a tow-in from the freeway exit a block up the hill (unlikely this one was not sarcastic) has 25 on documented good faith attempts (I'd say documentation is a requirement for any of the offers)
@witty pseudonym has 50 on the land of a nollie tre. PayPal transfer only
@Cheshire Cat has 15 euros for the land of any NBD shove it or flip trick performed in an all white outfit. Also PayPal
@Madam, I'm Adam has 5 Canadian dollars for the land of any for "modern street trick mid-level difficulty up". It has already been specified that this means no trick grabbing your board however further explanation would be appreciated as the request is quite vague. This means any flip trick or 360 ollie, no grabs allowed. Offer expires in 2 weeks time as of posting. This is the most elaborate offer given and is also the one for the smallest of amount money. Offer expires March 22nd, 2023. PayPal transfer only
@S. has 20 euros on the land of a nollie tre. PayPal
@Lessfillingtastegreat has 20 on the land of nollie and an extra 5 if done in an all white outfit a la Heath. Currency needs specification
@fakie nollie will fly Versace out, film the clip, hand him cash and buy him dinnerfor the land of a nollie tre with the condition if he doesn't land it, Versace has to get a tattoo (I’ll pay for) that is 2x4 inches, in a visible place if asked to present it, that says “SLAP is my personal hell”. Versace has agreed to these conditions
@matty_c has 50 Australian dollars on a popped attempt
@figureitout has 30 on anything nollie over the hydrant
@Roy Machine has 10 euros on the first pal to give a real attempt of any trick over the hydrant. 50 euros if it is done by Versace and it is a nollie tre attempt. (evidence required however, I'd say that is a requirement for all offers)
@DERBY has 20 canadian dollars on the land of a nollie te
@muntcusclethrow has 20 on the land of a nollie tre

As of the moment of this edit we've got 490 US dollars, 75 Canadian dollars, 85 euros, 150 danish krones, 50 Australian dollars and 20 (form of currency pending) for a properly executed nollie tre over the hydrant with the promise of documented shame if trick is not executed. an extra 5 for a no power slide hill bomb, an extra 50 the freeway exit a block up the hill, an extra 50 if it gets documented by Jenkem and 15 euros and 5 (form of currency pending)  if trick is landed in an all white outfit. Canadian dollar amount goes down to 50 if trick is not landed by March 22nd, 2023. (the 5 Canadian dollar loss is only like 3.50 US dollars). Additionally, @fakie nollie has offered to fly Versace out, film the clip, hand him cash and buy him dinner for the land of a nollie tre with the condition if he doesn't land it, Versace has to get a tattoo paid for by fakie nollie, that is 2x4 inches, in a visible place if asked to present it, that says “SLAP is my personal hell”. Versace has agreed to these conditions

Fakie nollie and a few other people have also proposed the creation of a gofundme

« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 04:08:17 AM by Nancy Chin »

OwlGreen

• Rep: -126
« Reply #308 on: March 15, 2023, 02:55:55 AM »
Who's got Waylon Bone's phone number?

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
« Reply #309 on: March 15, 2023, 02:56:20 AM »
Expand Quote
So if we are to assume everyone's offers are serious, I've got 30 bucks on the proper make of any trick other than an ollie over the bump the hydrant, @gub has 5 (possibly a joke) and @devils acrobat has another 30 with the condition that the shame is properly documented in the event of no land. I made my offer before that so I'm not gonna make that a condition for mine but I'd  appreciate if @versacekid420 considers it as one. Unclear if @devils acrobat's offer only applies to a nollie tre. @shannamal also has 100 on a switch Tre over it, which Versace seems to have already turned down. We've got a nice pool going here. Seems like a massive bunt but I hope I'll have to eat my words

@shrap pal has thrown in 10 for a documented effort and and extra 30 for a make of a nollie tre
@Rasmus will throw in 150 danish krones under same original conditions as devil's acrobat (minus shame clause) if they can transfer from outside the US. I am also outside the US so I will be switching my form of transfer to PayPal. Danish Krones are an available currency on PayPal so I suggest that as a form of payment. Versace you better set up an account
@offkilter has 25 on the land of any trick other than ollie or regular stance 180
@devils acrobat has updated their conditions to 30 for the land of any trick other than or regular stance 180. In the event of the land 10 will be given if there was a proper try. They have also removed the shame clause from their offer.
@scab has 25 on the land of any flip trick. Will go up to 50 if said flip trick is a nollie tre
@Made In China has 10 on the land of a nollie tre and a separate offer that felt a little too mean to include :(
@TheVisitor has 50 on the land of a nollie and extra 50 if Jenkem somehow documenting this
@Atiba Applebum has 50 on a tow-in from the freeway exit a block up the hill (unlikely this one was not sarcastic) has 25 on documented good faith attempts (I'd say documentation is a requirement for any of the offers)
@Cheshire Cat has 15 euros for the land of any NBD shove it or flip trick performed in an all white outfit. Also PayPal
@Madam, I'm Adam has 5 Canadian dollars for the land of any for "modern street trick mid-level difficulty up". It has already been specified that this means no trick grabbing your board however further explanation would be appreciated as the request is quite vague. This means any flip trick or 360 ollie, no grabs allowed. Offer expires in 2 weeks time as of posting. This is the most elaborate offer given and is also the one for the smallest of amount money. Offer expires March 22nd, 2023. PayPal transfer only
@Lessfillingtastegreat has 20 on the land of nollie and an extra 5 if done in an all white outfit a la Heath. Currency needs specification
@fakie nollie will fly Versace out, film the clip, hand him cash and buy him dinnerfor the land of a nollie tre with the condition if he doesn't land it, Versace has to get a tattoo (I’ll pay for) that is 2x4 inches, in a visible place if asked to present it, that says “SLAP is my personal hell”. Versace has agreed to these conditions
@Roy Machine has 10 euros on the first pal to give a real attempt of any trick over the hydrant. 50 euros if it is done by Versace and it is a nollie tre attempt. (evidence required however, I'd say that is a requirement for all offers)

As of the moment of this edit we've got 490 US dollars, 75 Canadian dollars, 85 euros, 150 danish krones, 50 Australian dollars and 20 (form of currency pending) for a properly executed nollie tre over the hydrant with the promise of documented shame if trick is not executed. an extra 5 for a no power slide hill bomb, an extra 50 the freeway exit a block up the hill, an extra 50 if it gets documented by Jenkem and 15 euros and 5 (form of currency pending)  if trick is landed in an all white outfit. Canadian dollar amount goes down to 50 if trick is not landed by March 22nd, 2023. (the 5 Canadian dollar loss is only like 3.50 US dollars). Additionally, @fakie nollie has offered to fly Versace out, film the clip, hand him cash and buy him dinner for the land of a nollie tre with the condition if he doesn't land it, Versace has to get a tattoo paid for by fakie nollie, that is 2x4 inches, in a visible place if asked to present it, that says “SLAP is my personal hell”. Versace has agreed to these conditions
[close]

Fakie nollie and a few other people have also proposed the creation of a gofundme

Hold on - is it a nollie 360 flip? I thought it was a nollie 360 - this just makes it more impressive!

This is such a good story, I wonder if we could get a magazine (or Austyn  ;D) to help with the trip out to L.A.?

peacepappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -97
  • tae-tae
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #310 on: March 15, 2023, 03:48:52 AM »
Holy fuck I hope this goes down.

My cat is about to have babies and I will name one of them versacekid420 if you land this.
ohyeahohyeah

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #311 on: March 15, 2023, 04:49:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Hold on - is it a nollie 360 flip? I thought it was a nollie 360 - this just makes it more impressive!

This is such a good story, I wonder if we could get a magazine (or Austyn  ;D) to help with the trip out to L.A.?

Seems like it’s right up Jenkems alley

Lessfillingtastegreat

• Rep: 54
« Reply #312 on: March 15, 2023, 06:11:44 AM »

Ok. US Currency.  I’ll give the same payout if he does a kickflip over it in full heath cosplay. All white kit. 

I will consider other tricks depending on landing etc.  zero tolerance for an ollie or 180.  Maybe switch backside 180 if done proper.  A grabbing of your nutz after like Stevie Williams chocolate commercial does wonders for any trick.
8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 680
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
« Reply #313 on: March 15, 2023, 06:45:15 AM »
I think most people here are with me when I say,
I really really really want you to land this man
practice some canadian fly out nollie tres before you leave
you got this!!!

mareo

• Rep: -342
« Reply #314 on: March 15, 2023, 06:53:33 AM »
What pros do you guys think can do the nollie 360 flip over the hydrant?

Diego Najera, Tyshawn and Shane Oneill come to mind, but looks like it might be easier for regular footed skaters tho.

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 680
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
« Reply #315 on: March 15, 2023, 06:59:13 AM »

Diego Najera, Tyshawn and Shane Oneill come to mind, but looks like it might be easier for regular footed skaters tho.

i would have thought it would be easier for goofy. id way rather be able to see where the road is.

Louie Lopez could probably do it as well

i kinda feel like someone has already done this / is thinking about doing this who lives near it lol

QixHexagon

• Rep: 31
« Reply #316 on: March 15, 2023, 07:20:25 AM »
How are you all going to pay him? PayPal? I want to offer some cash too but I'm in Brazil and I don't know the easiest way to send the cash.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #317 on: March 15, 2023, 07:24:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i would have thought it would be easier for goofy. id way rather be able to see where the road is.

Louie Lopez could probably do it as well

i kinda feel like someone has already done this / is thinking about doing this who lives near it lol
Feel like if I do a nollie 3 flip and land bad I most likely swing out frontside just like how Versace did in their clip which I'd prob rather go off the curb than into the wall. (Assuming someone's watching for cars)
Hate to bring it up again but better get multiple angles filmed it looks like the perfect spot to wif to the side

Lessfillingtastegreat

• Rep: 54
« Reply #318 on: March 15, 2023, 07:39:37 AM »
After reviewing Versace clip I think if properly motivated is actually doable.  Nollie of a kicker is much different. Think about how many times you’ve seen a nollie Tre off a kicker.  It’s weird.  I do many nollie tricks over hips but have never done even tried a nollie 3 flip.  Nollie heels etc. for sure. Nollie Tre. You GOT THIS - FULL SEND as the kids say.

Doing this would get you legend status pretty quick.  Red clown shoes CTS will get you that extra too. 

8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx

djoekr

• Rep: 300
« Reply #319 on: March 15, 2023, 08:08:36 AM »
I hope versace gets a Thrasher cover. Or we bring Slap back for a special edition just to get him a cover.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #320 on: March 15, 2023, 10:10:12 AM »
After reviewing Versace clip I think if properly motivated is actually doable.  Nollie of a kicker is much different. Think about how many times you’ve seen a nollie Tre off a kicker.  It’s weird.  I do many nollie tricks over hips but have never done even tried a nollie 3 flip.  Nollie heels etc. for sure. Nollie Tre. You GOT THIS - FULL SEND as the kids say.

Doing this would get you legend status pretty quick.  Red clown shoes CTS will get you that extra too.

Hmm, I actually felt the opposite. The nose didn't hit the ground, it just kind of flung around off the front wheels. Still rooting for him, and I sure as hell can't nollie tre, but color me skeptical.
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

ejazzle

• Rep: 78
« Reply #321 on: March 15, 2023, 10:44:12 AM »
a ghost popped nollie tre aint gonna cut it. Stomp that bitch and let her fly young fire hydrant jedi

rooting for you mr versace

BootsWithTheFerg

• Rep: -32
« Reply #322 on: March 15, 2023, 10:52:12 AM »
Nollie 3flip into some sort of car insurance scam should be Plan B if original plan is too challenging.

smellymoron69

• Rep: -17
« Reply #323 on: March 15, 2023, 10:57:39 AM »
Switch tre?

Just realized why this photo really doesn't do the spot justice. Makes it seem like the sidewalk square with the crack is acting as the kicker. Really you pop off the square before that (not visible), and clear the square with the crack entirely. Street view tells the whole story... seems like a 5-6 foot gap from point of pop to the hydrant.

WPG

• Rep: -2
« Reply #324 on: March 15, 2023, 11:00:15 AM »
Forget about the pop for a second, can he nollie tre going x5-x10 faster than in that video?
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

Bondo_Sniffer

• Rep: -8
« Reply #325 on: March 15, 2023, 11:32:06 AM »
I can’t see that Nollie tre going down anything bigger than a 3 stair. You guys are actually fucked if you think this is going down. I’m pretty sure this kid will not even be able to fling one over the hydrant. Judging from the video that kid could not even Ollie the hydrant. Sorry, hate to be a hater, but you got to live in reality. Shit would be straight up dangerous for you.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #326 on: March 15, 2023, 12:49:07 PM »
I can’t see that Nollie tre going down anything bigger than a 3 stair. You guys are actually fucked if you think this is going down. I’m pretty sure this kid will not even be able to fling one over the hydrant. Judging from the video that kid could not even Ollie the hydrant. Sorry, hate to be a hater, but you got to live in reality. Shit would be straight up dangerous for you.
not bondo sniffer stroking my ego 😩😩😩😩 shall I post more clips on my youtube instead of a flat ground nollie tre

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #327 on: March 15, 2023, 12:56:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
not bondo sniffer stroking my ego 😩😩😩😩 shall I post more clips on my youtube instead of a flat ground nollie tre
Nollie tre off/over something would go a long way here.  Would help raise contributions I'd imagine.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #328 on: March 15, 2023, 12:58:05 PM »

Cromer. He Nollie 360 flipped over a curb cut to hydrant in LSD. At the 3:10 mark.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #329 on: March 15, 2023, 01:00:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Nollie tre off/over something would go a long way here.  Would help raise contributions I'd imagine.
https://youtube.com/shorts/r2VqZB10vaY?feature=share does this help