Author Topic: Austin Gillette Thrasher cover  (Read 64245 times)

Cheshire Cat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 59
Re: Austin Gillette Thrasher cover
« Reply #390 on: March 18, 2023, 01:28:04 PM »
Looking at pictures and Google street view of this spot I’m starting to have serious doubts about the versacity of these claims.

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 112
« Reply #391 on: March 18, 2023, 01:37:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So if we are to assume everyone's offers are serious, I've got 30 bucks on the proper make of any trick other than an ollie over the bump the hydrant, @gub has 5 (possibly a joke) and @devils acrobat has another 30 with the condition that the shame is properly documented in the event of no land. I made my offer before that so I'm not gonna make that a condition for mine but I'd  appreciate if @versacekid420 considers it as one. Unclear if @devils acrobat's offer only applies to a nollie tre. @shannamal also has 100 on a switch Tre over it, which Versace seems to have already turned down. We've got a nice pool going here. Seems like a massive bunt but I hope I'll have to eat my words

edit: @coldbrew has thrown in 20 on any flip/shove trick over it.
@shrap pal has thrown in 10 for a documented effort and and extra 30 for a make of a nollie tre
@Rasmus will throw in 150 danish krones under same original conditions as devil's acrobat (minus shame clause) if they can transfer from outside the US. I am also outside the US so I will be switching my form of transfer to PayPal. Danish Krones are an available currency on PayPal so I suggest that as a form of payment. Versace you better set up an account
@ApesPissed has 10 on either make or attempt of a nollie tre
@offkilter has 25 on the land of any trick other than ollie or regular stance 180
@backside_frontside has 5 on the land of a nollie tre
@doyle has 50 Canadian dollars on the land of a nollie tre
@devils acrobat has updated their conditions to 30 for the land of any trick other than or regular stance 180. In the event of the land 10 will be given if there was a proper try. They have also removed the shame clause from their offer.
@scab has 25 on the land of any flip trick. Will go up to 50 if said flip trick is a nollie tre
@Nosferatu has 5 on a no powerslide hill bomb
@Made In China has 10 on the land of a nollie tre and a separate offer that felt a little too mean to include :(
@TheVisitor has 50 on the land of a nollie and extra 50 if Jenkem somehow documenting this
@Jagr has 50 on the land of a nollie tre
@Dusty has 10 on the land of a nollie tre
@Atiba Applebum has 50 on a tow-in from the freeway exit a block up the hill (unlikely this one was not sarcastic) has 25 on documented good faith attempts (I'd say documentation is a requirement for any of the offers)
@witty pseudonym has 50 on the land of a nollie tre. PayPal transfer only
@Cheshire Cat has 15 euros for the land of any NBD shove it or flip trick performed in an all white outfit. Also PayPal
@Madam, I'm Adam has 5 Canadian dollars for the land of any for "modern street trick mid-level difficulty up". It has already been specified that this means no trick grabbing your board however further explanation would be appreciated as the request is quite vague. This means any flip trick or 360 ollie, no grabs allowed. Offer expires in 2 weeks time as of posting. This is the most elaborate offer given and is also the one for the smallest of amount money. Offer expires March 22nd, 2023. PayPal transfer only
@S. has 20 euros on the land of a nollie tre. PayPal
@Lessfillingtastegreat has 20 on the land of nollie and an extra 5 if done in an all white outfit a la Heath. Same payout for the land of a kickflip in all white kit. Land of other tricks may be considered for payout however there zero tolerance for an ollie or 180 except possibly for a well done switch back 180. Nut grab after land a la Stevie Williams recommended.
@fakie nollie will fly Versace out, film the clip, hand him cash and buy him dinnerfor the land of a nollie tre with the condition if he doesn't land it, Versace has to get a tattoo (I’ll pay for) that is 2x4 inches, in a visible place if asked to present it, that says “SLAP is my personal hell”. Versace has agreed to these conditions
@matty_c has 50 Australian dollars on a popped attempt
@figureitout has 30 on anything nollie over the hydrant
@Roy Machine has 10 euros on the first pal to give a real attempt of any trick over the hydrant. 50 euros if it is done by Versace and it is a nollie tre attempt. (evidence required however, I'd say that is a requirement for all offers)
@DERBY has 20 canadian dollars on the land of a nollie te
@muntcusclethrow has 20 on the land of a nollie tre
@EdLawndale has 30 on a popped attempt of a nollie tre that at least makes contact with the hydrant
@FatGuy92 has 100 on the land of a nollie tre and has also offered 100 to help fund Versace's flight

As of the moment of this edit we've got 640 US dollars, 75 Canadian dollars, 85 euros, 150 danish krones and 50 Australian dollars for a properly executed nollie tre over the hydrant with the promise of documented shame if trick is not executed. an extra 5 for a no power slide hill bomb, an extra 50 the freeway exit a block up the hill, an extra 50 if it gets documented by Jenkem and 15 euros and 5 (form of currency pending)  if trick is landed in an all white outfit. Canadian dollar amount goes down to 50 if trick is not landed by March 22nd, 2023. (the 5 Canadian dollar loss is only like 3.50 US dollars). Additionally, @fakie nollie has offered to fly Versace out, film the clip, hand him cash and buy him dinner for the land of a nollie tre with the condition if he doesn't land it, Versace has to get a tattoo paid for by fakie nollie, that is 2x4 inches, in a visible place if asked to present it, that says “SLAP is my personal hell”. Versace has agreed to these conditions
[close]

Expand Quote
I'm peaking on edibles and am feeling generous. I'll put $100 towards the flight and another $100 to versace if he lands the nollie tre. Im completely serious and have Venmo or whatever ready.

@versacekid420 where do you live? How far off are we from copping this dude a ticket?
[close]

Pot is at 640 US dollars, 75 Canadian dollars, 85 euros, 150 danish krones and 50 Australian dollars for the land of the nollie tre than. We have 100 offered to help fund Versace's flight.

If more people want to help fund the flight, a GoFundMe as people have mentioned before is probably the best idea. If Versace ends up getting the nollie tre, setting up a separate GoFundMe where people can pay up the money they put on the trick might be easier to keep track of than everyone sending their money through Venmo and PayPal. If @FatGuy92 wants to retract their offer for 100 on the flight and 100 if the nollie tre is landed I think that is pretty understandable as they made it while high and it is a lot of money.
[close]

Nope I still wanna see it, offer stands lol
haha fuck yeah
Looking at pictures and Google street view of this spot I’m starting to have serious doubts about the versacity of these claims.
phenomenal pun
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 01:46:02 PM by Nancy Chin »

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #392 on: March 18, 2023, 02:28:12 PM »
I just hit the spot to take some additional photos and measurements. Long story short, it's a 6 foot gap to clear the hydrant and it's not a flat gap, you need to pop it, so you're traveling at LEAST 8-9 feet. The street only really drops >1 foot to the hydrant, so it's at least 18-24" in height from the take off. I'm sure someone smarter than me can do the math. The actual "kicker" is just under 6' and as mentioned previously, the Bondo is in rough shape imo. the landing is 5' wide and has a pretty significant asphalted crack, so it's not level at all. Hydrant is about 29" tall measured from the higher side of the street. I was flying solo so photos and measurements aren't as precise as they could be, but should give everyone a good idea of what we're dealing with.

AKA everyone can save their money, no chance it's going down

Edit: also worth mentioning, by the time you’re past the hydrant and bombing the hill, you can’t see over the intersection for oncoming traffic, so you better be looking over your shoulder before dropping into the street. The traffic is constant and it moves fast

« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 03:05:26 PM by BartHarleyJarvis »

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #393 on: March 18, 2023, 02:46:18 PM »
Gnarred for measuring and because I’m wearing the exact same kicks right now.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #394 on: March 18, 2023, 02:54:54 PM »
you’re a legend for that scout work.

and yeah, that makes the spot look so much crazier.

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -617
« Reply #395 on: March 18, 2023, 02:56:58 PM »
That is so much gnarlier than it looks in the thrasher cover. fuck it, i haven't got much to spare but i'll put in $10usd for anything other than an ollie or 180...
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

Roy Machine

• Rep: -6
« Reply #396 on: March 18, 2023, 03:11:24 PM »
Well well looks like a shitty photo once more tricked us into comparing us with a pro athlete...damn you Austin Gillette  you switch hucking wanna be Bob Dylan. we poor internet warriors can't compete

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #397 on: March 18, 2023, 03:21:48 PM »
I've not yet had my faith in Versacekid420 shaken. You can do it!
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

HisNameIsntWarren

• Rep: 48
« Reply #398 on: March 18, 2023, 03:35:47 PM »
Nollie tre could be a bloodbath considering the speed you’d need but I think one or two might be able to be hail marry’d over it with the perfect pop. Even a nollie would be fucked, that bump is tiny.

Welcome to the OC bitch! This is how it’s done in Orange County.

ApesPissed

• Rep: 58
« Reply #399 on: March 18, 2023, 03:42:32 PM »
Thing looks huge in those photos

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #400 on: March 18, 2023, 04:17:48 PM »
Nollie tre could be a bloodbath considering the speed you’d need but I think one or two might be able to be hail marry’d over it with the perfect pop. Even a nollie would be fucked, that bump is tiny.

that's what i'm thinking. dudes thigh is going to get cored by one of the bolts on there

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1134
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #401 on: March 18, 2023, 04:53:06 PM »
I just hit the spot to take some additional photos and measurements. Long story short, it's a 6 foot gap to clear the hydrant and it's not a flat gap, you need to pop it, so you're traveling at LEAST 8-9 feet. The street only really drops >1 foot to the hydrant, so it's at least 18-24" in height from the take off. I'm sure someone smarter than me can do the math. The actual "kicker" is just under 6' and as mentioned previously, the Bondo is in rough shape imo. the landing is 5' wide and has a pretty significant asphalted crack, so it's not level at all. Hydrant is about 29" tall measured from the higher side of the street. I was flying solo so photos and measurements aren't as precise as they could be, but should give everyone a good idea of what we're dealing with.

Edit: also worth mentioning, by the time you’re past the hydrant and bombing the hill, you can’t see over the intersection for oncoming traffic, so you better be looking over your shoulder before dropping into the street. The traffic is constant and it moves fast

thanks for the photos I love you

Jesus Christ that is gnarly. But so am i when I wanna be so fuck it

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #402 on: March 18, 2023, 04:54:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
thanks for the photos I love you

Jesus Christ that is gnarly. But so am i when I wanna be so fuck it

Cue the Rocky training montage

ungzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #403 on: March 18, 2023, 04:54:53 PM »
hey man i'm feeling kinda buzzed so i've got 36 million dollars towards a nolle tre make in heath all white fit

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #404 on: March 18, 2023, 04:54:59 PM »
props to everyone that’s gotten a clip/cover on that. Maybe berle and austyn can hold hands at the bottom of the hill to block off traffic for me

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1045
« Reply #405 on: March 18, 2023, 05:10:47 PM »
I am willing to give a couple bucks for flight tickets additional to my offer if someone sets up a Gofundme. What is the average cost of some plane tickets if you fly inside the u.s?

Without revealing location, we’re looking at around $500 to get him to the hydrant

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #406 on: March 18, 2023, 06:03:26 PM »
Disclaimer:  This was merely some experimental viral marketing for the Bunt, returning this Wednesday, available on whatever platform you find your podcasts.
id love to be on the bunt im pretty entertaining

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 96
« Reply #407 on: March 18, 2023, 06:07:45 PM »
that spot is so fucked, props to anyone who can even get past the hydrant with the board still under them

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 90
« Reply #408 on: March 18, 2023, 06:18:14 PM »
Tyshawn could nollie tre it

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
« Reply #409 on: March 18, 2023, 08:18:01 PM »
hey man i'm feeling kinda buzzed so i've got 36 million dollars towards a nolle tre make in heath all white fit

You make a great point. I'd also like to request an all white Heath fit

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1045
« Reply #410 on: March 18, 2023, 08:21:02 PM »
Tyshawn could nollie tre it

He’d rather clip the hydrant or drag his foot on the landing

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • ow
« Reply #411 on: March 18, 2023, 08:30:03 PM »
If strobeck filmed the heath kickflip

Southernmost

• Rep: 106
« Reply #412 on: March 18, 2023, 09:16:51 PM »
Amazing recon of the spot BartHarleyJarvis. Measurements and extra photos really puts it into perspective. Looks pretty hectic and hard to skate, probably why only a handful of tricks went down there. Props to Versace for not backing down, yet. Hope you get out there and land it or at least give it some goes. Try and hit other famous LA spots. Would be great if someone documented this or made an edit of it.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #413 on: March 18, 2023, 09:22:05 PM »
dude you’re gonna die for $600

I whole heartedly believe in you though

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #414 on: March 19, 2023, 04:33:12 AM »
Wow those photos really show how gnarly that spot is.

Switch 360 flip is so crazy if landed.

I really want to see a nollie over it now. Ryan Lay perhaps?
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

one-off

• Rep: 105
« Reply #415 on: March 19, 2023, 07:50:36 AM »
Can we get some fund raising for music rights to Joy Division’s “Atmosphere”?

In the immortal words of the song:

Endless talking
Life rebuilding
Don't walk away versacekid420

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #416 on: March 19, 2023, 08:35:25 AM »
If strobeck filmed the heath kickflip

nah, it'd be worse. he'd be from the other side of the street, behind it, filming long lens, and zoomed in on a teenage boy's bare chest.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 765
« Reply #417 on: March 19, 2023, 11:07:33 AM »
$20 on any shuv, flip or nollie trick. That spot is way harder than it looks.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #418 on: March 19, 2023, 11:30:26 AM »
When I saw the photo that shows the hill of the angle, I said "what the fuck?" out loud while by myself. Jeez that spot's insane.

Bigfoot is real

« Reply #419 on: March 19, 2023, 12:28:06 PM »
This is on the road to classic slap if this dude makes any documented attempts. Could be the greatest $600 dollars ever made, or the biggest internet fueled bunt of all time.

I'm here for it, put me down for 100sek, has to be paypal.