Author Topic: Julien Stranger, what's up with that?  (Read 10454 times)

Shtonk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -342
Re: Julien Stranger, what's up with that?
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2024, 03:26:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
did the op really get banned off his first post for asking why people like julien so much? because if so that is the most slap thing of all time.
[close]

I'm all for free speech but questioning Stanger's legacy? Yeah fucking ban 'em.
[close]

Lol this forum is a trashfire echo chamber these days. OP makes 1 post asking an earnest question about a skater who's career was 30 years ago, and mods just ban him. Just to let you know, if you find yourself agreeing with most people here and think that proves anything about your beliefs, it's only because mods have banned like half of the people who have ever tried posting here for any diverging opinion.

‘Now social media will come down on you with the fury of a middle aged man who has accomplished nothing.’ - Dennis Reynolds

Let me guess that your "diverging opinion" is somewhere in the area of Tim Pool? Other than that, read the thread and find out. There is such a thing as deleting posts, shocking as that may  sound to you.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2024, 03:39:19 AM »
good julien story
live in big euro city and skate the plaza w close homie every saturday morning early
like maybe two years ago, were skating and i see a guy accross plaza that looks like him in vans, hiking backpack, skating w a second board in hand. go over to homie and say something bout it. we both dont think its him all alone. sure enough he comes over and hands a fresh 8.75 brian anderson board to the homie who was riding a 18 board. "here man take it, sell it if you need to, skate it, whatever you gotta do" we ask him to skate but he says hes going to Barcelona via train later that morning. could have been different day but 90% sure the fs noseblunt slide in fantastic voyage was that same day as he was wearing same fit. super chill guy. we chatted for a second and then he dipped. legendary 2 minute interation that lives forever
those types of stories, gestures.... you dont get Ronaldo just dropping by your local pitch to say hello and drop some boots off.
Julien forever gonna be cool for that

it is a pretty cool story. and I'd love a free BA 8.75! But comparing Stranger to Ronaldo? No way. That would be Nyjah or Sheckler maybe. Stranger would be more like Eden Hazard or something....   :P

jonnysheen

• Rep: -63
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2024, 04:16:03 AM »
Expand Quote
good julien story
live in big euro city and skate the plaza w close homie every saturday morning early
like maybe two years ago, were skating and i see a guy accross plaza that looks like him in vans, hiking backpack, skating w a second board in hand. go over to homie and say something bout it. we both dont think its him all alone. sure enough he comes over and hands a fresh 8.75 brian anderson board to the homie who was riding a 18 board. "here man take it, sell it if you need to, skate it, whatever you gotta do" we ask him to skate but he says hes going to Barcelona via train later that morning. could have been different day but 90% sure the fs noseblunt slide in fantastic voyage was that same day as he was wearing same fit. super chill guy. we chatted for a second and then he dipped. legendary 2 minute interation that lives forever
those types of stories, gestures.... you dont get Ronaldo just dropping by your local pitch to say hello and drop some boots off.
[close]

it is a pretty cool story. and I'd love a free BA 8.75! But comparing Stranger to Ronaldo? No way. That would be Nyjah or Sheckler maybe. Stranger would be more like Eden Hazard or something....   :P

Hazard?   Nah mate,  more like a Matt le Tissier,  underground legend

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2024, 06:20:18 AM »

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 789
« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2024, 08:04:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
did the op really get banned off his first post for asking why people like julien so much? because if so that is the most slap thing of all time.
[close]

I'm all for free speech but questioning Stanger's legacy? Yeah fucking ban 'em.
[close]

Lol this forum is a trashfire echo chamber these days. OP makes 1 post asking an earnest question about a skater who's career was 30 years ago, and mods just ban him. Just to let you know, if you find yourself agreeing with most people here and think that proves anything about your beliefs, it's only because mods have banned like half of the people who have ever tried posting here for any diverging opinion.

‘Now social media will come down on you with the fury of a middle aged man who has accomplished nothing.’ - Dennis Reynolds

there are no opinions about stranger, gall, gerwer or lee ralph. only facts. learn them or be banished.

assvogel

• Rep: 202
« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2024, 08:34:57 AM »
Whaddap!

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 789
« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2024, 08:36:25 AM »
Outstanding.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2024, 10:10:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
good julien story
[close]

[close]

Hazard?   Nah mate,  more like a Matt le Tissier,  underground legend

so underground I never heard of him  :P....so you just might be right!