Author Topic: Playing cards/card magic  (Read 206 times)

therealnod

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 36
  • Brevity is
Playing cards/card magic
« on: February 07, 2023, 09:22:34 PM »
I have upwards of 200 decks of cards (possibly more), dozens of magic lectures, a few of the most recommended books, and generally just wonder...anybody else on here take an interest in card magic/magic in general? There's actually a guy (Chris Ramsay) that used an uncut sheet of his playing cards as a board graphic. Never saw him ride it, though.

Mulldrifter

• Rep: 16
Re: Playing cards/card magic
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2023, 12:23:20 AM »
 edit : i'm just dumb i guess
« Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 12:48:36 AM by Mulldrifter »

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1099
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2023, 12:43:43 AM »
Never gotten involved in magic tricks myself but my friend is an amateur magician and a member of the Magic Castle. He took me with him one night to watch some of the magicians and, I have to be honest, I have no idea how most of them could perform their tricks. Truly mind-boggling.  They even asked me to pick a suit and the next person to pick a specific card and they chose the exact card, exact suit.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2023, 12:31:23 PM »
I was in LA recently stopped a couple times at a nearby bar that also does magic shows. The dude going around the bar doing tricks absolutely fucked me up.  I know it all has to be some sleight of hand techniques but fuck I can't wrap my head around the shit they can do