Author Topic: Whos to judge?  (Read 796 times)

RAmP GOD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -14
Whos to judge?
« on: February 05, 2023, 01:28:26 PM »
Im currently being held at gunpoint and forced to watch these olympic qualifiers... I am not thinking about my family nor am i wondering will Joslin win and secure my release,
All I can wonder is whos judging this shit? Theres no info online and the seem to have forgotten to mention it during the runs... can someone please help me with this question.
I have used my final message to my family to find out the answer to this question.
HELP ME!!

dannyprovolone

Re: Whos to judge?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2023, 05:47:36 PM »
facts

Fraserjamesjollyjamieson

• Rep: -17
  • Brown 2
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2023, 06:57:01 PM »
Corey duffle is one probably why the gaps we’re getting scored so we’ll which is about time tbh

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2023, 07:55:07 PM »
We talking about that thing in Dubai?
Some weird thoughts I had watching
I've never gone out of my way to feel anything extra negative about any contest skater but I'm not into jinwoo he has a weird scooter kid set up before tricks
Why do the Japanese all always wear Nike shirts? I thought maybe it's like soccer and Nike's the Japanese teams sponsor but everyone else just wears whatever. Joslin wore a rockstar shirt.
Lastly momiji got 3rd and I think won $18750 USd so for all the threads where the question of how much comp skaters win there's one specific answer lol but I doubt sls and xgames pay that much
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 09:38:41 PM by Mean salto »

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2023, 08:20:41 AM »
they named the judges in the beggining

Garret Hill Head Judge (IDK what that means)
Kristina Westad
Duffman
Daniel Lebron
Tim Hero (i think he's the dude who went to China, and started up a big skate camp program i culd be wrong)
Matt Milligan

I like contest, but these's mens finals are getting repetitive, and harder to Judge. hoefler and gustavo, been doing the same tricks for years.

As far as the contest prize money. Dubai gonna Dubai.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2023, 06:16:31 PM »
judging is actually super hard....I've done it before and it fried my brain. 

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2023, 06:49:13 AM »
I've never gone out of my way to feel anything extra negative about any contest skater but I'm not into jinwoo he has a weird scooter kid set up before tricks
Why do the Japanese all always wear Nike shirts? I thought maybe it's like soccer and Nike's the Japanese teams sponsor but everyone else just wears whatever. Joslin wore a rockstar shirt.
Lastly momiji got 3rd and I think won $18750 USd so for all the threads where the question of how much comp skaters win there's one specific answer lol but I doubt sls and xgames pay that much

Jinwoo's Nike Jordan long tee looked ridiculous. Also agree with his weird setup for tricks but he's only 12 so I'll give him some slack. Also, these contests get too predictable. Judges really need to start docking alot of points for reoccurring tricks every contest. Once I see that Ribeiro guy I know exactly what his run is going to be. Gnarly tricks for sure but boring. People hate on Nyjah but I recall him always throwing some new tricks into the mix of his usual go tos.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -761
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2023, 08:10:54 AM »
Can I watch highlights back
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2023, 08:20:51 AM »
Can I watch highlights back
Weird all the clips seem to have been taken down. Guess you gotta just skim thru this
https://www.youtube.com/live/eHgkwDcJiHQ?feature=share

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2023, 08:24:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Jinwoo's Nike Jordan long tee looked ridiculous. Also agree with his weird setup for tricks but he's only 12 so I'll give him some slack. Also, these contests get too predictable. Judges really need to start docking alot of points for reoccurring tricks every contest. Once I see that Ribeiro guy I know exactly what his run is going to be. Gnarly tricks for sure but boring. People hate on Nyjah but I recall him always throwing some new tricks into the mix of his usual go tos.
Lol yeah slack will be cut I'm not going to waste any time hating on a kid. Just the first time I've ever actually been like oh I don't want to watch this. Altho my comp watching days might be almost over the guys is too video game combo for me and the women's is basically just a 7th graders thing. I think Pamela is the last hold out of the at least 20 year olds group

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2023, 10:02:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Lol yeah slack will be cut I'm not going to waste any time hating on a kid. Just the first time I've ever actually been like oh I don't want to watch this. Altho my comp watching days might be almost over the guys is too video game combo for me and the women's is basically just a 7th graders thing. I think Pamela is the last hold out of the at least 20 year olds group

Gin Woo combos actually hurt him a little, becuase they're all front blunt variations. While any individual gin woo rail trick is a 9, in succession they lose point value, because variety is suppose to be considered in scoring. He's still getting high 8s though.

Nyjah and Yuto have the biggest bag and are the most fun to watch.

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2023, 12:31:13 PM »
Hoping for some @rothdigga input

Southernmost

• Rep: 116
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2023, 08:26:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Gin Woo combos actually hurt him a little, becuase they're all front blunt variations. While any individual gin woo rail trick is a 9, in succession they lose point value, because variety is suppose to be considered in scoring. He's still getting high 8s though.

I was saying the same thing about Ginwoo. Highly impressive but his bag consists of mostly front blunt variations. He’s so small and just doesn’t have power to his tricks, it’s all light footed finesse. I think Aurelien definitely deserved the win. He had speed, power, diverse bag of tricks. Used the whole course. I do think Gustavo’s tre flip noseblunt 270 shuv was slightly underscored though. Overall kind of a boring contest without Nyjah and Yuto in there.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2023, 04:05:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

I was saying the same thing about Ginwoo. Highly impressive but his bag consists of mostly front blunt variations. He’s so small and just doesn’t have power to his tricks, it’s all light footed finesse. I think Aurelien definitely deserved the win. He had speed, power, diverse bag of tricks. Used the whole course. I do think Gustavo’s tre flip noseblunt 270 shuv was slightly underscored though. Overall kind of a boring contest without Nyjah and Yuto in there.
It's a shame Shane O'Neil is done with comps (I think) because the newer courses look like they'd of suited him better. I think they're trying to get away from the yuto, nyjah big stairs/rail and have more dependable Aurelien/Joslin long hucks and Gustavo tech

Southernmost

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2023, 08:28:31 AM »
Shane skated this contest but didn’t make it past the first round unfortunately. Surprised that Yuto, Dashawn and Felipe Mota didn’t advance either. I found the full list of final results if anyone cares to look.
https://www.worldskate.org/skateboarding/results/category/1047-results-wst-sharjah-street-2022-world-championships.html?download=5804:men-street-full-result

rothdigga

• Rep: 572
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2023, 02:49:18 PM »
Hoping for some @rothdigga input

As someone who has judged a LOT of contests, what kind of input are you looking for specifically?  I'm game to give as much as I can. 

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2023, 05:15:40 PM »
Shane skated this contest but didn’t make it past the first round unfortunately. Surprised that Yuto, Dashawn and Felipe Mota didn’t advance either. I found the full list of final results if anyone cares to look.
https://www.worldskate.org/skateboarding/results/category/1047-results-wst-sharjah-street-2022-world-championships.html?download=5804:men-street-full-result
Derp me dum. Skimmed thru the qualifier vid and never saw him. My bad

Southernmost

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2023, 09:06:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Derp me dum. Skimmed thru the qualifier vid and never saw him. My bad

Same, I only saw the finals but was wondering why so many people were missing from it but saw skaters posting on IG from Dubai.