Author Topic: Skateboard Care  (Read 478 times)

Cowboy29

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
Skateboard Care
« on: February 10, 2023, 03:02:33 PM »
This might be a stupid question, but I skateboarded for a bit- then got a bad injury and was banned from continuing by my parents for about two years. I’m starting up again now, but I haven’t touched the board in a while. It doesn’t look too bad- a bit scuffed up, grip tape might need to be redone, but I’m not any kind of expert. Does anybody have any idea what kinda maintenance I might need to do?

elegant_fox

Re: Skateboard Care
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2023, 03:54:43 PM »
I had a deck I left together for a few years while taking a break from street skating, when I came back to it and started using it, I found the tail delaminated pretty quickly with new use. Additionally, the bearings were beyond servicing, even though I tried cleaning them and lubricating them.

So I’d keep an eye on deck integrity as you get back to skating this deck and plan to replace soon. I would lean towards replacing the bearings unless they feel like they really don’t need it. Depends on how much moisture the board has been exposed to over the years.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023, 05:21:46 PM »
Just use it. If it works, it works. If something doesn't work, replace that one thing. It's probably 100% fine

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2023, 11:37:58 PM »
I had a set up in my basement from 1997 until 2020 and one day decided to skate again. The board worked just fine. My legs didn‘t.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro