Author Topic: RIP Plug 2, Trugoy the Dove  (Read 1106 times)

radcunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
Re: RIP Plug 2, Trugoy the Dove
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2023, 03:54:28 AM »
Still fuckin' sucks.  Hardest to take since MCA passed.  De Las wholesome positivity and amazing beats were such a perfect flip side to all the gangster & up tempo rap at the time, which I also loved but it all complimented each other. 

Shame he didn't get to enjoy getting his rights back, but at least it happened.  RIP.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2023, 07:41:18 AM »

"these brothers are the 'big bang' of some of the most beautiful things that happened in our culture"

amen...fucking so well put.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2023, 12:31:04 AM »
I haven't really watched late night tv in ages (really outside of Letterman's run down to his finale, but even before that probably since I was in high-school). But, tonight, I made sure to tune into see Jimmy Fallon with Pos and Maceo on as guests, and then performing with Roots. Two of my favorite hip-hop acts of all time working together. Really can't wait until we hopefully start seeing some re-issues on wax.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2023, 12:34:15 PM »

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2023, 12:51:03 PM »

thank you for posting this...wow, can't believe a performance on a late-night tv show has me in tears

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2023, 01:34:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

thank you for posting this...wow, can't believe a performance on a late-night tv show has me in tears

A little after Dilla's passing this dude in LA put on a live orchestra version of Dilla tunes, they did a one weekend sold out show and I was lucky to get tickets, everyone in the beat scene was there I sat a few seats from Flying lotus...had to had been around 2008

They surprised everyone by bringing out de la soul and did a 10min long version of the stakes is high...that place was on fire, seeing that reminded me of that night.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2023, 01:58:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

A little after Dilla's passing this dude in LA put on a live orchestra version of Dilla tunes, they did a one weekend sold out show and I was lucky to get tickets, everyone in the beat scene was there I sat a few seats from Flying lotus...had to had been around 2008

They surprised everyone by bringing out de la soul and did a 10min long version of the stakes is high...that place was on fire, seeing that reminded me of that night.

i actually listen to that Suite for Ma Dukes orchestra album a lot...that sounds like an incredible experience

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2023, 11:58:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

i actually listen to that Suite for Ma Dukes orchestra album a lot...that sounds like an incredible experience

I bought the vinyl of that album that night and still haven’t opened it.  That night was pretty dope, I remember chilling during the intermission with flylo and Ras G (RIP).

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2023, 08:49:03 AM »
This is one of my top 5 de la soul tracks, remember this video as a kid was and didn't notice the shorty's shirt

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2023, 02:18:31 PM »
Now that De La Soul has control of their music, all their albums I believe are finally on vinyl. I've been a massive fan forever. I already had Grind Date and De La Soul is Dead, but was finally able to get my hands on Stakes is High which is my personal favorite De La Soul album of all time, plus figured if I was paying a premium in shipping anyway might as well add 3 Feet High and Rising and Buhloon State of Mind which are both all time classics for me.