Author Topic: What company would you never rep / support and why?  (Read 14136 times)

Wienerboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -103
  • Hey you're really cool and definitely not a kook
What company would you never rep / support and why?
« on: February 15, 2023, 10:45:09 AM »
Skateboarding brands or otherwise, there are some things I'll never give my money to.

Skate

Element - I've never fucked with Element. Probably because of the combination of Bam and Sheckler on its team back in the day, but I've never liked their graphics either. Or their logo.

Cariuma - We all know they're f-king whack.

Rip n Dip - More childish graphics, and I heard the owner isn't a very cool person and has bad allegations against them.

World Industries - I really never liked much about the company, even down to most of the riders (when I was growing up). Their cartoon logos, Wet Willy and Flame Boy bullshit was so childish and uncool to me. I viewed Blind Skateboards in the same way during the 2000's.

Non-Skate

Subway - The food is nasty, cheap and devoid of sustenance. Not to mention the whole Jared Fogle shit and the fact they advertise their food as if Olympians and athletes eat there.

Lacoste - I've never worn nor would I ever wear Lacoste.
If my rep is ever an even number, please kindly throw me either a kook or a gnar in order to return me to my odd number equilibrium.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3374
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
Re: What company would you never rep / support and why?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2023, 12:05:01 PM »
Frog
I don't want to get arrested under suspicion of being a predator.

TheDingus

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2023, 12:16:12 PM »
How many of these threads exist and why

Wienerboy

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2023, 12:20:09 PM »
because not everyone lurks on this site for years of their lives and keeps a ledger account of all the topics that have been covered
If my rep is ever an even number, please kindly throw me either a kook or a gnar in order to return me to my odd number equilibrium.

Dusty

• Rep: -9
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2023, 12:21:44 PM »
Sheckler wasn’t on Element

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -528
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2023, 12:27:20 PM »

I think he’s thinking of nyjah because they were both kids before they were adults.

TheFandangler

• Rep: 15
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2023, 12:30:16 PM »
These are some incredibly hot takes. Might want to change username to edgelord. Next thing you know he’s going to be saying he also doesn’t like Theeve trucks or Revive.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2023, 12:31:25 PM »
Lacoste - I've never worn nor would I ever wear Lacoste.

Read this as lactose and was going to agree really hard
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

TheFandangler

• Rep: 15
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2023, 12:31:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think he’s thinking of nyjah because they were both kids before they were adults.

Ahh yes, that’s probably it. I think that line of progression was exclusive to them and maybe a few others.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2023, 12:36:12 PM »

I was very confused by this as well, perhaps you meant Etnies?? But I'm betting you didn't know because you rudely accused someone of being lame for checking old boards.

Brands

DGK - I actually love most of the riders, especially Kalis and Stevie I just never liked their graphics as much

Nike - I'm old and come from the time period when having a big corporate shoe sponsor was considered lame. Thank god I was never good at skateboarding because I would have missed out on all the contracts

Red Bull - Even though they give riders tons of money and I'm happy for them, I think the drink tastes like piss

Darkstar - Always hated their weird dark knight graphic design bullshit

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2023, 12:36:43 PM »
Frog

Same. I’ve got a mustache most days.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 520
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2023, 12:42:04 PM »
Rip n Dip for more reasons than I can count

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2023, 12:46:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Everyone was a kid before they were an adult unless you’re the Trunchbull

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2023, 12:52:09 PM »

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1383
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2023, 12:54:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Everyone was a kid before they were an adult unless you’re the Trunchbull

I understand and appreciate this reference

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 344
  • rest in peace Loaf
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2023, 12:59:52 PM »
I tell myself I'll never go to McDonalds or shop on Amazon but if I'm on a road trip, I'm hungry as fuck, it's 3 AM in the middle of nowhere and Mickey D's is the only thing that's open, you bet your ass I'm getting a quarter pounder and fries. Same goes for Amazon, fuck them but I used their free trial of Prime for my christmas shopping this year because I procrastinated to the last week leading up to the 25th. In that same spirit, right now I do not see myself ever wanting to buy a Monarch board but if they start putting out sick graphics or if they give Evon Martinez a board I'll probably buy one.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Suangi

• Rep: 9
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2023, 01:03:09 PM »
Frog

Oh ffs. Who on there is a nonce?

Acid Drop

• Rep: -61
  • Everyone sucks but me
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2023, 01:12:29 PM »
Meat Industry I don't want to support the deaths of millions of innocent animals. Also, you're eating your ancestors and embibing evil, demonic spirits. I don't eat from Mcdonald's or Burger King or KFC. All absolute trash.

Mama skates They wanted $1000 for a pair of pants and the owners are already pretty well off.

Creature/Monster/Red Bull Fuck all that beastly shit, disgusting.

Nike I think the swoosh is the ugliest thing ever on the side of a shoe and they put it on every god damned model!

Ace The truck design is unappealing to me.

Thanks, if I think of anymore shit I'll make another post entry to the thread. Just having some fun. ALL OF THEM was a great answer.
What-ah? Ah-how-wha? huh? You're confused, you're alone, it's Saturday night, you have no pants on

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2023, 01:23:50 PM »
Noah -  Not because their clothes aren't cool, but because their pricing scale makes it unattainable for the average joe. I've read Brendon Babenzien's justification for the cost of their stuff and I just can't imagine spending that kind of money on clothes. More power to people who want to though. And for clarity, I'm not what you would call a "broke ass bitch"

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1145
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2023, 01:27:56 PM »
I tell myself I'll never go to McDonalds or shop on Amazon but if I'm on a road trip, I'm hungry as fuck, it's 3 AM in the middle of nowhere and Mickey D's is the only thing that's open, you bet your ass I'm getting a quarter pounder and fries. Same goes for Amazon, fuck them but I used their free trial of Prime for my christmas shopping this year because I procrastinated to the last week leading up to the 25th. In that same spirit, right now I do not see myself ever wanting to buy a Monarch board but if they start putting out sick graphics or if they give Evon Martinez a board I'll probably buy one.

Love a man that stands by his principles
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -528
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2023, 01:28:46 PM »
Meat Industry I don't want to support the deaths of millions of innocent animals. Also, you're eating your ancestors and embibing evil, demonic spirits. I don't eat from Mcdonald's or Burger King or KFC. All absolute trash.

Mama skates They wanted $1000 for a pair of pants and the owners are already pretty well off.

Nike I think the swoosh is the ugliest thing ever on the side of a shoe and they put it on every god damned model!

Thanks, if I think of anymore shit I'll make another post entry to the thread. Just having some fun. ALL OF THEM was a great answer.

I’d just like to point out that this is not settled science. 

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2023, 01:29:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Most people were

Acid Drop

• Rep: -61
  • Everyone sucks but me
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2023, 01:37:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I’d just like to point out that this is not settled science.

Yes, absolutely. More of how I see things from my perspective.
What-ah? Ah-how-wha? huh? You're confused, you're alone, it's Saturday night, you have no pants on

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2023, 01:51:16 PM »
BP oil would have to butter me up real good before i repped them

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2023, 01:54:53 PM »
I usually ignore these kind of threads because they tend to devolve into arguments over why you should support "x company", but I'm bored at work so fuck it. Let's play along.

Footwear: adidas , I know I'll catch some flack for that one, but it's not that I dislike their product at all. Their shoes are just not designed for someone with wider, flatter feet such as myself. The only pair I never experienced pain while just simply wearing them. Still love their team and will daydream about being able to wear their shoes.

Clothing: Supreme Not much else needs to be said. Overpriced, overrated, too much "I'm better than you because I conflate my value in this world with the amount of money I spent on these outfits."

Bloards: too many to name, but to pinpoint just one... I'd have to say FA/Hockey. I know it's trendy to hate on these companies, but my complaint is that their bloards are just meh. Broke on on a flat ground pop shuv last summer and will absolutely never purchase another.

Trucks: Tensors They just look like cheaply made toy trucks for completes you'd buy a 5 year-old at Walmart or some shit.

Wheels: Ricta Saw a dude split one of those Ricta Cloud wheels straight down the middle after landing a flyout when he weighed MAYBE 110lbs. This was like 10 years ago, but my opinion still stands.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3374
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2023, 02:15:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Frog
[close]

Oh ffs. Who on there is a nonce?

No no no it's not that. I'm almost 49 years old. Frog gear would make me look predatory, straight up.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -199
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2023, 03:12:00 PM »
Idgaf who, if I get some free product and a post on insta I'll rep that shit

Wienerboy

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2023, 03:14:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Most people were

I did indeed confuse Sheckler with Nyjah. I didn't fuck with Almost because of Sheckler and every little kid learning so skate had a Sheckler deck at the time.

Noah is a good answer. It seemed to be a cool skate brand for industry posers or something. I remember a friend in NYC fashion adjacent who got all excited about em and I just wasn't ever convinced. 

Supreme is a little bit different because of the deeper skate roots and sometimes their collabs can be done really nicely ie. Gummo and Koyaanisqatsi.

Darkstar is another one I never liked growing up. And now they're sold at department stores.

I don't like FA (refuse to type that dumb brand name out) but I do like Hockey. I like the mask graphics and the name of it is actually very cool to me, and also to some people that enjoy the sport of Hockey.

HeapsCool

• Rep: -174
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2023, 03:21:25 PM »
Honestly most skate brands. I’m not 14 anymore and I hide my skateboarding from my adult friends. Graphic tees? No thanks. Sole tech? I mean, I’m 33. Polar, maybe some of the more plain affordable supreme stuff, passport but even that’s a little on the nose. I’ve given enough money in my youth to skate companies. Now I just want quality well made clothes that don’t make me a walking billboard and are made in Bangladesh in appalling conditions.

TLDR I’m more about buying quality these days than skater owned.

emotional_degloving

• Rep: 44
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2023, 03:29:05 PM »
RipnDip- The owner's a scumbag and thief. Everyone who reps their shit is a shithouse. I was given an Element section with pink RipNdip grip on it once. I got rid of it quicktime.

Nike- I'm gonna be real even beyond the fact they're Evil Corporation the shoes feel horrible on my feet and I have to go up a size and a half for them to even vaguely be alright. Same with Adidas but I find the 3 stripes less obnoxious then the big ass swoosh.

The companies that sponsor wack Instagram skaters exclusively- Berriuma, HopKing and Tomo Grip. Glad they're getting something but I think shit's wack.

Creature, Birdhouse and Anti-Hero. Also Powell. - For all of them I don't care because they're all Vert based brands and I am not a vert skater and they're all california shit. I don't fuck with the "hellride!!!" bowl troll life and the graphics are usually ass for all of em- which is a shame because I do like Todd Francis' artwork. If Anti-Hero used the pidgeon and didn't get on Harley Davidson shit I'd be alright with it. Creature's just wack. Powell- I genuinely do not understand the appeal- maybe it's one of those "had to be there" things. If I met the skeleton mascot in the street he'd probably call me a slur.

also Fucking Awesome, Hockey, Primitive and Plan B for similar reasons of "ass graphics" and "team I don't like"