Author Topic: Best Slappy Wheels?  (Read 4502 times)

rawbertson.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Best Slappy Wheels?
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2023, 08:03:00 AM »
Best at what?

The EASIEST will always be something with the most rounded corners so you can get up onto 2 wheels more easily / put the board onto its side. i would think spitfire classic shape is the most rounded but people have mentioned other brands and i believe its the same idea. As others said though, those will not necessarily lock into the grind as well/ fall out of the grind easier.

I slappy on 8" and 9" setups with wheels 47mm 103a to 58mm 95a. I dont really find one easier than the other or better. They are all conical full shaped wheels i believe - but from OJ, Bones and Spitfire (my spitfires for sure are this shape). Very Wide , rounded corners on all of them.

i personally like having a harder wheel and slightly tighter trucks just because i feel like its easier to powerslide and tilt with that combo. i dont need it though ,i have done it with loose trucks + soft wheels. I prefer the harder wheels for noseslide tricks too so all in all it just makes for a more fun session for me to have a harder wheel. dont need to wax so hard on the side of the curb. I am really happy with the F4 99a, good mix of grip + slide. I am curious to try 97s but I dont think I need them.

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2023, 10:56:47 AM »
Expand Quote
it doesnt matter at all. anything works. dont buy into the whole ‘curb setup’ bs
[close]

All that needs to be said.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2023, 11:08:12 AM »
i feel like a proper "curb setup" is acutally very shitty at doing slappies and flip tricks, and basically anything. you just have to be that much sicker at skating to make it work and that is part of the fun of it. you dont build it to make it easier, you build it to make it more difficult!

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2023, 03:24:55 PM »
i would think spitfire classic shape is the most rounded

Little Doodies would like to have a word with you.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2023, 11:41:20 PM »
I bet Rat bones are the best actually. Ive used them a few times. It's wide soft  and off set. The outside edge of the wheel over hangs the nut probably grips the wall of the curb and now they slide too. 
Def look like you can slappy at least. Get a trucker hat a tad t shirt and a brown flannel.

My rat bones twos aren't the best for curbs. The flex side to side. Probably be better with 6.1s so they don't lock both sides of the curb.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2023, 10:41:03 AM »
I’m old and bloated. I skate 78-97a depending. Given that most of my skating is slappys I think I might have some sage advice here: slam the curb at a 45° angle and try not to fall.

Really though, you want wheels that have enough meat on the outer wall to sort of shimmy in the curb, but not enough to slow you down once you’re up there.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 975
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2023, 11:35:39 AM »
Been mucking around with wheels of late, slappys, flat and ollies (gaps/stuff): All 52mm with 2 exceptions

Spitfire - Formula 4 99a

Spit Conical
Spit Tablet
Spit Classic

Bones

Bones X97a (52 and 54)
Bones STF V3 103a
Bones STF V1 103a

Smooth terrain/plaza, I'd pick V3 every time (V1 second place). Skinny for more truck area, blunstlide like a boss (nothing comes close, not even spit 101), lip allows easy rolling up and off curbs; lightweight, slim surface area.

Regs terrain, Classics all day -wish that classic slim would come back- they just roll up (and off so be cautious) anything at will.

Rough terrain: X97s V5/V1

Absolutely HATE tablets for slappys, so many willy grinds on accident it's not funny. Ledges only for me on these.

149s (or bigger if that's your thang) and V3s is soo crazy good, pinch is great with such a narrow wheel freeing up so much hanger.

biaherl

• Rep: 263
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2023, 12:29:50 PM »
I was hung over and slappied with some 58mm. It was so easy that it was too much for me in that condition so I had to stop

54's when your hung over

streetmeat

• Rep: 172
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2023, 02:51:38 PM »
i learned on 52 tablets and recently i switched to 56 Loophole Vs and while getting up onto things its obviously easier, i feel like i monster truck over everything a lot more and miss the lock in with bigger wheels.