Author Topic: Slow Impact Arizona  (Read 7018 times)

Dead to Me

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 74
Slow Impact Arizona
« on: February 18, 2023, 06:54:17 PM »
Anyone here went to any of the events? Able to report on how it went or how it’s going?

I’ve been seeing a few clips here & there. Looks like a good time. I’m hoping I can maybe make the next one if they keep it going.

switchfakie

Re: Slow Impact Arizona
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2023, 08:15:48 PM »
nah sorry dawg, i didnt go so i cant tell you how it was

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2210
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2023, 09:32:28 PM »
I don’t know about Slow Impact, but you can’t bring up Arizona (Iced Tea, that is) without mentioning the wild dogz of Natty Kon.
Now THAT’s where the real “impact” is happening, young buck!!! Bong rips pulled through a liter sugar free Diet Peach Flavored Iced Tea is how those homies roll.
Put some Bone Stallone in your phone & get on home.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2023, 10:16:32 PM »
I don’t know about Slow Impact, but you can’t bring up Arizona (Iced Tea, that is) without mentioning the wild dogz of Natty Kon.
Now THAT’s where the real “impact” is happening, young buck!!! Bong rips pulled through a liter sugar free Diet Peach Flavored Iced Tea is how those homies roll.

Damn I was low key mildly neutral on opening this thread, but now all I wanna do is go rip a dollar can and some guacamole chips to relive the glory days.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1326
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2023, 02:32:07 AM »
Daily dollar cans made me like 10 lbs heavier. Love that stuff though!
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2023, 03:44:47 AM »

This guy fucks

HelgaBliegel

• Rep: 6
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2023, 03:58:52 PM »
I was there. Honestly one of the best skateboarding events I've ever been to. So many events are all partitioned off; like a contest or a demo where you just watch people skate and everyone is all cliquey. This event was free, open and everyone was super kind and fun to skate with. I'll go back again next year for sure.

Safariferrari

• Rep: 42
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2023, 04:30:16 PM »
cph open for skaters who read

slimvanilla

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2023, 04:32:28 PM »
shit was cool. went to the art panel thing on Sunday and it was dope to see Jerry. also met GH who seemed like a total goofball lol

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2023, 09:18:37 PM »
wish i coulda made it but the timing didn’t work out. always wanted to go to pushing boarders overseas, so this woulda been perfect. hoping to make it out next year. looked rad, waiting for the panel recordings.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

IpathCats

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2023, 04:40:04 AM »
Never heard of it. Any details would be a appreciated. My wife and I love traveling to skate events.

ChipSuey

• Rep: 25
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2023, 04:52:51 AM »
Never heard of it. Any details would be a appreciated. My wife and I love traveling to skate events.

Their instagram had a bunch of info - it was spearheaded by Ryan Lay and other folks from the Skate After School program, far as I can tell.  Sort of a cross of Pushing Boarders and CPH, but far more mellow. 

https://www.instagram.com/slowimpactaz/

IpathCats

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2023, 06:08:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Their instagram had a bunch of info - it was spearheaded by Ryan Lay and other folks from the Skate After School program, far as I can tell.  Sort of a cross of Pushing Boarders and CPH, but far more mellow. 

https://www.instagram.com/slowimpactaz/

Thanks!

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 238
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2023, 06:37:09 AM »
I was there. Honestly one of the best skateboarding events I've ever been to. So many events are all partitioned off; like a contest or a demo where you just watch people skate and everyone is all cliquey. This event was free, open and everyone was super kind and fun to skate with. I'll go back again next year for sure.

Agreed, it was something special and it was catered towards the average skater. I was talking to these guys about splitting an uber to an event and Ryan comes up and was like no guys we’ll find you a ride np. What a nice guy

IpathCats

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2023, 06:46:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Agreed, it was something special and it was catered towards the average skater. I was talking to these guys about splitting an uber to an event and Ryan comes up and was like no guys we’ll find you a ride np. What a nice guy

You go to all the events!

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 238
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2023, 06:49:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You go to all the events!

Being on the west coast already, luckily this one was pretty easy for me. Only a 3 hour flight and tempe is relatively cheap to stay.

Slikk

• Rep: -33
  • im proper
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2023, 07:12:13 AM »
Damn I was low key mildly neutral on opening this thread, but now all I wanna do is go rip a dollar can and some guacamole chips to relive the glory days.

i wish them shits weren't $1.25 now

slikk slikk

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2023, 07:17:54 AM »
couple of my homies went, seemed like a lovely and inspiring event. Ryan and the team did a great job organizing + im definitely considering going if there's one next year.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2210
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2023, 02:28:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i wish them shits weren't $1.25 now

slikk slikk
Well, well...
Look who's back back!
Where you been been, Slikk?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Tristxn

• Rep: 11
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2023, 06:49:14 PM »
Anyone here went to any of the events? Able to report on how it went or how it’s going?

I’ve been seeing a few clips here & there. Looks like a good time. I’m hoping I can maybe make the next one if they keep it going.

It was absolutely amazing. Genuinely one of the best times of my life.

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2024, 07:41:27 AM »
A month away now.. February 16-19 for anyone interested in the second annual event.

I got family’s couch to crash on, so I might just go for it. Seems like a cool experience.

https://www.instagram.com/slowimpactaz/p/C2LkoHov6dK/?img_index=2

easymoneysniper

• Rep: 42
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2024, 08:20:01 AM »
it was pretty dope last year. most of it takes place in my favorite section of Tempe. cowtown, buffalo exchange, otto pizza, and cartel coffee all right there on the corner basically.

not 100% going again but i think it'd be sick plus I have some friends in AZ i bet i could stay with

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3335
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2024, 08:46:25 AM »
Is it like a lecture series and skate event? Is there skating every day? Looks pretty neat.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2024, 08:54:49 AM »
A Frank Lloyd Wright tour with Ted Barrow sounds like a real skate dream
like playing chess with abe lincoln and a badger

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2024, 09:12:42 AM »
Is it like a lecture series and skate event? Is there skating every day? Looks pretty neat.

Yes, yes, and yes from what I read about last year.

I’m not a great skater, drinker, or partier but I can be down for the academic side of skateboarding. Happy to have lived long enough to see them merge more and more.

goldfishboot

• Rep: 146
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2024, 10:03:05 AM »
stoked to be attending/helping out this year. I'll actually be in town for a few days on either side of the event so if anyone wants to link up and do some extracurricular ditch or DIY pulverizin let me know!

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2024, 04:42:41 PM »

goldfishboot

• Rep: 146
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2024, 07:37:54 AM »

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2024, 02:35:54 AM »
I’m roadtripping from Denver. Should be there in the morning. I heard there some heavy straight edge vibes and we drink and smoke. Would they still welcome us?

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

addie pray

• Rep: -526
  • u a whole goofy
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2024, 07:36:58 AM »
how fried do you need to get to skate small shit?