Author Topic: f'ing awesome  (Read 14594 times)

usehername720

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
Re: f'ing awesome
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2023, 12:07:35 AM »
If the Atlantic Drift brand ever happens I would love to see Touzery on

AdditionalSlip

• Rep: -27
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2023, 12:40:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Just cause its bbs doesn't mean the company didn't ask them to cut corners to ship a given amount.
[close]

Wow I really don't know how to explain how stupid of a statement this is.

"Oh you guys are backed up on orders and can't make boards for us for awhile? Okay but what if you use less glue and shitty wood?"

Or dill insists he's the biggest company in the industry and they better fucking deliver the mountain of decks he wants on the shelves, bbs feel pressured to deliver, slack on qc, maybe even subcontract. I don't know why you think this is stupid. These are companies, selling products, not ur skate homies.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2023, 04:36:10 AM »
I like current Berle.. skating and fashion.

I think he pulls off the Dylan well.

I do too. Here's the thing; it is just a look & Dylan did not own this. Should I call everyone out because my grandfather had this look back in 1950 when he bought his first house? Fuck no.

FA is fine, will continue to be fine & make cool stuff. The end. Again! Don't buy it. Show Dill who is boss!

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 227
  • often correct
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2023, 04:37:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just cause its bbs doesn't mean the company didn't ask them to cut corners to ship a given amount.
[close]

"Oh you guys are backed up on orders and can't make boards for us for awhile? Okay but what if you use less glue and shitty wood?"
[close]

Or dill insists he's the biggest company in the industry and they better fucking deliver the mountain of decks he wants on the shelves, bbs feel pressured to deliver, slack on qc, maybe even subcontract. I don't know why you think this is stupid. These are companies, selling products, not ur skate homies.
you’re just making shit up in your head and pretending it’s true

citycity

• Rep: -105
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2023, 04:45:25 AM »
Beatrice sucks. And that gremlin from the west rips. Hate dill. Love Ave. what else is there to say. The brand is super successful trend and that’s rlly all there is about that.

citycity

• Rep: -105
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2023, 04:46:57 AM »
This thread is downriver

AdditionalSlip

• Rep: -27
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2023, 05:00:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Fair enough, I realise I'm just speculating based on what I'd expect from a company that over evaluated its potential profits when skateboard sales surged 🤷

People don't get defensive when companies like dwindle are accused of playing capitalism.

Terminal

« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2023, 05:01:54 AM »
F'ing cares.

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 153
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2023, 07:37:13 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I do too. Here's the thing; it is just a look & Dylan did not own this. Should I call everyone out because my grandfather had this look back in 1950 when he bought his first house? Fuck no.

FA is fine, will continue to be fine & make cool stuff. The end. Again! Don't buy it. Show Dill who is boss!

I think it's more than just the look. Berle feels the need to bit Dylan's post-landing steeze so hard and he forces it unnaturally after tricks. Berle also looks like he's squeezing into those Dickies. His frame is too large and his feet are too big to rock the slim cuffed pants and small board like Dill and Dylan did before him. He just looks goofy, like he's wearing a Halloween costume. I guess not liking his style is a matter of personal preference, but a lot of people tend to agree.

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -84
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2023, 07:41:36 AM »
Will confirm that I snapped a Hockey board on a kickflip on flat.

Love the company, but man does Dill put out some ugly clothes, and graphics.
Same, well FA, and that was back when they were PS. Still got it. One of the hologram AVE’s. First and last board that cost me $70 w/ grip.

Mongo Lloyd

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2023, 08:05:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Will confirm that I snapped a Hockey board on a kickflip on flat.

Love the company, but man does Dill put out some ugly clothes, and graphics.
[close]
Same, well FA, and that was back when they were PS. Still got it. One of the hologram AVE’s. First and last board that cost me $70 w/ grip.

Ha! Mine was one of the silver pixelated terminator graphics. I ended up selling the other two here on slap afterwards.

I had no issues with the shape, but damn was that board ever soft. Which brings me to another point. For all the shitting on that’s been done in regards to dwindle wood, they sure do produce a far more durable product than PS Stix did/does. It’s just that their companies were much lamer.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2023, 08:06:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I think it's more than just the look. Berle feels the need to bit Dylan's post-landing steeze so hard and he forces it unnaturally after tricks. Berle also looks like he's squeezing into those Dickies. His frame is too large and his feet are too big to rock the slim cuffed pants and small board like Dill and Dylan did before him. He just looks goofy, like he's wearing a Halloween costume. I guess not liking his style is a matter of personal preference, but a lot of people tend to agree.
Dylan was tall but very thin so Berle dressing just like him during the Cherry period does look weird.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2023, 08:17:50 AM »
I didn’t see anyone mentioning Louie.

FA has arguably the best skater in the world right now. Not that I really care what happens to FA I just think it’s weird not to mention him

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2023, 08:23:09 AM »
Cool you snapped a board 10 years ago.

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2023, 08:23:24 AM »
The thing about FA is it’s a fake ass company. Dills out here claiming streets, and he ain’t street. He’s a bitch!

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2023, 08:35:08 AM »
The trend is over

Soon FA will be clowned on universally like Girl was. Except they ain't leaving behind anything close to the impact Girl did at the time.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

DERBY

• Rep: 308
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2023, 09:12:46 AM »
The thing about FA is it’s a fake ass company. Dills out here claiming streets, and he ain’t street. He’s a bitch!

https://youtube.com/shorts/GKmrzELoPEc?feature=share

in the beginning of the vid joey claims “everybody’s been saying to test out”. pretty sure just he was salty and no one asked

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2023, 09:24:48 AM »

Didn’t Dill literally live in the street in San Fran? . Was homeless for quite a while. Does that count as street?

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1065
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2023, 09:28:35 AM »
It’s simple

You round up everyone that’s productive on FA, move them over to Burrito so they can finally skate some original, dope graphics.

You restructure Beatrice’s contract where you pay her $3,000 for every new truck she learns and penalize her the same amount for every 50-50 she does on a curb.  This will get her to Tony Hawk-level.

You turn Hockey into an actual hockey team because skating is stupid anyways.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Doumbledoor

• Rep: -4
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2023, 10:44:07 AM »
Hello newbie here. Just wanted to say. Jason dill is a legend and no one will ever beat his legacy. He created the grandpa sweater look(which is so iconic) and the lip mustache. He also created the best skate team in the entire world that ever existed with Beatrice domino and nakel smith. Other like reynolds or rowleys careers and accomplishments are nothing like dills. Plus dill had a snake skin samba shoe. The end. The goat. Dill

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2323
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2023, 11:17:00 AM »
Hello newbie here. Just wanted to say...
And I just wanted to say that I enjoy your schtick of starting each post of with “Hello, newbie here.”
I hope you continue doing it looong after you have achieved PAL status.
Truth be told, I can’t even put a finger on why I like it so much.
Maybe it’s because you seem to be attempting to convince us, with each new post, that you are not, in fact, somebody returning to the bloards again.
Anywhooo… whether it’s welcome, or welcome back, I hope you keep up the intro line gimmick. I’m feeling it.

What is this thread about again?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1699
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2023, 11:30:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Hello newbie here. Just wanted to say...
[close]
And I just wanted to say that I enjoy your schtick of starting each post of with “Hello, newbie here.”
I hope you continue doing it looong after you have achieved PAL status.
Truth be told, I can’t even put a finger on why I like it so much.
Maybe it’s because you seem to be attempting to convince us, with each new post, that you are not, in fact, somebody returning to the bloards again.
Anywhooo… whether it’s welcome, or welcome back, I hope you keep up the intro line gimmick. I’m feeling it.

What is this thread about again?

Uh I think about things we think are awesome.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CkgAy_zgUgE/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Bigfoot is real

« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2023, 11:39:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Didn’t Dill literally live in the street in San Fran? . Was homeless for quite a while. Does that count as street?

I don't think dill ever lived in sf. he rented an apartment in manhattan and crashed with the osbournes.
He just bites black culture, which is contrived and tasteless.

greenbeans

« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2023, 11:39:53 AM »
FA/Hockey is a shadow of former self

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2324
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2023, 11:42:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Fair enough, I realise I'm just speculating based on what I'd expect from a company that over evaluated its potential profits when skateboard sales surged 🤷

People don't get defensive when companies like dwindle are accused of playing capitalism.

Trust me, coming from someone who manages a shop that gets their shop boards from BBS, this ain't happening.

it is just a look & Dylan did not own this. Should I call everyone out because my grandfather had this look back in 1950 when he bought his first house? Fuck no.

Your grandfather must be from Beijing.

Aged Chinese men in Beijing wear this exact outfit when strolling the block at sunset as if it's their pajamas.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 473
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2023, 12:09:06 PM »
I am both too old and not cool enough to have an opinion on this brand.

Still though I don't like ride on grinds or that ginger kid. Shocking I know...

Brwnsuga907

• Rep: 9
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2023, 12:13:50 PM »
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Fucking Awesome. The graphics are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of Aesthetics the graphics will go over a typical skater's head. There's also Dill's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these graphics, to realize that they're not just cool- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Fucking Awesome truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the beauty in Fucking Awesome’s existential skate film "Randy Farkus" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Aidan Mackey's genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Fucking Awesome tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -226
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2023, 12:17:00 PM »
The shovel nose and 8.25 w/ 14 wb are all I need.

Gino and AVE don’t hurt either.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

DERBY

• Rep: 308
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2023, 01:50:03 PM »
if you’ve gotta problem with berle’s style well get a load of this guy (first and third slide)

slimvanilla

« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2023, 01:52:18 PM »
Fucking Awesome is no longer fucking awesome. Well, technically they are, but they aren't. ya know what I mean?