Author Topic: f'ing awesome  (Read 14600 times)

oyolar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: f'ing awesome
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2023, 01:54:32 PM »
if you’ve gotta problem with berle’s style well get a load of this guy (first and third slide)

I mean, not great but it's not forced at least.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2023, 02:08:28 PM »
if you’ve gotta problem with berle’s style well get a load of this guy (first and third slide)

nice try elijah

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2023, 02:13:46 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

nice try elijah

aw fuck. you’ve got me

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2023, 02:39:13 PM »

tf are you talking about he just looks like a normal guy skating wearing normal clothes
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 153
« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2023, 02:47:06 PM »
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Fucking Awesome. The graphics are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of Aesthetics the graphics will go over a typical skater's head. There's also Dill's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these graphics, to realize that they're not just cool- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Fucking Awesome truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the beauty in Fucking Awesome’s existential skate film "Randy Farkus" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Aidan Mackey's genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Fucking Awesome tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 473
« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2023, 04:41:29 PM »
Haha amazing response to that rick and morty copypasta

hotstudios_on_youtube

• Rep: -64
  • ???
« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2023, 06:29:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

tf are you talking about he just looks like a normal guy skating wearing normal clothes

he seems tall enough to need the arms

bigbevev

• Rep: -14
« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2023, 07:20:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just cause its bbs doesn't mean the company didn't ask them to cut corners to ship a given amount.
[close]

Wow I really don't know how to explain how stupid of a statement this is.

"Oh you guys are backed up on orders and can't make boards for us for awhile? Okay but what if you use less glue and shitty wood?"
[close]

Or dill insists he's the biggest company in the industry and they better fucking deliver the mountain of decks he wants on the shelves, bbs feel pressured to deliver, slack on qc, maybe even subcontract. I don't know why you think this is stupid. These are companies, selling products, not ur skate homies.

This

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1064
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2023, 07:43:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just cause its bbs doesn't mean the company didn't ask them to cut corners to ship a given amount.
[close]

Wow I really don't know how to explain how stupid of a statement this is.

"Oh you guys are backed up on orders and can't make boards for us for awhile? Okay but what if you use less glue and shitty wood?"
[close]

Or dill insists he's the biggest company in the industry and they better fucking deliver the mountain of decks he wants on the shelves, bbs feel pressured to deliver, slack on qc, maybe even subcontract. I don't know why you think this is stupid. These are companies, selling products, not ur skate homies.
[close]

This

Not trying to dismiss this or even say you’re wrong, but is there any evidence of this besides personal anecdotes of boards snapping?

If this is real, wouldn’t this be likely to happen to at least one other comparable brand that uses bbs?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

CheeseSteak

• Rep: -2
« Reply #99 on: February 26, 2023, 11:04:15 PM »
I've always liked the boards. Might even like Hockey more than FA. Never had problems with breaking or even chipping.
Although I did buy a board from their Moving Sale Sale and I'm a little miffed it came with a red top ply.
I don't have health insurance right now and I can't go down like Natas

HeapsCool

• Rep: -182
« Reply #100 on: February 26, 2023, 11:40:40 PM »
Fucking awesome of their window.

switchfakie

« Reply #101 on: February 27, 2023, 04:52:42 AM »

Hahaha I need to watch the epically layered series again

tadej Pog

• Rep: -528
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2023, 05:24:56 AM »
Remember when a lot guys here got hyped with Beatrice pro board? They disappeared...the same is happen with FA fans.
Miss you Rusty Berings

streetmeat

• Rep: 170
« Reply #103 on: February 27, 2023, 05:36:49 AM »
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Fucking Awesome. The graphics are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of Aesthetics the graphics will go over a typical skater's head. There's also Dill's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these graphics, to realize that they're not just cool- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Fucking Awesome truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the beauty in Fucking Awesome’s existential skate film "Randy Farkus" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Aidan Mackey's genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Fucking Awesome tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

lol you act like they invented their style of art. 99% of their style, especially Hockey, is just cut-n-paste style work ala punk/hardcore/zine/flyer culture.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #104 on: February 27, 2023, 05:43:36 AM »
Remember when a lot guys here got hyped with Beatrice pro board? They disappeared...the same is happen with FA fans.

This. There are so many rad undiscovered females ripping right now. Her days are numbered for sure.

What board brands aren't "stagnate" right now? Pretty sure they all are.

Loady McGee

• Rep: 57
« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2023, 06:17:23 AM »
Why isn't Jack Osbourne on the team? That's the real question.

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2023, 06:19:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This. There are so many rad undiscovered females ripping right now. Her days are numbered for sure.

this is cap right now. limosine (video with every drop), sci-fi fantasy (signed gifted hater), primitive (2pac, prod YouTube), frog (Frankie decker finally pro), king (soty trip in the books), baker (the boss linking up with NB), heck id even throw FA in there too

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1403
« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2023, 06:31:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hahaha I need to watch the epically layered series again

IpathCats

« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2023, 06:37:47 AM »
After hearing all that hullaballoo over the FA online sale, i wouldnt be surprised to learn that lots of those older PSSTIX boards they had sitting around are snapping easily. The kicks are fairly steep too, which usually just snap instead of cracking first.

I know this is just another anecdote but my friend got two Quasis when they started marketing that "acid ply" shit (i know it was a joke), and he got new ones with the acid ply branding. He snapped one almost immediately after setting it up, and the second one after skating it like 2 or 3 times. He's a pretty good skater, doesnt normally snap decks regularly, not a large guy or anything either.

You guys skate those ugly ass shapes?

People seem to love that shit.

Those big ass noses are not for me, maybe its just because baker was the shit when i was younger, but i need a tapered nose/tail.

Both functionally and esthetically speaking, a tapered nose and tail suit me much better.

I feel like that full nose shape looks especially bad on narrower boards. Something about the proportions just looks wrong.

streetmeat

• Rep: 170
« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2023, 06:50:06 AM »
the FA/Hockey shape is all i ride now since they went to BBS and Real full se shapes are hard to come by now. i spend a lot of time on my nose for slappy tricks so the large shovel nose is nice for me.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 708
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2023, 07:21:13 AM »
I dont buy into the conspiracy that BBS cut corners during covid etc.

I have another conspiracy though that hopefully someone could shed some light on:
Is it possible the boards were stored poorly? Either by FA, the distributor, or the shop itself that sold you the board? theres so many places this could go wrong along the way in my mind.

I would hope FA knows how to store boards but I have no clue. This could be why the old boards were shitty. I assume the distributor for the most part is fine because shops would complain etc and we would see consistency in some brands sucking vs others. But shops vary like crazy so who knows here. I could see a really cold or damp environment messing them up. or too hot and dry.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2023, 07:49:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

this is cap right now. limosine (video with every drop), sci-fi fantasy (signed gifted hater), primitive (2pac, prod YouTube), frog (Frankie decker finally pro), king (soty trip in the books), baker (the boss linking up with NB), heck id even throw FA in there too

A lot of that has to due with individuals and not the board brand. Like I love Spanky but Baker is kinda bland right now. Admittedly I haven't followed too closely to Limosine but yeah they are rad. Stagnate is the wrong word to use.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2023, 07:51:33 AM »
I dont buy into the conspiracy that BBS cut corners during covid etc.

I have another conspiracy though that hopefully someone could shed some light on:
Is it possible the boards were stored poorly? Either by FA, the distributor, or the shop itself that sold you the board? theres so many places this could go wrong along the way in my mind.

I would hope FA knows how to store boards but I have no clue. This could be why the old boards were shitty. I assume the distributor for the most part is fine because shops would complain etc and we would see consistency in some brands sucking vs others. But shops vary like crazy so who knows here. I could see a really cold or damp environment messing them up. or too hot and dry.

daniel shimizu sabotaged

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1064
« Reply #113 on: February 27, 2023, 09:16:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Throw Passport in there too.  They good.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3422
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #114 on: February 27, 2023, 09:19:14 AM »
I'd like to share a secret with everyone: FA sucked the first time they were a company. Then they sucked when they went away. Then they also sucked the second time they were a company.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #115 on: February 27, 2023, 04:21:16 PM »
I'd like to share a secret with everyone: FA sucked the first time they were a company. Then they sucked when they went away. Then they also sucked the second time they were a company.
I typically agree with and get a kick out of most everything you say, but this one I don’t (who cares). but I was really young the first time around and when they became a board company, something about everything they did was so fresh and something special especially to us teenagers. They may be some hot a$$ right now, but to write them off as some shitty company in their early years as a board company with the team they had (crockett JJ and bledsoe included) is insanity

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3422
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2023, 03:59:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I typically agree with and get a kick out of most everything you say, but this one I don’t (who cares). but I was really young the first time around and when they became a board company, something about everything they did was so fresh and something special especially to us teenagers. They may be some hot a$$ right now, but to write them off as some shitty company in their early years as a board company with the team they had (crockett JJ and bledsoe included) is insanity

Definitely willing to admit that I was just too damn old to understand it all. And I love Bledsoe so I need to shut my whore mouth.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2325
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2023, 04:06:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Wait, when did Crockett, Jake Johnson, and Bledsoe skate for Fucking Awesome? (You don't have to answer. I know the answer.)

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2023, 04:20:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Wait, when did Crockett, Jake Johnson, and Bledsoe skate for Fucking Awesome? (You don't have to answer. I know the answer.)

Either the first or third shitty version of them

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2023, 05:47:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

well then what is your answer, do tell.