Author Topic: NYC Metro Area General Thread  (Read 18428 times)

VHS ERA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: NYC Metro Area General Thread
« Reply #240 on: April 14, 2024, 07:04:28 PM »
Anyone know where this is? Somewhere in Ridgewood I think

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #241 on: April 15, 2024, 03:41:25 AM »
Holy shit that thing is actually back? I thought that was an April fools post. Very cool. spot of the year 07-09..
Yeah it’s somewhere over there in ridgewood idk the cross street of top but take the M a stop or 2 past Myrtle Bway and push around. you’ll find it or find someone that knows.
Shouts out to Webber kickflip front lip into fakie in Outdated.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 272
  • often correct
« Reply #242 on: April 15, 2024, 04:33:38 AM »
its right across the street from the three stair grinder at ps 239

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #243 on: April 19, 2024, 02:34:28 AM »
Good looks and yea sounds like it’s back. I’m gonna find out anyway

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #244 on: April 19, 2024, 05:17:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
gonna be staying in brooklyn in a week and bringing my board. Hoping to squeeze in some morning sessions at blue park if i can.

Anybody got suggestions for decent cheap food, bars and other cool stuff to do? Also if there's any bars out in NY similar to something like Max Fish, lmk!
[close]
As mentioned above, Carmelo’s on Dekalb in Bushwick is a bit of a skater hangout, kinda picking up the mantle from places like Enids or Max Fish now that they’re closed. Right down the street from Maria Hernandez ledge spot

Also, I kinda hate Rolo’s. The food is definitely good but everything else about it rubs me the wrong way
[close]

same feelings here. they got really pretentious after they got a shoutout on national tv from jeremy alan white from the bear
Not trying to turn this isnto a Rolos chat but fuck that place. One, you wont get to try the burger because they sell out 5 minutes after they open. Two, this place is a straight up corny podcaster destination. Three, its owned by a reality investment group if you care about that. Go to the seneca if you want a good burger. Also Carmelos sucks, Mollies or minnows is a better option with out the toxic waste.

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #245 on: April 19, 2024, 11:13:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
gonna be staying in brooklyn in a week and bringing my board. Hoping to squeeze in some morning sessions at blue park if i can.

Anybody got suggestions for decent cheap food, bars and other cool stuff to do? Also if there's any bars out in NY similar to something like Max Fish, lmk!
[close]
As mentioned above, Carmelo’s on Dekalb in Bushwick is a bit of a skater hangout, kinda picking up the mantle from places like Enids or Max Fish now that they’re closed. Right down the street from Maria Hernandez ledge spot

Also, I kinda hate Rolo’s. The food is definitely good but everything else about it rubs me the wrong way
[close]

same feelings here. they got really pretentious after they got a shoutout on national tv from jeremy alan white from the bear
[close]
Not trying to turn this isnto a Rolos chat but fuck that place. One, you wont get to try the burger because they sell out 5 minutes after they open. Two, this place is a straight up corny podcaster destination. Three, its owned by a reality investment group if you care about that. Go to the seneca if you want a good burger. Also Carmelos sucks, Mollies or minnows is a better option with out the toxic waste.
carmelos is full of all the skaters you would never actually want to be friends with. i've never seen a girl in there over the age of 23 if that tells you anything.

I second Mollies and Minnows. on top of it being run by ATL homies, the food at Minnows is top notch bar food
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #246 on: April 19, 2024, 03:17:00 PM »
Hot shit chef ego is the worst. I had a meeting for work with the Rolo’s owners before they opened and I could sense a bit. I’ve seen worse tho.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • Free Max B
« Reply #247 on: April 20, 2024, 10:48:03 AM »
Most overhyped spot on earth let alone Brooklyn is Tina’s. Flat Pepsi poured out of a 2 liter into a small Dixie cup for $2. Place is honestly fucked

Free max b
FREE MAX B

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1587
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #248 on: April 20, 2024, 02:14:12 PM »
Most overhyped spot on earth let alone Brooklyn is Tina’s. Flat Pepsi poured out of a 2 liter into a small Dixie cup for $2. Place is honestly fucked

Free max b

You have to tell them that you want your Pepsi sparkling, not still
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #249 on: April 22, 2024, 10:31:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
i tried the seneca because other people told me they had a good burger but i actually thought it was trash. im willing to give it another shot. real OGs will remember when that storefront was briefly a heavy metal bar called bierleichen, which was actually kinda sick, especially back when there were way fewer bars in the area

you know who has a surprisingly good burger tho? Talon on wyckoff. Terrible vibes inside, like everyone there is as rude as possible for some reason, but i prefer that to the "college kids bringing their parents out to dinner and people who saw it on tiktok" vibe at Rolos

And the cellar door/philly stair combo posted above is on weirfield, you're welcome

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1391
« Reply #250 on: April 23, 2024, 06:13:32 PM »
Whats cookin, y’all!?!

Im working a carpentry gig an hour outside the city for the next 4-6 weeks. I will probably take a train in to skate on the weekend a few times.

Never really spent much time in the city other than passing thru for a couple days at most. Skated the banks once as a kid. So i have no idea whats good other than just wanting to skate around and eat falafel!

Anyone wanna drop some routes for just pushing around and jamming street spots all day? And of course dm me if you wanna skate!

Thanks!!!
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty