Author Topic: South Korea - shops / spots / parks  (Read 689 times)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
South Korea - shops / spots / parks
« on: February 26, 2023, 09:40:02 PM »
Will in Seoul for a few days in April, anyone have deets on shops / spots / parks that are worth checking out? I'll have maybe 2-3 days of me time while the wife goes out on her own. Don't mind picking a board from a shop there since trucks / wheels are easy to pack along.

Street parks preferred, don't want to get wrecked attempting to skate transition.

Weather forecast looks chilly (9-15 C) and I'm not a fan of the cold so I don't mind taking the sessions easy.

Thanks in advance.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
Re: South Korea - shops / spots / parks
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2023, 09:52:16 PM »
nice man! ill be on Korea in June!
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

matt_2993

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2023, 10:31:39 PM »
I've been to Seoul a couple times and didn't bring a board but there are random dope places almost everywhere if you're just wandering the different neighborhoods of the city.

Timber Skateshop is a sick shop in Hongdae and they did a Baker collab recently that made for a dope souvenir. 

I have a million food recommendations but at the same time you can't go wrong anywhere. Even seven elevens have amazing food.

Check out club Vurt if you're into underground electronic music. Basically a pitch black cement bunker filled with cigarette smoke and great music til 6am on weekends

Rent a portable wifi egg through Trazy for 2 bucks a day and also download the Naver app for gps out there. Add in your airbnb as Home for easy walks home after you black out every night.

Also have a local write down your address on a piece of paper so when you jump into a taxi the driver can just read it. Makes it so much easier. Also, a 1 hour taxi across the city was typically hardly more then 10 USD and is well worth it depending on your schedule

Was gonna try to go next month except prices suddenly jumped up 500 bucks damn it.. if they drop at all this week I'm fuckin doin it

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2023, 10:32:57 PM »
I've been to Seoul a couple times and didn't bring a board but there are random dope places almost everywhere if you're just wandering the different neighborhoods of the city.

Timber Skateshop is a sick shop in Hongdae and they did a Baker collab recently that made for a dope souvenir. 

I have a million food recommendations but at the same time you can't go wrong anywhere. Even seven elevens have amazing food.

Check out club Vurt if you're into underground electronic music. Basically a pitch black cement bunker filled with cigarette smoke and great music til 6am on weekends

Rent a portable wifi egg through Trazy for 2 bucks a day and also download the Naver app for gps out there. Add in your airbnb as Home for easy walks home after you black out every night.

Also have a local write down your address on a piece of paper so when you jump into a taxi the driver can just read it. Makes it so much easier. Also, a 1 hour taxi across the city was typically hardly more then 10 USD and is well worth it depending on your schedule

Was gonna try to go next month except prices suddenly jumped up 500 bucks damn it.. if they drop at all this week I'm fuckin doin it

Good tips man, I'll be sure to check out Timber and get the WiFi egg too.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Simcity

• Rep: 24
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2023, 01:01:29 AM »
https://skatejawn.com/seoul/

This might give you some good info

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 90
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2023, 07:06:49 PM »
Does Cult still exist?

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2023, 07:19:33 PM »
Does Cult still exist?

Pretty sure I saw some random recent clips there but can't say 100% sure on that

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2023, 07:01:09 PM »

Definitely checking out Timber skate shop, they got some good looking shop brand apparel and decks.

Does Cult still exist?

Dongdaemun Culture and History Center / Cult Park

And 1 more ledge spot at Mulbit Square right by the water too
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 10:33:29 PM by rocklobster »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

jaysouthbay

• Rep: 1
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2023, 05:10:55 AM »
crazy. i literally just landed in Incheon a couple days ago.

there are street spots EVERYWHERE. they are so abundant you would think the city planners were skateboarders in a past life or something. so many little nooks and crannies where youll see something. just perfect rails and banks/ledges/stairs and interesting combos in so many places

lot of charm to some areas that will lend for some really interesting looking footage if u film

if you just want a regular park try Ttukseom Park its like one of the largest parks. it has everything. including foreigners so you dont feel lonely haha

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2023, 08:35:30 PM »

there are street spots EVERYWHERE. they are so abundant you would think the city planners were skateboarders in a past life or something. so many little nooks and crannies where youll see something. just perfect rails and banks/ledges/stairs and interesting combos in so many places

lot of charm to some areas that will lend for some really interesting looking footage if u film

if you just want a regular park try Ttukseom Park its like one of the largest parks. it has everything. including foreigners so you dont feel lonely haha

Nice, did you get hassled by any cops while street skating? Definitely feeling more street spots these days, wife has some solo days planned for work / alone time so I'm hitting some street spots.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

BigFatPaulie

• Rep: 3
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2023, 05:07:18 AM »
Cult Park is still around, highly recommend it’s always a lot of fun.  Other than that agree with Ttetukseom Skatepark being probably the overall best/most fun, Timber Shop is my favorite skateshop but Savour and PalPal are really cool as well.  If you hit Timber Shop in hongdae it’s pretty much surrounded by an incredible amount of amazing food spots.

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 90
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2023, 08:07:14 AM »
There’s another South Korea thread with some good info, we should merge the threads.

Anybody in Busan?

jaysouthbay

• Rep: 1
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2023, 07:07:20 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nice, did you get hassled by any cops while street skating? Definitely feeling more street spots these days, wife has some solo days planned for work / alone time so I'm hitting some street spots.

i didnt get hassled although ill admit im not out here skating rails and jumping down stairs

i just go to an indoor near me. i think as long as ur not skating some historical sculpture or government buildings its gonna be the same as the us. private business might have an issue.

btw the Baker team was in Seoul recently so check their socials to see what the vibe is. its chill.

Simcity

• Rep: 24
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2023, 07:57:33 PM »
Hi all,

Ive been living in Seoul for the last 10 years. Here is the downlow

Spots
It used to be basically bust free but in the last 3/4 years, it def has gotten worse.Just avoid skating something that looks like art and you should be fine. There are an endless supply of spots. Just get off at an station, bound to find something. Hot spot areas are ddp, yueido , Digital media city, Samseong, Sunae which is technically not Seoul. Tons of other areas, go explore

Parks
Cult is still going strong but neighbours have been complaining. Tukkseum resort has a big park but it's not perfect. The ground is a bit soft. Boramae has a concrete park which is geared towards comp training, you gotta wear a helmet

Shops
Timber in Hongdae
Savor in Sangsu
Heaps in Boramae
Palpal in Apujeong
Aori park near Ttukseom resort
Tussa in Itaewon

All are good

Hope this helps

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2023, 07:09:28 AM »
Hi all,

Ive been living in Seoul for the last 10 years. Here is the downlow

Spots
It used to be basically bust free but in the last 3/4 years, it def has gotten worse.Just avoid skating something that looks like art and you should be fine. There are an endless supply of spots. Just get off at an station, bound to find something. Hot spot areas are ddp, yueido , Digital media city, Samseong, Sunae which is technically not Seoul. Tons of other areas, go explore

Parks
Cult is still going strong but neighbours have been complaining. Tukkseum resort has a big park but it's not perfect. The ground is a bit soft. Boramae has a concrete park which is geared towards comp training, you gotta wear a helmet

Shops
Timber in Hongdae
Savor in Sangsu
Heaps in Boramae
Palpal in Apujeong
Aori park near Ttukseom resort
Tussa in Itaewon

All are good

Hope this helps

Very much so, thanks for the deets!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO