Author Topic: No Baldur's Gate 3 thread?  (Read 182 times)

Shtonk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -317
No Baldur's Gate 3 thread?
« on: April 06, 2024, 04:22:26 AM »
Tripping out on the fact that there's no BG3 thread on here and search makes it look like I'm the first to even post about it anywhere. I've gotten into some heated arguments and butted some hands on here, but this is actually the first time I feel alienated. No fellow appreciators of stellar singleplayer RPGs among the Pals?

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 206
Re: No Baldur's Gate 3 thread?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2024, 07:19:35 AM »
I loved it, didn’t get around to playing it late last year through this year. Platonic ideal of a classic D&D style RPG in my opinion.

Was absolutely massive though, began to feel guilty for how much time I was sinking into it by Act 3. Still did my best to complete and explore everything, since I know I’m not gonna find another 100+ hours for a playthrough any time soon, even spread across months like my first playthrough.

School of swords bard build was great, good combo of dialogue skills and combat.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2024, 07:43:49 AM »
I mentioned playing it in some odd thread here early in the year as I was wrapping up my first run. Tremendous achievement of a game, a crown jewel in it's genre.

Shtonk

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2024, 12:06:15 AM »
I loved it, didn’t get around to playing it late last year through this year. Platonic ideal of a classic D&D style RPG in my opinion.

Was absolutely massive though, began to feel guilty for how much time I was sinking into it by Act 3. Still did my best to complete and explore everything, since I know I’m not gonna find another 100+ hours for a playthrough any time soon, even spread across months like my first playthrough.

School of swords bard build was great, good combo of dialogue skills and combat.

Yeah I come from less D&D-heavy stuff like Witcher and I fucked up my first build so bad. Paladin is just the worst. Re-classed beginning of act 2 but now my skills/abilities are all out of whack haha. Im not a fan of the super densely packed overground world, just spoilt by open worlds I guess. And the camera in vertical spaces sometimes drives me insane, especially the zoom out limit and inability to look up. But these are small complaints, the game is an undeniable milestone. For me it's the writing and voice acting that does it. Part of this game is bordering on uppercase L literature. Not sure how I'll find the time to complete it but I enjoy every minute.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2024, 06:44:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah I come from less D&D-heavy stuff like Witcher and I fucked up my first build so bad. Paladin is just the worst. Re-classed beginning of act 2 but now my skills/abilities are all out of whack haha. Im not a fan of the super densely packed overground world, just spoilt by open worlds I guess. And the camera in vertical spaces sometimes drives me insane, especially the zoom out limit and inability to look up. But these are small complaints, the game is an undeniable milestone. For me it's the writing and voice acting that does it. Part of this game is bordering on uppercase L literature. Not sure how I'll find the time to complete it but I enjoy every minute.

Paladin is super strong, especially if you put a few levels into Barbarian for physical damage. That was my build for my first playthrough and I steamrolled. Maybe just doesn't fit your personal playstyle? I'd played some D&D before this and also the Divinity Original Sin games also by Larian.

Did you play on PC or console? I played PC mouse and keyboard and love it but tried to play with controller split screen later and hated it immediately.

Shtonk

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2024, 02:26:53 PM »
Yeah I misphrased, paladin is strong but not fun and didn't suit my playstyle since I like to get a little devious sometimes. Didn't like the options it was giving me.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2024, 01:41:36 PM »
Yeah I misphrased, paladin is strong but not fun and didn't suit my playstyle since I like to get a little devious sometimes. Didn't like the options it was giving me.

Gotcha, yeah you're kind of limited with being a good guy unless you want to be an oath-breaker which I eventually did. That was pretty cool though because then they send a guy to reconcile it with you and you have the option of trying to earn your honor back.

Pretty bummed Larian isn't making DLC for this but excited to see what their next project is nonetheless