Author Topic: DC skate shoes models thread  (Read 9298 times)

Richard Skidder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 473
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: DC skate shoes models thread
« Reply #90 on: August 22, 2023, 09:27:43 AM »
Anyone here skated the Striker? How’s the fit and feel?

mrselfdestruct

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 16
  • fresh
DC fans help
« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2023, 09:05:13 AM »
I love my kalis ogs. currently skating the cafe pair ( the colorway is so simple and goes with everything ) and they are almost donezo. what other old skate shoes skate similar to the kalis ogs that are reissues? i got the eS creagors and they dont skate like the kalis and, im just done skating williams ogs. message me with any recomendations. thanks.
Mrs Elf is a pretty cool name.

And Mrs Elf destructing is even cooler.

dj nipslip

Re: DC fans help
« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2023, 07:36:48 AM »
I love my kalis ogs. currently skating the cafe pair ( the colorway is so simple and goes with everything ) and they are almost donezo. what other old skate shoes skate similar to the kalis ogs that are reissues? i got the eS creagors and they dont skate like the kalis and, im just done skating williams ogs. message me with any recomendations. thanks.

Man, those Williams og's were ovens for my feet. Never have my feet sweat so much while skating a shoe. Honestly, I think the truth's would be the way to go, although the thrasher colorway is a bit atrocious. Strikingly similar feel to the Kalis OG's, same stiffness in the sole with that air bubble. The creagers look dope; I feel like they kinda missed the mark a bit, but I've also never skated them.

mrselfdestruct

• fresh
« Reply #93 on: September 18, 2023, 07:41:00 AM »
thank you much and yea sadly the thrasher ones are too much. been wanting the ben g truths so bad but have 0 dollarz!! thank you though!

dj nipslip

« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2023, 07:44:27 AM »
thank you much and yea sadly the thrasher ones are too much. been wanting the ben g truths so bad but have 0 dollarz!! thank you though!

Same, those are sweet. 140 is crazy though, apparently they've been sitting like mad, can't say I'm surprised. That colorway is so dope, but I'm not sure how well the patent leather will skate.

mrselfdestruct

• fresh
« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2023, 07:46:21 AM »
horrible like it always does. after the first few sessions though they shinny leather will turn in soft leather prolly which makes it ok ig

dj nipslip

« Reply #96 on: September 18, 2023, 07:48:19 AM »
horrible like it always does. after the first few sessions though they shinny leather will turn in soft leather prolly which makes it ok ig

True. If I'm paying 140 before tax, I'd rather my shoes not skate like shit and after a few sessions look like shit. Thoughts on the new kalynx zeros?

mrselfdestruct

• fresh
« Reply #97 on: September 18, 2023, 07:51:05 AM »
horrid. i love when they did the leagcyxlynxxkalis all OG on one shoe but, with the kalis lite and lynx zero, it just looks bad to me. also just hate the lynx zero in general

dj nipslip

« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2023, 07:54:06 AM »
horrid. i love when they did the leagcyxlynxxkalis all OG on one shoe but, with the kalis lite and lynx zero, it just looks bad to me. also just hate the lynx zero in general

Same here. I just think its funny that they're giving kalis yet another shoe, although they are mostly one in the same. Thats shoe number what, six? The vulcs, s, lites, og, truth, now kalynx? 7 if you count the Kalynx "OG"

mrselfdestruct

• fresh
« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2023, 07:57:31 AM »
black sheep has the truth ben g in my size. its really not a lot of patient leather where you skate

dj nipslip

« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2023, 08:01:02 AM »
https://blacklistboardshop.com/products/truth-x-ben-g-skateshop?variant=45450092183785

Still available in every size. Man, these are tempting, just can't get over that 140.

mrselfdestruct

• fresh
« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2023, 08:02:20 AM »
LMAO

dj nipslip

« Reply #102 on: September 18, 2023, 08:04:35 AM »
Might get those cafe clockers. Not the best colorway in the world, but simple. Can find them for generally cheap, loved the way the bronze56k clockers skated.

vacakaka

• Rep: 1
« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2023, 01:16:02 PM »
Anyone heard anything about the new DC X Rave drop? Only available on Rave Website rn but they look sick, a simple color way too, remind me of their cafe collab awhile back. https://raveskateboards.com/products/299-lukoda

dj nipslip

« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2023, 06:45:05 AM »
Anyone heard anything about the new DC X Rave drop? Only available on Rave Website rn but they look sick, a simple color way too, remind me of their cafe collab awhile back. https://raveskateboards.com/products/299-lukoda

I left a comment on their insta post about how they were sold out within minutes and they mentioned a restock later this week, not sure about the truthfulness there but if its true I'm all for it. I want those badly

vacakaka

« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2023, 08:26:47 AM »
On the site its says the "Lukoda run small, go one size up". Has anyone had a pair of Lukodas before, any validity to this? Only skated DC's Mantecas before.

Pastasash

• Rep: 81
« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2023, 08:47:34 AM »
On the site its says the "Lukoda run small, go one size up". Has anyone had a pair of Lukodas before, any validity to this? Only skated DC's Mantecas before.

Yeah I had a pair of the Bronze collab few years back and it actually runs half size small, and I'm pretty sure that's what they said for the Butter collab from last year too.

IMO go half size up, doubt they changed the fit of the Lukoda since those releases

vacakaka

« Reply #107 on: September 21, 2023, 10:06:27 AM »
Im not tryna pay for over the pond shipping though, DC needs to drop on their website. I need a nice looking chunky shoe.

vacakaka

« Reply #108 on: September 21, 2023, 10:09:43 AM »
Also question for the thread, I curious about the Lynx line. I know they CHONKY but I had the OG ES Accel and those boys THICC. Wondering some thoughts on a good Lynx model (maybe wait for a new Kalis CW?Prepping but not ready for full fridges on my feet yet.

dj nipslip

« Reply #109 on: September 21, 2023, 11:40:50 AM »
Also question for the thread, I curious about the Lynx line. I know they CHONKY but I had the OG ES Accel and those boys THICC. Wondering some thoughts on a good Lynx model (maybe wait for a new Kalis CW?Prepping but not ready for full fridges on my feet yet.

Lynx og's are less chunky than the accel og but much more durable and sit up higher. They only make limited runs of them, the latest being the cash only one that dropped last week so there might not be another for a while. The lynx zero, however, is like dc's accel slim. Same exact look just slimmed down, different sole, no lace loops or pull tab. Also always available and only $70 compared to most OG's that start at 110. DC's website always has free shipping if you have an account and its easy to find coupons online for like 30% off

TreyPhillip

« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2023, 06:50:49 PM »
Every time I’ve dm’d Kalis to ask for sizing advice on his pro-shoes (only twice) he answers within the day if not the hour. I don’t know if homie is chronically online but i very much appreciate the help. Don’t wanna blow this up but if anyone is debating buying any of his shoes and don’t know what size to get just hit the man up!!

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #111 on: September 23, 2023, 03:17:34 AM »
Every time I’ve dm’d Kalis to ask for sizing advice on his pro-shoes (only twice) he answers within the day if not the hour. I don’t know if homie is chronically online but i very much appreciate the help. Don’t wanna blow this up but if anyone is debating buying any of his shoes and don’t know what size to get just hit the man up!!
But don't forget to do it like a man, that's vital.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #112 on: September 23, 2023, 12:58:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Lynx og's are less chunky than the accel og but much more durable and sit up higher. They only make limited runs of them, the latest being the cash only one that dropped last week so there might not be another for a while. The lynx zero, however, is like dc's accel slim. Same exact look just slimmed down, different sole, no lace loops or pull tab. Also always available and only $70 compared to most OG's that start at 110. DC's website always has free shipping if you have an account and its easy to find coupons online for like 30% off

Lynx felt noticeably more chunky than Accel OG to me (skated both and Lynx were bricks compared to Accels), even though Accel OG has WAY more tongue padding. Accel OG has a much thinner/more skate ready sole than the Lynx. The Lynx I skated took a long time to break in, but Accels broke in a few sessions.

Anyways, if the poster above wants a good temporary shoe until another Lynx or Kalis drops, Lynx Zero is not bad, but not great. Could be great, but it's definitely built closer to a price point model than a premium one. So YMMV if you buy it Vacaka

Other alternatives that are thicker cupsoles: DC Clocker 2, Manteca 4 (slimmest of all shoes mentioned here), Emerica OG-1, KSL G6,  Etnies Marana, Joslin, MC Rap Lo/Hi
Super Champion Fun Zone

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2023, 06:34:18 AM »
Has anyone tried the kalynx zero? I have a pair of lynx zeros and mantecas and had to go a half size up for them.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

boofactory

• Rep: 24
« Reply #114 on: September 29, 2023, 03:43:27 AM »
Anyone get their hands on a pair of JS-1? Been curious how they skate.

Lately have had the legacy 98 slims and Lynx zero on the skate rotation.

Legacy slims are really form fitting and extremely comfortable. Great boardfeel and flick, durability overall is pretty good. They look great and I wish that DC would drop a couple more. 8.5/10

The Lynx zeros are fine, I had been skating the OGs and lukodas for the past year and the OG options are superior in just about every way. The Lynx zero reminds me more of a dunk-a-like or too close to what the Manteca already brings to their line up. Also I tend to blow through a set of laces just about every time I go skate the shoes. Wish DC would add a couple more hits on the details to make them a more true slimmed down version of the OG. 6/10

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 594
« Reply #115 on: September 29, 2023, 07:10:15 AM »

I mean for what it's worth, Kalis posted his phone number on here awhile back haha he's just a really good dude

boofactory

• Rep: 24
« Reply #116 on: September 30, 2023, 04:04:17 AM »
Tried on the shanahan’s yesterday, complete unit of a shoes. So many different materials and panels make it feel sturdy like a work boot. The clicker sole is nice and I’d say feels thicker in the heel compare to a Lynx. The collar is nicely padded and taller on the ankle than the other bulkier options that DC is offering. The lace system might be a little strange with the faux eyelets but the internal lace loops and strap made it feel very secure. Looking forward to seeing how they skate.

mrselfdestruct

• fresh
lukoda
« Reply #117 on: October 11, 2023, 06:30:34 AM »
so i know i need to go a half size up but do the lukodas skate the same as the lynx og? huge fan of the lynx og and the lukoda has the same outsole and toecap.

GT

• Rep: 0
« Reply #118 on: October 11, 2023, 01:03:31 PM »
Lukodas go up to full size up.
I find they skate bulkier /heavier from what lynx of feels like. Lynx I think are the best dc shoe of all time.
As for js-1 true to size with a possible half size up goes. The most detailed show I've seen in a long time.

mrselfdestruct

• fresh
« Reply #119 on: October 12, 2023, 05:36:08 AM »
wit the lukodas the dc website says go half a size up. my homie has a pair and went a half size up and said they fit good. the js-1 look TOO bulky. if youve skated em give me a lil review